Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    1.7 (respin 3) Available 02-Mar-2008

What is Pocket StockCenter?

Pocket StockCenter is an app that allows you to track your favorite stocks directly on your Treo or any Windows Mobile device (in theory!) It also supports automatic update/refresh and display of your favorite stock quotes on the carrier line on your today screen or in a separate today plugin (thanks zbop!)

=========================================
    FEATURES

-- Add/Remove Stocks to your "Portfolio", as many as you want

-- Track shares owned and purchase price!

-- Portfolio Overview. Displays a summary of your holdings, day and net $ gain and percentage gains

-- View Extended Stock Quotes for those in your portfolio (Symbol, Current Price, Change, % Change, Opening Price, Daily High, Daily Low, Volume, 52 Week Range). For those stocks where you have entered shares and price, you will also see holdings value, change in day value, and overall gain

-- Charts! View intraday, 5 day, 3 month, 6 month, 1 year, 2 year, 5 year and max for each stock

-- Enable/Disable Carrier Line Stock Quotes (Symbol, Current Price, Change)

-- Enable/Disable dedicated Today Plugin for Quotes (Symbol, Current Price, Change, % Change, Time)
    -- Set Colors for quotes (up, down, or even)
    -- Enable/Disable Colored Quotes
    -- Set plugin font size
    -- Get Extended Quotes from the today screen via tap
    -- Charts! as described above
    -- Set Day Gain/Loss thresholds. Audible alert when threshold exceeded
    -- Pause Autoupdates so the quotes cycle through but updates are not retrieved
    -- Launch Main App from the today plugin

Both the Carrier Line and Today Plugin support adjustable delay and refresh/update periods. This will display each quote for a set period of time (2-5 seconds for example), then move on to the next quote in a cycle, and update the quotes based on the update interval you specify (1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, or 2 hours

-- Set AutoUpdate Start/End Times

LIMITATIONS

May not play nicely with other apps that update the carrier line, so I would recommend using the dedicated today plugin (plus it has added functionality)

Enjoy!

1.7 (respin 2) -- 27-FEB-2008

Fixed: When adjusting shares owned or purchase price, Portfolio Overview was being added as a stock you owned causing a duplicate entry in the main menu.

1.7 (respin 3) -- 03-MAR-2008
    Fixed: Installation issue
    Changed: Updated to latest Mortscript 4.11b6

1.7 (respin) -- 23-FEB-2008

Fixed: Setting quote cycle speed didn't show previously set value, defaulted always to 3. Now shows whatever you set previously.

1.7 -- 22-FEB-2008

-- Added: Portfolio Overview to main app and option to display the info on the today screen along with the quotes. In the main app, displays a summary of each stock and then today's net gain/loss, today's net percentage gain/loss, overall gain/loss and overall percentage gain/loss based on stocks for which you have entered share and purchase price information. In the today plugin if enabled, today's net and percentage net, overall and overall percentage will display.

-- Added: Alert Thresholds. Set Gain/Loss % thresholds, and alert tone to use if threshold is exceeded (.wav file). Enable/Disable these alerts can be set in the main app or from the today plugin tap menu but you need to use the main app to set the thresholds and set the alert tone (default is Default.wav in the \Windows directory)

-- Added: Enable/Disable Debugging (produces log file of activity)

-- Changed: Plugin font size set to 7 by default (used to be 8)

-- Changed: Updated to Mortscript 4.11b5

1.6.1 -- 14-JAN-2008 (Respin)

Added: Set Today Plugin font size from the Setup Options Menu

Fixed: Internet Connection issue for most devices (where it claims no internet connection when there is one).

Changed: Updated to Mortscript 4.1 Final

1.6 -- 01-Oct-2007

Added: Track shares owned and price paid! You can now track number of shares owned and price paid per stock and get details based on this info when looking at your quotes, including holdings value, change in value for the day, and overall gain.

1.5 -- 18-Sep-2007

Added: Charts! in the main app and today plugin

Added: After 4PM eastern, updates will automatically pause and stocks will continue to rotate through without going back to the internet to retrieve updates (since the market is closed)

Fixed: Today plugin now installs to the Windows directory so you should be able to run the app properly if installed on the storage card vs. main memory

Fixed: Uninstall wasn't properly deleting everything it was supposed to delete.

1.4.3 -- 27-AUG-2007

Fixed: error setting notification when the autoupdate start time was later than the current time

1.4.2 -- 27-AUG-2007

-- Added: Ability to launch main app from the today plugin

1.4.1 -- 24-AUG-2007

1.4.1 Changes

-- Fixed: Installation/Uninstall issue on some WM6 devices

1.4 - 23-AUG-2007

Added: Option to enable today plugin during fresh installation or if you choose not to upgrade old data

Added: Ability to pause/unpause autoupdates on the today screen so the quotes cycle through but updates are not retrieved

Fixed: Ensure links to start autoupdates, removing notifications etc work properly

Fixed: Initial preferences have the start and end times from midnight to 11PM

1.3 - 21-AUG-2007

-- Added: Dow Jones and Nasdaq Composite added to initial stocks

-- Added: Installing new version will allow you to maintain your stocks and preferences if you choose to, instead of reconfiguring everything each time a new version is posted.

-- Added: Check for internet connection each time quotes are grabbed to hopefully avoid an error when the data connection is unavailable. If the connection is unavailable, the program will exit/stop autoupdates.

-- Added: Prevent user from setting the autoupdate start time after the end time or vice versa (end time before the start time)

1.2 - 16-Aug-2007

Added: CAB Installation Availability
    Added: Dedicated Today Plugin
    Added: Set Colors for Quotes (up, down, and even)
    Added: View Extended Quote using the today plugin
    Fixed: AutoUpdate pauses while on a phone call

1.1 BETA

Fixed: AutoUpdate Start and End Times setup option now defaults the selection to your current selection
    Fixed: Listing of stocks after deleting a stock shows the accurate list
    Added: Time of the quote is displayed using the billboard today plugin and in the the main UI when getting quotes.
    Added: Native Billboard Plugin Support

1.0 BETA -- initial beta release
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by scottymomo; 03/02/2008 at 04:13 PM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Sounds cool scotty! How about a ticker mode where all of your stock quotes scroll by.
    Probably not a good idea to make it run endlessly tho.
  3.    #3  
    Could do it scrolling...having the quotes cycle every 2-5 seconds or so works pretty well right now too...will have to check out reverged's scrolling stuff to see how it works...

What's the preferred Carrier Control script? Aren't there two out selections out there?

What "standard" will you adhere to and which one should Xcast be tweaked to comply with?

-- JDC
    I say we need a solution for both the carrier line sharing and for zbop's today plugin. I'm not sure we have a working solution for the carrier line yet do we? I know Cody is working on something and at least one other person. I think someone has to step up and take ownership or team up.

It really is up to the author to decide whether their app is complex enough to need its own plugin. New scripts could start out using the carrier line and migrate to a plugin later if necessary.
  6.    #6  
    Screenshots added to wet the appetite

hmm Pocket Sports Center/Stock Ticker combo maybe.That way it all fits in one pocket hehe
  8.    #8  
    ANCHORS AWEIGH! 1.0 Beta now available in the first post.

9.    #9  
    1.1 Final should be available soon, just waiting on some icons from sling
    Last edited by scottymomo; 07/31/2007 at 06:02 PM.

10.    #10  
    Posted 1.1 beta in the meantime...

1.1 BETA

Fixed: AutoUpdate Start and End Times setup option now defaults the selection to your current selection

Fixed: Listing of stocks after deleting a stock shows the accurate list

Added: Time of the quote is displayed using the billboard today plugin and in the the main UI when getting quotes.

Added: Native Billboard Plugin Support including colored quotes (if you want)

does this only work with the carrier plugin line?
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  12.    #12  
    no, it also works with the billboard today plugin...the cab install release will have a dedicated plugin, coming soon

13.    #13  
    1.2 available as an installable CAB

1.2 - 16-Aug-2007

Added: CAB Installation Availability
    Added: Dedicated Today Plugin
    Added: Set Colors for Quotes (up, down, and even)
    Added: View Extended Quote using the today plugin
    Fixed: AutoUpdate pauses while on a phone call

14.    #14  
    1.4 - 23-AUG-2007

Added: Option to enable today plugin during fresh installation or if you choose not to upgrade old data

Added: Ability to pause/unpause autoupdates on the today screen so the quotes cycle through but updates are not retrieved

Fixed: Ensure links to start autoupdates, removing notifications etc work properly

Fixed: Initial preferences have the start and end times from midnight to 11PM

I seem to have problems with the 1.4 CAB Freezing on the install.
    It appears that it fails on any attempt to un-install the old version.
    Even a manual uninstall fails... any thoughts...?

BTW: this is an Excellent App. I've really found it useful, and 1.3 gave me no issues.
  16.    #16  
    hmm. what device do you have? did you choose to enable the today plugin during install? will look into it tomorrow as I found another prob with it..I have a feeling it is freezing when it redraws the today screen

I manually deleted all the files, and re-installed, but 1.4 does seem to hang on the redrawing of the Today screen.

The only issues I had with 1.3 were connection error messages when docked.
    So I just set the time to update to stop at a time when I usually get home, to reduce seeing that error.

Other than that, it's a GREAT App!
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Houdini7 View Post
    I manually deleted all the files, and re-installed, but 1.4 does seem to hang on the redrawing of the Today screen.

The only issues I had with 1.3 were connection error messages when docked.
    So I just set the time to update to stop at a time when I usually get home, to reduce seeing that error.

Other than that, it's a GREAT App!
    Thanks, that helps a lot. It doesn't freeze on the 750 with WM6 during install/uninstall so may be device specific (I think I remember reading something about folks who have had similar issues generally refreshing the today screen)...

I've attached 1.4.1 to this post. Try this one out and see if it's any better...

As for the connection issue when docked, it sounds like you don't have activesync configured to allow the device to use its data connection while docked. If this is enabled the connection error shouldn't occur.

EDIT -- I've reposted 1.4.1 using a different method for the today screen refresh that should work based on some advice from codyppc. Also, the previously posted version used some old code for the pereferences, so if you downloaded the first one (there were 5 views) and you install this one, make sure you do not upgrade your stocks and preferences

EDIT 2 -- 1.4.1. Final posted in the first post.
    Last edited by scottymomo; 08/24/2007 at 06:38 PM.

I hard-reset my device, and wiped everything clean.
    fresh install and all is good thus far.

I'll let you know more if I get those can not connect error messages.

Thanks!
  20.    #20  
    in the 1st post:

1.4.2 -- 27-AUG-2007

-- Added: Ability to launch main app from the today plugin

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast