Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Weird.. I'll have to try the internet connection code I put into pocket sportscenter and see if it makes any difference potentially...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Howdy,
    I've loaded MortScript, launched "" enter the standard stock quote "" and get the following error:-
    'http://finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.rss?s=^DJI&f=sl1c1ohgvp2wt1' couldn't be opened
    Line 96 (\Program Files\PocketStockCenter.msct):
    QuoteContent=ReadFile("http://finance.yahoo.com/d/quote.rss?s="&StockSymbols[myChoice]&"&f=sl1c1ohgvp2wt1")

Any ideas why?
    Hi, Im using HTC Touch Dual...
    its really a great tool!! However, I found it would be stopped after a few nos. of cycle....dont know why? please help!! Thanks!

Also, Could it add more today plugins for different stocks display?? thanks!!

p.s. : what I found the last msg in log file is …."Update Needed, setting line to show Updating…..", then no more cycling...
    Last edited by dwhk; 07/31/2008 at 04:45 AM.
    hi scottymomo,

thanks for a greeat app, this is exactly what i'vee been looking for.

do you have a list of stocks/shares trackable through this or is it thw whole market?

i cannot seem to get it to track one of my funds: GB0006685613GBP - initially it showed an error window, but the second time it let me input all the details, then it simply comes up with 0 being the value (yahoo confirms value to be 424.60 today).

might it be possible to activte this fund so i can track it?

the yahoo page to link to is: uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=GB0006685613GBP

but while this happily gives me a value and a climb/fall precentage, it shows "invalid ticker" instead of the usual trend chart. maybe this is the reason for the non-compliance with your software? could there be a workaround?

also, sometimes wen i delete a stock from the list it doesn't actually disappear.

kind regards, dr_nick
    Last edited by dr_nick; 10/10/2008 at 05:06 AM. Reason: added details
  5.    #105  
    will take a look
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    will take a look
    any news for me?

sorry to pester you, but i imagine it is not a complex programming issue...

7.    #107  
    Yes and no.. it only comes up valid from uk.finance.yahoo.com and not finance.yahoo.com, so I need to add an option to choose where it pulls the quotes from...in the short term I've attached a UK version of the main files that point to uk.finance.yahoo.com. You can replace the existing ones in the pocket stock center directory. Let me know how you get on...
    Attached Files Attached Files

somehow I've managed to lose the display for the time in pocket stockcenter. Not sure if it was the result of my changing any reference to writereg in the "carriername" key. Did that so it would display in pocketplus and not across the top in s2u2 and manilla2d. what mortscript should I look for for the displaying the time of the stock quotes? thanks!!
    Yes and no.. it only comes up valid from uk.finance.yahoo.com and not finance.yahoo.com, so I need to add an option to choose where it pulls the quotes from...in the short term I've attached a UK version of the main files that point to uk.finance.yahoo.com. You can replace the existing ones in the pocket stock center directory. Let me know how you get on...
    many thanks for these -
    now that I have my phone back in a country where data doesn't cost an arm installed and a leg, I have them installed and working fine

however, my today plungin is not working. seems locked on "pocket stockcmenter deactivated" despite my efforts to activate. have even removed today plugin and installed and various soft resets to no avail.

kind regards

dr_nick
  10.    #110  
    Attached is the revised today plugin based on zbop's Billboard plugin that supports 320x320 (among others). Unzip the zip and transfer the Pocket StockCenter.dll file to your Windows directory on your device, overwriting the current plugin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Great APP!

PS: please can you answer to my PM?
    Scott,

To use the latest version with the 800w, whats the best way to make it work? Run the latest cab file, then use the new DLL?

Thanks,
    Rich
  13.    #113  
    I haven't made any recent changes to the app itself so just replacing the dll should be sufficient
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by faruba11 View Post
    Great APP!

PS: please can you answer to my PM?
    I don't have a pm from you
    I don't have a pm from you
    I saw.... I can't send you any PM because I haven't enough messages on the forum...
    So please can you answer me at the following question?

I need a little help with MORTSCRIPT:

If I want to login to an internet page, how can I do?

Is there any chance to send 2 vars to an internet site through Mortscript? Maybe without make any internet explorer windows appear...

Thanks in advance for your answer.
    Cheers.
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by faruba11 View Post
    I saw.... I can't send you any PM because I haven't enough messages on the forum...
    So please can you answer me at the following question?

I need a little help with MORTSCRIPT:

If I want to login to an internet page, how can I do?

Is there any chance to send 2 vars to an internet site through Mortscript? Maybe without make any internet explorer windows appear...

Thanks in advance for your answer.
    Cheers.
    You can use a command similar to:

#define your two variables
    variable1 = X
    variable2 = Y

Run("\Windows\iexplore.exe", "http://yoursite.com?param1="&variable1&"&param2="&variable2)

First of all: thanks for your fast answer....

Second: I thought about this solution, but I can't use a link as the upper one...
    I should just open an url and this url will check automatically 2 vars.... username and psw....

Any chance to do it?
    GREAT APP.. I've been looking for this kind of thing all week!!!

One question: I get one stock to come up on the today screen (VM, which I own shares) but if I try to put in another stock that I do not own.. it doesn't come up on the today screen even if I activate stocks auto-update??

This is a treo 700wx..

update: I must have messed something up... uninstalled/installed.. works..

but when I change anything it doesn't seem to take effect... deleted PALM... PALM is still there... changed refresh to 5 seconds.. still at 3 seconds??

lol,, nevermind.. not sure what I did. but it works now... This looks like a very nice program, thank you for taking the time to write it
    Last edited by riogrande; 11/24/2008 at 07:44 PM.
  19.    #119  
    my pleasure! as to the issues you described, it's probably because you were adding while the today plugin was active and updating..it won't pick up changes on the fly, only when you stop autoupdate and restart.
    Firstly, fab program.

Now for the questions...
    Anyway of changing currency? currently set at $ need to able to change to atleast
    perhaps time zone too?

(also a note. take an overall net gain of $1042.13 for example. this should be cents/pence rather than dollars/pounds. 1042.13 c/p) I may be wrong...

Also, on the today screen... Can it be set to only show the extended portfolio info(s) and none of the net gain, pct gain, etc...
    e.g.
    FDSA.l 498.00 +8.00 +1.63% 3.00am EST
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast