Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by phobang View Post
    hey momo, love your work, but for some reason the 1.7 cab is not installing on my HTC Mogul. I have it saved on both main and storage card, and try installing from both, but it says installation was unsuccessful. Do i need to install mortscript or something?
    Just respun it again to fix an installation issue I fixed in sportscenter but not over here... try out the new version in the first post...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    hey momo tried respin 3 still not werking dunno if I have mortscript installed but I have htc home and customizer active.. thanks for all ur work momo, hard for us broke ppl to show how the rest of us appreciate ur werk but we do
  3.    #83  
    Mortscript is included so that's definitely not it...it just says Installation is unsuccessful when you try and install? Have you tried soft-resetting then installing? Are you trying to install to main memory or storage card.

i jus open the file with file explorer and it says installation unsuccessful, it doesnt give me the option to see where i would like to have it installed, have it copied on my main storage, will try a soft reset, but tried that already too. so i dunno...
  5.    #85  
    i jus open the file with file explorer and it says installation unsuccessful, it doesnt give me the option to see where i would like to have it installed, have it copied on my main storage, will try a soft reset, but tried that already too. so i dunno...
    sounds like a bad download, I would try downloading again

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    1.7 (respin 3) Available 02-Mar-2008

What is Pocket StockCenter?

Pocket StockCenter is an app that allows you to track your favorite stocks directly on your Treo or any Windows Mobile device (in theory!) It also supports automatic update/refresh and display of your favorite stock quotes on the carrier line on your today screen or in a separate today plugin (thanks zbop!)

=========================================
    FEATURES

-- Add/Remove Stocks to your "Portfolio", as many as you want

-- Track shares owned and purchase price!

-- Portfolio Overview. Displays a summary of your holdings, day and net $ gain and percentage gains

-- View Extended Stock Quotes for those in your portfolio (Symbol, Current Price, Change, % Change, Opening Price, Daily High, Daily Low, Volume, 52 Week Range). For those stocks where you have entered shares and price, you will also see holdings value, change in day value, and overall gain

-- Charts! View intraday, 5 day, 3 month, 6 month, 1 year, 2 year, 5 year and max for each stock

-- Enable/Disable Carrier Line Stock Quotes (Symbol, Current Price, Change)

-- Enable/Disable dedicated Today Plugin for Quotes (Symbol, Current Price, Change, % Change, Time)
    -- Set Colors for quotes (up, down, or even)
    -- Enable/Disable Colored Quotes
    -- Set plugin font size
    -- Get Extended Quotes from the today screen via tap
    -- Charts! as described above
    -- Set Day Gain/Loss thresholds. Audible alert when threshold exceeded
    -- Pause Autoupdates so the quotes cycle through but updates are not retrieved
    -- Launch Main App from the today plugin

Both the Carrier Line and Today Plugin support adjustable delay and refresh/update periods. This will display each quote for a set period of time (2-5 seconds for example), then move on to the next quote in a cycle, and update the quotes based on the update interval you specify (1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, or 2 hours

-- Set AutoUpdate Start/End Times

LIMITATIONS

May not play nicely with other apps that update the carrier line, so I would recommend using the dedicated today plugin (plus it has added functionality)

Enjoy!

1.7 (respin 2) -- 27-FEB-2008

Fixed: When adjusting shares owned or purchase price, Portfolio Overview was being added as a stock you owned causing a duplicate entry in the main menu.

1.7 (respin 3) -- 03-MAR-2008
    Fixed: Installation issue
    Changed: Updated to latest Mortscript 4.11b6

1.7 (respin) -- 23-FEB-2008

Fixed: Setting quote cycle speed didn't show previously set value, defaulted always to 3. Now shows whatever you set previously.

1.7 -- 22-FEB-2008

-- Added: Portfolio Overview to main app and option to display the info on the today screen along with the quotes. In the main app, displays a summary of each stock and then today's net gain/loss, today's net percentage gain/loss, overall gain/loss and overall percentage gain/loss based on stocks for which you have entered share and purchase price information. In the today plugin if enabled, today's net and percentage net, overall and overall percentage will display.

-- Added: Alert Thresholds. Set Gain/Loss % thresholds, and alert tone to use if threshold is exceeded (.wav file). Enable/Disable these alerts can be set in the main app or from the today plugin tap menu but you need to use the main app to set the thresholds and set the alert tone (default is Default.wav in the \Windows directory)

-- Added: Enable/Disable Debugging (produces log file of activity)

-- Changed: Plugin font size set to 7 by default (used to be 8)

-- Changed: Updated to Mortscript 4.11b5

1.6.1 -- 14-JAN-2008 (Respin)

Added: Set Today Plugin font size from the Setup Options Menu

Fixed: Internet Connection issue for most devices (where it claims no internet connection when there is one).

Changed: Updated to Mortscript 4.1 Final

1.6 -- 01-Oct-2007

Added: Track shares owned and price paid! You can now track number of shares owned and price paid per stock and get details based on this info when looking at your quotes, including holdings value, change in value for the day, and overall gain.

1.5 -- 18-Sep-2007

Added: Charts! in the main app and today plugin

Added: After 4PM eastern, updates will automatically pause and stocks will continue to rotate through without going back to the internet to retrieve updates (since the market is closed)

Fixed: Today plugin now installs to the Windows directory so you should be able to run the app properly if installed on the storage card vs. main memory

Fixed: Uninstall wasn't properly deleting everything it was supposed to delete.

1.4.3 -- 27-AUG-2007

Fixed: error setting notification when the autoupdate start time was later than the current time

1.4.2 -- 27-AUG-2007

-- Added: Ability to launch main app from the today plugin

1.4.1 -- 24-AUG-2007

1.4.1 Changes

-- Fixed: Installation/Uninstall issue on some WM6 devices

1.4 - 23-AUG-2007

Added: Option to enable today plugin during fresh installation or if you choose not to upgrade old data

Added: Ability to pause/unpause autoupdates on the today screen so the quotes cycle through but updates are not retrieved

Fixed: Ensure links to start autoupdates, removing notifications etc work properly

Fixed: Initial preferences have the start and end times from midnight to 11PM

1.3 - 21-AUG-2007

-- Added: Dow Jones and Nasdaq Composite added to initial stocks

-- Added: Installing new version will allow you to maintain your stocks and preferences if you choose to, instead of reconfiguring everything each time a new version is posted.

-- Added: Check for internet connection each time quotes are grabbed to hopefully avoid an error when the data connection is unavailable. If the connection is unavailable, the program will exit/stop autoupdates.

-- Added: Prevent user from setting the autoupdate start time after the end time or vice versa (end time before the start time)

1.2 - 16-Aug-2007

Added: CAB Installation Availability
    Added: Dedicated Today Plugin
    Added: Set Colors for Quotes (up, down, and even)
    Added: View Extended Quote using the today plugin
    Fixed: AutoUpdate pauses while on a phone call

1.1 BETA

Fixed: AutoUpdate Start and End Times setup option now defaults the selection to your current selection
    Fixed: Listing of stocks after deleting a stock shows the accurate list
    Added: Time of the quote is displayed using the billboard today plugin and in the the main UI when getting quotes.
    Added: Native Billboard Plugin Support

1.0 BETA -- initial beta release
    When I tried to download it, my corporate servers immediately killed it when they scanned and found it had a virus contained in it. May be the mortscript that's causing a false positive, but figured I'd let you know.
  7.    #87  
    probably the mortscript.exe within the cab file causing the false positive but that's the first report I've had/seen for any of these...wonder if trying to d/l Pocket SportsCenter results in the same? just d/l direct from your treo and you should be set..

Scotty,

First off awesome program I absolutely love it. As a financial advisor it definately comes in handy when I am not in the office. The only problem I have with it is that it does not seem to update automatically. I am using the HTC Touch, the only way I can get it to update is either doing a soft reset, or pausing then unpausing and then Activating Autoupdate. I am pretty sure everything is set up right but it just won't update on its own. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    hey momo, love your work, but for some reason the 1.7 cab is not installing on my HTC Mogul. I have it saved on both main and storage card, and try installing from both, but it says installation was unsuccessful. Do i need to install mortscript or something?
    Looks like I am in the same boat as phobang. I downloaded to my 6800, tapped the cab to install, it went to the next screen with the status bar (just for a flash), then when it would normally prompt for the option to install on main memory or storage card it just says the install failed. Any ideas? I'd really like to use this app.
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by cuse94 View Post
    Looks like I am in the same boat as phobang. I downloaded to my 6800, tapped the cab to install, it went to the next screen with the status bar (just for a flash), then when it would normally prompt for the option to install on main memory or storage card it just says the install failed. Any ideas? I'd really like to use this app.
    Did you download direct to your device from TC? Perhaps you got an incomplete download? The file size should be about 273k

Did you download direct to your device from TC? Perhaps you got an incomplete download? The file size should be about 273k
    Looks like that is the issue... I did d/l to device and the file size was 110K. Deleted and tried again, this time 86.5K. I will give it a try tonight on my desktop and report back. Thanks, Scotty!
    I downloaded to my desktop, transferred to my Mogul and all is working now. Thanks, again. I can't believe I've had my device since Oct and it took me this long to find this great app.
    Me again. I've added some stocks, I've added the Today plugin, but it is just stuck on Stocks AutoUpdate Activated. I uninstalled, soft-reset, reinstalled. Still stuck on Stocks AutoUpdate Activated. I enabled the log, so that should help troubleshoot. Scotty, let me know what you need from me, if you have the time to help me out with this. Thanks!
  14.    #94  
    stuck for how long? What kind of connection do you have. It takes a minue or 2 to get all the quotes/process the info etc..perhaps you hadn't waited long enough for the quotes to appear?

I installed it Tuesday evening. It stayed on the Stocks AutoUpdate Activated message all night, so then yesterday morning I uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted again and got the Welcome to Pocket StockCenter in the plug in spot. I reconfigured with my stocks and preferences (selected the use previous option) and still had the Welcome line. So I selected Stocks AutoUpdate Activated and that message stayed on until yesterday afternoon (3pm-ish) and the device was warm and the battery was draining faster than usual, so I uninstalled again until there is something new to try.

I'd really like for this work, this is actually one of the first functions I had thought of when I got the Mogul - some kind of ticker/tracker such as this. Thank you for taking a few minutes to consider the issue.

Jon
    oh, and my connection is EVDO Rev. A thru Sprint.
    Last edited by cuse94; 04/24/2008 at 09:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by btlarkin View Post
    Hi,

Great idea for a program. I have a HTC (Sprint) Touch and installed your latest version 1.6.1. Program setup options all work for me, but the Today plugin just stays at "Stocks AutoUpdate Activated". It never displays stock prices. The quotes themselves seem to be working in the background because launch the application and then view individual stock quotes and charts.

Can you take a look at the Today plugin refresh code?

Thanks
    Hi, I am on a LG KS20 with WM6 and currently face the same problem

- Today Plug-in is stuck on "Stocks Autoupdate Activated"
    - Does not change even if change to Deactivate or pause (hence have no idea if they do work or not)

- Stocks still load in main program (Pocket Stock Centre) and are up-to-date
    - Everything else works pretty nicely, no hitches cept sometimes the main programme doesnt load on first open.

Let me know if you require any information from me to be of assistance.
    - Have scanned through the thread.
    - Have did a couple of soft-resets
    - Have checked and ensured that installation file size is 272kb

Edit:

Have downloaded Sports Centre as well. Its working perfectly and right out of the box.
    Hope this bit of information help!

Edit 2:
    On Sport Centre, you mixed up MLS and ATP on enabling/disabling.
    Last edited by weesheng; 05/04/2008 at 06:24 AM.
    Good afternoon. I have installed the Stockcenter and it is not doing what it should. I have a WM6 x50v and have the today plugin enabled but it only shows a small sliver of info that says "Stocks autoupdate Activated".

I am sitting behind a corporate proxy so I go digging for proxy settings for mortscript and find out how to do it, so I add SetProxy("proxyort") to the PocketStocksCenter.mscr file and it actually displays data, so I added it to the cstocks file but it still never makes a connection and brings back data. Does anyone know what I need to do to get this to work?

Thanks in advance, I would love to be able to use this and sportscenter as well.

Thanks again,
    Larry
    Is there any chance this excelent software be used in WM6.1 Smartphone because tried to install in my excalibur not sucessfull.
    Im in the same boat. It doesnt auto update on my 700wx.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast