Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Ok.. I forgot to mention that the script has to be triggered by a 3rd party app called magicall. Check it out and see what you think.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...99#post1398299

Back to stock center.. I slept last night and thought about my previous post and feel it wouldn't be neccesary to do it the way i described but maybe just by comparing the % up or down to the threshold the user set? But anyways.. not trying to say how to write it because I couldn't do it : ) I just like thinking how the scripts work.
    Hi,

Great idea for a program. I have a HTC (Sprint) Touch and installed your latest version 1.6.1. Program setup options all work for me, but the Today plugin just stays at "Stocks AutoUpdate Activated". It never displays stock prices. The quotes themselves seem to be working in the background because launch the application and then view individual stock quotes and charts.

Can you take a look at the Today plugin refresh code?

Thanks
    Last edited by btlarkin; 01/25/2008 at 04:47 AM. Reason: grammar
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by btlarkin View Post
    Hi,

Great idea for a program. I have a HTC (Sprint) Touch and installed your latest version 1.6.1. Program setup options all work for me, but the Today plugin just stays at "Stocks AutoUpdate Activated". It never displays stock prices. The quotes themselves seem to be working in the background because launch the application and then view individual stock quotes and charts.

Can you take a look at the Today plugin refresh code?

Thanks
    Hmm... let's see..

Is the app stored in main memory or on a storage card?
    Can you list for me what's in the PocketStockCenter.ini file in the Program Files\Pocket StockCenter directory..

Any other touch users having a problem with the today plugin?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Scott,

I am having a similar problem with the quotes not refreshing & getting stuck at the "Stocks AutoUpdate Activated" screen. If I click on it & try another autoupdate, it typically works though.

Right now (10pm eastern), it isnt displaying anything & just says "updating" (which I dont think it is).

Thanks,
    Rich (love this app)
    btt
  6.    #66  
    Rich, I will add a debug log in the next release (hopefully today) so we might be able to see what's going on)...or magically this release will fix whatever the problem is, who knows!

Anyhoo,

I've added a Portfolio Overview (among a few other things) which summarizes overall net gain and net pct gain and also is going to show daily gain and daily pct gain..my assumption is that for these, I will only calculate the gain/loss where you've entered shares that you owned, rather than just every stock you have..sound right?

Oh yeah, gain/loss alert thresholds with a tone has been added too

7.    #67  
    1.7 -- 22-FEB-2008

-- Added: Portfolio Overview to main app and option to display the info on the today screen along with the quotes. In the main app, displays a summary of each stock and then today's net gain/loss, today's net percentage gain/loss, overall gain/loss and overall percentage gain/loss based on stocks for which you have entered share and purchase price information. In the today plugin if enabled, today's net and percentage net, overall and overall percentage will display.

-- Added: Alert Thresholds. Set Gain/Loss % thresholds, and alert tone to use if threshold is exceeded (.wav file). Enable/Disable these alerts can be set in the main app or from the today plugin tap menu but you need to use the main app to set the thresholds and set the alert tone (default is Default.wav in the \Windows directory)

-- Added: Enable/Disable Debugging (produces log file of activity)

-- Changed: Plugin font size set to 7 by default (used to be 8)

-- Changed: Updated to Mortscript 4.11b5

8.    #68  
    Respun 1.7 to fix an issue with the Quote Cycle Speed option where it wasn't picking up your previous setting when accessing the option.

Hello,
    Thanks for such a great soft. I am using a WM5 device(HTC). I add three stocks in Pocket StockCenter. After I soft rest my device, on today screen the soft will stop refresh and stay on the same stock value. Please check this problem for me.
    Thanks
  10.    #70  
    have you enabled autoupdates and set auto update start and end times? If not it would show whatever stock was on the today screen when you soft reset.

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    have you enabled autoupdates and set auto update start and end times? If not it would show whatever stock was on the today screen when you soft reset.
    So, Does it mean that after I soft rest my device, the soft need to reupdate the stock information again?

I don't want to update my stock information via GPRS, because it is really expensive... . I always update stock information by activesync. Is there any way to keep the stock information after soft rest my device?
    Thanks
    Last edited by galfn; 02/25/2008 at 07:37 AM.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by galfn View Post
    So, Does it mean that after I soft rest my device, the soft need to reupdate the stock information again?
    Currently, yes, that's correct. The stock prices you see displayed on the today screen are stored in an array within the script while the script is running but not stored locally. When you soft reset, the script terminates so you lose that info (except whatever stock was last written to the today plugin). You don't have to re-enter your stocks or shares, but getting the last or latest quote requires retrieving the update from the net.

Quote Originally Posted by galfn View Post
    I don't want to update my stock information via GPRS, because it is really expensive... . I always update stock information by activesync. Is there any way to keep the stock information after soft rest my device?
    Thanks
    Not currently no (for the latest price at least), see above.

I could look to store the info locally but this would require some work to accomplish..I'll look into it.

13.    #73  
    1.7 (respin 2) -- 27-FEB-2008

Fixed: When adjusting shares owned or purchase price, Portfolio Overview was being added as a stock you owned causing a duplicate entry in the main menu.

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    for some reason, my stocks never update. I can't figure it out.
    Treo 600-->Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Diamond --> HTC Touch Pro 2 --> HTC EVO
  15.    #75  
    are you connected via activesync? do the stocks update in the main app?

can you turn on logging and post the log (it's located in the pocket stockcenter folder and will be called cstocks_log.txt

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    are you connected via activesync? do the stocks update in the main app?

can you turn on logging and post the log (it's located in the pocket stockcenter folder and will be called cstocks_log.txt

Is there a desktop version? I only have the .cab file from this post. Is there another web site that I should be going to. I am trying to make it update via my Sprint data connection
    Treo 600-->Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Diamond --> HTC Touch Pro 2 --> HTC EVO
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabulas View Post
    Is there a desktop version? I only have the .cab file from this post. Is there another web site that I should be going to. I am trying to make it update via my Sprint data connection
    Enable logging (Setup Options -> Enable/Disable Debug Logs), then start Auto Update and we can see what's going on... since the market is closed it will only retrieve the quotes once and then cycle through them (no sense getting continued updates after 4PM eastern since the market is closed)...

As for desktop version, I will post what you need to run it on the desktop (at least the main app part)..

18.    #78  
    Attached is what you need to run this on the desktop.

Note: When some of the info is displayed in the message window, if there is a scroll bar sometimes the data gets unreadable when you scroll, not sure why.

To run:

Extract the zip to a new folder on your hard drive.
    Double click the Mortscript.exe file. This will register the .mscr file extension with the mortscript executable.

Double click PocketStockCenter.mscr and away you go
    Attached Files Attached Files

Not currently no (for the latest price at least), see above.

I could look to store the info locally but this would require some work to accomplish..I'll look into it.
    I hope I can see the new version of pocketstock center that can store the info locally in the future.

Many thanks
    hey momo, love your work, but for some reason the 1.7 cab is not installing on my HTC Mogul. I have it saved on both main and storage card, and try installing from both, but it says installation was unsuccessful. Do i need to install mortscript or something?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast