Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    you can donate to mort here http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...ew&action=view (should be a link on the left hand side)..just mention in your donation the app and/or TC...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  2.    #42  
    1.6 -- 01-Oct-2007

Added: Track shares owned and price paid! You can now track number of shares owned and price paid per stock and get details based on this info when looking at your quotes, including holdings value, change in value for the day, and overall gain.

how do you delete a stock from the stock list?
    Larry
  4.    #44  
    select it from the main menu, click ok, then on the next page choose delete

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    you can donate to mort here http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...ew&action=view (should be a link on the left hand side)..just mention in your donation the app and/or TC...
    Donation Made!
    Nice program. Is there a way to force the font size to match what I've chosen in the system settings. I have my font adjusted 1 size smaller.
  7.    #47  
    I added code for that in Pocket Sports Center to allow you to choose your font size but haven't done so yet for stock center, in the interim you can do the following if you have a registry editor.

Create a DWORD entry "fontsize" (without the quotes) and a value of say 7 or 6 in: HKLM (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE)\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Pocket StockCenter\Item1

The default font size is 8 for comparison.

That should do it

Awesome thanks!
    I've been looking for a today page stock app for sometime now.

Problem is that I'm having some problems getting it working using my PPC phone and the home wireless connection. IE, E-mail, Skype seems to work ok on it so I presume that the connection is fine. However I keep receiving an "Internet connection could not be established. Please try again later" error message.

What am I doing wrong?

Does the app work with wifi connections? or is what I read on the previous page (but do not understand) about a "carrier line" have something to do with this?
    Last edited by murdocha; 01/13/2008 at 03:05 PM.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by murdocha View Post
    I've been looking for a today page stock app for sometime now.

Problem is that I'm having some problems getting it working using my PPC phone and the home wireless connection. IE, E-mail, Skype seems to work ok on it so I presume that the connection is fine. However I keep receiving an "Internet connection could not be established. Please try again later" error message.

What am I doing wrong?

Does the app work with wifi connections? or is what I read on the previous page (but do not understand) about a "carrier line" have something to do with this?
    Try the latest version (1.6.1) I just posted and see if that helps.

1.61 -- 13-Jan-2008

Added: Set today plugin font size via the Setup Options menu in the app
    Fixed: Internet connection routine

Not sure if it helps the Internet connectivity issue at present.

1.6.1 will not let me add a stock.

Where as before I received an error msg about the connection, now when I click on add stock I get taken to the today screen and then straight back to the options screen.

Not sure if its a prob with the App or my device.

Thanks for the previous reply.
  12.    #52  
    yeah. looks I screwed something up, will fix and repost today

13.    #53  
    Respun 1.6.1 so Adding stocks etc works again.

Hi Scott

Some of the features on the options screen work. For example I can add the number of shares I own in NASDAQ COMPOSITE etc. However I still have the same problem as before, i.e. I can't add new stocks.

In order to install the latest version I have:
    - Removed prev version
    - Rebooted
    - Installed new version
    - Rebooted
  15.    #55  
    I think I reposted before saving the updated cab. Will repost again in a couple hours, sorry bout that!

Hello.

The pocket stock center appears to work very well. I like how it rotates on the today screen keeping me up to date. I was wondering, is it possible to add some sort option of alarm notification (vibrate or play wav file) if a stock(s) i'm monitoring drops a certain percent or below a set value?

Thanks
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by murdocha View Post
    Hi Scott

Some of the features on the options screen work. For example I can add the number of shares I own in NASDAQ COMPOSITE etc. However I still have the same problem as before, i.e. I can't add new stocks.

In order to install the latest version I have:
    - Removed prev version
    - Rebooted
    - Installed new version
    - Rebooted
    Re-reposted...try it now.

18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by andason View Post
    Hello.

The pocket stock center appears to work very well. I like how it rotates on the today screen keeping me up to date. I was wondering, is it possible to add some sort option of alarm notification (vibrate or play wav file) if a stock(s) i'm monitoring drops a certain percent or below a set value?

Thanks
    Certainly possible, just have to find time to implement it...you think better as a global setting for all stocks or be able to set for each one (I am guessing the latter but naturally more work)

A global % +/- on anyone stock would be great... maybe upon startup it gets the opening price for each of your stocks and writes to registry or xml?. then with a gain or loss of x% on any one stock it vibrates the phone. you might want to have a sleeper there to keep it from vibrating everytime it displays that stock which is below your given threshold.

i have a script i made that emails me the phone # and name of any missed calls to a designated email address. you could use similar to send an email notification of stock change +/- x% as well.

but a vibrate would be kewl : )

thanks for the kewl script
    Hey andason, can you post up that script in another thread? I'd like a chance to play around with it.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast