Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on the following issue we are experiencing.

SETUP

Treo 700p (Telus) running VersaMail 3.5.2. Latest Exchange ActiveSync update applied. Exchange ActiveSync email account configured to use port 80 (i.e. no SSL).

Company firewall/proxy computer running ISA Server 2000 on Windows Server 2000. Web publishing rules created to allow access to OMA/OWA destination sets (/Exchange, /exchange-oma, /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync, /Public). Again, no SSL.

Company back-end mail server running Exchange 2003 and IIS 6.0 on SBS 2003. Exchange directories configured in IIS (Default Website) for basic and integrated authentication only. No SSL requirements. Mobile Services configured for user initiated synchronization, Direct Push, OMA, and unsupported devices.

PROBLEM

Pressing the "Sync" button in VersaMail initiates a syncing operation, which appears to download new items, but yields the following error just before completion:

There was a problem syncing messages.

AirSAMStateMachine.c 812
    4HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error (The system cannot find the file specified.)
    Connection: close
    Pragma: no-cache

After closing the error popup, the syncing process appears to have completed fine, with new email messages having arrived in the mailbox.

In addition to the above error, the "as items arrive" option is missing in Auto Sync preferences in VersaMail.

DIAGNOSIS

The closest thing I've been able to find so far is this:

http://blogs.technet.com/vik/archive...fp-device.aspx

But the conditions described in the article don't apply in our case, as our IIS logs contain "Log=V4" in all the request strings.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

--
    dima
    Last edited by dima; 04/27/2007 at 11:42 AM.
    Anyone at all?