1.    #1  
    Streaming Video: No streaming video from news, youtube etc. Is there a flash player or browser that will enable the Treo to do this?

Audio: Sometimes when I have the headset plugged in (correctly), sound comes out of the phone speaker not through the earphones. It requires a reset to correct this problem each time. Is this normal?

Movie and TV show licensing: I have downloaded TV programs and Movies using Media Player and it seems none of them have a license that will allow syncing (with the Treo). However, music is OK using Napster. Note: My Ipod/Itunes combo have no such problem. Is there a good 'non Itunes' source for video?

TV for the Smartphone or Pocket PC: I downloaded and installed HandiTV which seems to be very ‘unhandy.’ It has Audio most of time but video only about 10% of the time. When video does play, it’s jerky and intermittent and not worth watching. Are there any TV programs out there that work?

Skype: I’ve yet to get Skype working to where the person on the other end can hear me. I can hear them just fine. Anyone having good luck with Skype on their Treo?

Bluetooth: I use Bluetooth for Active Sync and an Internet Connection on my PC. However, I cannot sync with Media Player via Bluetooth. I have to use the cable (which is not always handy) for that. Is there a reason for this?

Camera: Sometimes when I take aim and shoot nothing happens. I keep pushing the button then all of the sudden it takes a picture. Other times it works fine. Is this normal?

Emial: I have paid POP3 accounts with Yahoo and Comcast and have been using them for years with Outlook Express on my PC. However, on the Treo, I can only receive but cannot send. I've checked the settings over and over. Is there a trick to getting the Treo to send mail using the Windows Mobile 5.0 client?

Sorry to unload but I’m new to Smartphone’s, PDA’s and Pocket PC’s. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Wateride
    First of all, this is a 700w/wx forum, not a 750. I'm not sure if you made a type and put 750 instead or just placed in the wrong section.

Quote Originally Posted by wateride View Post
    Streaming Video: No streaming video from news, youtube etc. Is there a flash player or browser that will enable the Treo to do this?
    Nope. The problem is that most videos are made using Flash player 8. PPC version There are some sources sites that will let you convert them to be viewable on the Treo. You can also use Orb, which uses your PC to stream to your Treo.

Audio: Sometimes when I have the headset plugged in (correctly), sound comes out of the phone speaker not through the earphones. It requires a reset to correct this problem each time. Is this normal?
    Maybe a bad headset jack?

Movie and TV show licensing: I have downloaded TV programs and Movies using Media Player and it seems none of them have a license that will allow syncing (with the Treo). However, music is OK using Napster. Note: My Ipod/Itunes combo have no such problem. Is there a good 'non Itunes' source for video?
    Don't know.

TV for the Smartphone or Pocket PC: I downloaded and installed HandiTV which seems to be very ‘unhandy.’ It has Audio most of time but video only about 10% of the time. When video does play, it’s jerky and intermittent and not worth watching. Are there any TV programs out there that work?
    It could be the bitrate. Also, have you checked out Slingbox? I've seen a youtube video of it playing on a Treo and it looks great!

Skype: I’ve yet to get Skype working to where the person on the other end can hear me. I can hear them just fine. Anyone having good luck with Skype on their Treo?
    Are you mobile or stationary? Are you outdoors or indoors? How is the signal strength in the area?

Bluetooth: I use Bluetooth for Active Sync and an Internet Connection on my PC. However, I cannot sync with Media Player via Bluetooth. I have to use the cable (which is not always handy) for that. Is there a reason for this?
    I never knew you can sync with Media player.
    Camera: Sometimes when I take aim and shoot nothing happens. I keep pushing the button then all of the sudden it takes a picture. Other times it works fine. Is this normal?
    I don't use the camer much, but when I do, I have never experienced this. Are there any apps running in the background? Have you tried performing a soft reset before using the camera?

Email: I have paid POP3 accounts with Yahoo and Comcast and have been using them for years with Outlook Express on my PC. However, on the Treo, I can only receive but cannot send. I've checked the settings over and over. Is there a trick to getting the Treo to send mail using the Windows Mobile 5.0 client?
    Since you have a POP account with Yahoo, I would have to assume that you're paying for the Yahoo Mail plus. I don't use it, but have it configured for other POP servers. I know sometimes there maybe some kind of corruption, which causes you to not send, but only receive. Try deleting the account on your PPC then recreating it again.

Sorry to unload but I’m new to Smartphone’s, PDA’s and Pocket PC’s. Any input will be greatly appreciated.
    No prob. HTH
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I don't know how I got sent over here. The post was originally entered in General Chat.

Regarding Skype, I have used it in several different situations, indoor, outdoor and with good connections. They still can't here me. Just wondering if anyone has gotten this to work.

Regarding mail, I do have yahoo mail plus. I will try reseting the accounts.

wateride
    Regarding bluetooth and Windows Media Player, I think they require using the cable because transfering multimedia over bluetooth is really slow. In the time you'd spend transfering one or two songs, I'm sure you could transfer at least 10 or 20 with a cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by wateride;1245484[B
    Just a comment on the camera. I found the same issue on my 700wx. I'll bet it's the same with the 750. Turns out that the button expects a relatively quick push and release to take a picture. Kinda like punching it. If I do it slowly (for more steadiness) it will not take a picture. Like it or not, I believe this is by design.

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    Just a comment on the camera. I found the same issue on my 700wx. I'll bet it's the same with the 750. Turns out that the button expects a relatively quick push and release to take a picture. Kinda like punching it. If I do it slowly (for more steadiness) it will not take a picture. Like it or not, I believe this is by design.

-Frank
    I think it maybe OS related. If you press slowly, it is almost simulating a press and hold, which is a different function, compared to just a press.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    I think it maybe OS related. If you press slowly, it is almost simulating a press and hold, which is a different function, compared to just a press.
    Good point! Although, I would not expect that push and hold (to get the list of running services) to be active during a camera session. But... I'll bet you are right.

-Frank