1.    #1  
    Hi,

Is there a way to configure a different email sound for different accounts? I have an Exchange account from my work plus a couple of personal email accounts configured on my 700wx and would like to have different "new email" notifications for each. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Kevin
    Kevin,

Are you using multiple pop3 accounts, or the exchange, imap, & pop3 (for three accounts)?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink View Post
    Hi,

Is there a way to configure a different email sound for different accounts? I have an Exchange account from my work plus a couple of personal email accounts configured on my 700wx and would like to have different "new email" notifications for each. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Kevin
    I have also an Exchange account with direct push technology from work, and a couple of my personal ISP POP3 accounts that are setup to check email every 5 minutes on my Sprint 700WX.

I have these configured ever since 700WX came out in last September, but so far I can only use a single "notification" schema for all three accounts. I have added MotScript to turn on and blink LED, and modified Windows registry to have repeating notification sound whenever a new message arrives.

If you find a way to differentiate notification for the different accounts, I would like to hear from you. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Tony
    SF, CA
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I have not found a way to have different sounds but I would like to know if it is possible.
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Kevin,

Are you using multiple pop3 accounts, or the exchange, imap, & pop3 (for three accounts)?

Thanks,
    Rich
    I have two POP accounts and one Exchange account configured on my Treo.

I'd like to find a way to have a different notification sound for the Exchange account.

Kevin
    I am looking into a mortscript solution (reading the manual at the moment). I didnt realize you could configure more than 1 pop3 account on the Treo. Do you all have your pop3 accounts named as various items aside from "pop3" (that would be handy to have the account name)? I was under the impression you could do only 1 exchange server, 1 pop3, & 1 Imap.

Maybe adding the exchange server first is whats messing it up.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    I am looking into a mortscript solution (reading the manual at the moment). I didnt realize you could configure more than 1 pop3 account on the Treo. Do you all have your pop3 accounts named as various items aside from "pop3" (that would be handy to have the account name)? I was under the impression you could do only 1 exchange server, 1 pop3, & 1 Imap.

Maybe adding the exchange server first is whats messing it up.
    RIchTJ99,

I have two POP email accounts configured in my Outlook Mobile. I don't think there really is a limit regarding the number of accounts.

To add an additional account, you should be able to do so by simply opening Outlook Mobile and going to Menu -> Tools -> Options. Once there, click "New Account..."

HTH

Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonc View Post
    II have added MotScript to turn on and blink LED, and modified Windows registry to have repeating notification sound whenever a new message arrives.
    How??
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!