1.    #1  
    I am pretty new to the 700wx and WM in general. One thing that I have notcied is that I seem to lose my EVDO connection a lot, or if I don't use the device for a bit whenever I want to connect to the internet or use a program that does, it says Dialing #777...blah blah. Is it supposed to cut off like that after awhile or so I have a setting wrong?

Also. I have slingplayer and Orb set up. However, I cannot get a constant stream...Slingbox in particular. It'll play for a minute or two and then cut out and skip and then get normal for a bit. I am not sure if I have the best connection settings. I have searched bt am not sure where to start or how to improve my connection...

any suggestions??
    Mine does this from time to time as well.
    PDA History: Handspring Visor > Toshiba e335 > Palm T|X > Palm Treo 700wx > AT&T Tilt & Treo 750
    Phone History: Unknown Nokia > Nokia 6340i > Motorola V551 > Motorola e815 > Palm Treo 700wx > AT&T Tilt & Treo 750
    Who is your mobile provider?

Are you stationary or mobile when this occurs?

Are you outdoors or indoors when this occurs?
  4.    #4  
    Sprint. It happens whenever, inside or out, moving or stationary. It just cuts in and out...what should my speed be? where do I test time?

Side note: maybe I need to increase my upload speed for slingbox and orb. anyone know how to do this (I go thru a netgear router)...
    I have verizon and the droppng of evdo happens to me too.
    I can speak to Orb. Manually set the web speed to 150k -200k and make sure your computer is at least double that fast from the "PC upstream speed" stated at the bottom.

150 - 200 is just fine for viewing quality.
    If you go into the 'sounds & notifications' you can set the 'Connection Established' to no notification.
    I have Sprint and try streaming audio during my 30 minute commute to work using TCPMP and WMP. Often I will be stopped at a light, and then just lose the EVDO connection. This is while it is reporting at least one bar of signal strength. It is so frustrating that it is causing me to consider dumping Sprint and my SERO plan altogether. This has always happened to me, and I am on my third Treo 700wx so I doubt it is a hardware problem.

Does anyone have a completely reliable (i.e. no buffering or lost connection) streaming experience while driving for a long time?
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
    I am pretty new to the 700wx and WM in general. One thing that I have notcied is that I seem to lose my EVDO connection a lot, or if I don't use the device for a bit whenever I want to connect to the internet or use a program that does, it says Dialing #777...blah blah. Is it supposed to cut off like that after awhile or so I have a setting wrong?
    I think this is by default, so a person without a data plan, doesn't get dinged for accidently leaving the data connection open. I'm not sure, but there maybe an app that keeps the connection open. Have you tried leaving pocket IE open?

Quote Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
    Also. I have slingplayer and Orb set up. However, I cannot get a constant stream...Slingbox in particular. It'll play for a minute or two and then cut out and skip and then get normal for a bit. I am not sure if I have the best connection settings. I have searched bt am not sure where to start or how to improve my connection...
    This sounds like a bitrate setting, but I'm not sure where to configure it, since I don't use them. Someone maybe able to chime in with this info.

Quote Originally Posted by citivolus View Post
    I have Sprint and try streaming audio during my 30 minute commute to work using TCPMP and WMP. Often I will be stopped at a light, and then just lose the EVDO connection. This is while it is reporting at least one bar of signal strength. It is so frustrating that it is causing me to consider dumping Sprint and my SERO plan altogether. This has always happened to me, and I am on my third Treo 700wx so I doubt it is a hardware problem.

Does anyone have a completely reliable (i.e. no buffering or lost connection) streaming experience while driving for a long time?
    It does sound like a hardware problem, but hardware as being in a moving metal car and I'm assuming allot of buildings or trees to cause interference. Have you looked at some kind of antenna?
    Quote Originally Posted by citivolus View Post

What area?

In the Seattle area there are tons of EVDO "pits" on my commute and yes it's starting to pi$$ me off too.