1.    #1  
    hi,

i posted a while back for an IM program that is free that uses data only, not SMS. I got a reply back to use Octrotalk, after installing it, i ran into multiple bug issues and it was more of a hassle then an convenience.

can someone point me in another direction for a free, instant messaging program i can download that uses strictly data? thanks
    Get the cingular media max package now includes free unlimited text including Im's. It cost 39.99 also has unlimited data and cingular video.
    IM+ costs about $40.00 and is supported on every mobile platform there is. It seems to be a pretty good IM client and supports AIM, ICQ, MSN, Y!, Jabber and GoogleTalk.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I think the new Mundu (I think that's what it's called, or Mundo) is pretty cheap and is a one-time access fee.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I have so far had good luck with IM+ though I would like to use the Cingular client that uses SMS seeing as how I got on the unlimited band wagon the day it came out. The issue I have with IM+ is that sometimes it shows connected when it really isn't and when I get a call it disconnectes. I think the Cingular client will stay connected since you just recieve text, of course this won't matter when 3G is actually out and in full force as you can be on the phone and use data at the same time. I managed to find both the OZ for the blackjack and the 8525 and though they both work since they weren't made for the 750 they both have odd bugs that make me not want to use it.

Maybe at some point Cingy will jump on the ball and add more apps that support the 750, and maybe monkeys will learn how to fly
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    I am also using IM+. I've tried pretty much all of them and IM+ is the one I'm happiest with over all. http://www.shapeservices.com/ for IM+ . It's not free, but good software rarely is and it's not terribly expensive.
    If you search the forum a bit, you'll find a few threads devoted to comparting IM Programs. Try the WM Commmunications forum.
  7.    #7  
    well i cant go through cingular as i have my treo unlocked to tmobile. and i pay only $4.99 a month for unlimited data
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeas750 View Post
    hi,
    i posted a while back for an IM program that is free that uses data only, not SMS. I got a reply back to use Octrotalk, after installing it, i ran into multiple bug issues and it was more of a hassle then an convenience.
    Now try latest OctroTalk, supports GTalk/Jabber, MSN, Yahoo, AOL, ICQ and multiple chat sessions, Group Chat/Conference. Also for GTalk/Jabber File and Folder transfer, picture transfer, file sharing, access desktop and backup files.
    I have IM+ but am using Octro more often it seems lighter on the Treo's resources
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    How is Octro on battery life? I have newsbreak and activesync set to push, and my battery life seems good.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    im+ has a bug which whenever i login to my aim my phone freezes up for a good 3-5 minutes then it conencts and all working again. This started happening since version 4.27 and it's still not solve in 4.35 i cureently switched to causerie cae of this until shape fixes the issue.