1.    #1  
    I am getting dizzy at the venting sessions of all the bugs in the 750.. Dropping blue tooth connections, Whether WM6 will fix everything. Needing to hack to get full high speed etc..

I have had the 600 and now the 650... I want to upgrade..
    About the only 3rd party app I will use is TOm TOm 6...

I mostly want to swap to get the higher speed G3
    All I want to know is...

Is the 750 at least as good as the 650? I am coming from Palm OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvette View Post
    I am getting dizzy at the venting sessions of all the bugs in the 750.. Dropping blue tooth connections, Whether WM6 will fix everything. Needing to hack to get full high speed etc..

I have had the 600 and now the 650... I want to upgrade..
    About the only 3rd party app I will use is TOm TOm 6...

I mostly want to swap to get the higher speed G3
    All I want to know is...

Is the 750 at least as good as the 650? I am coming from Palm OS.
    look around at the threads. i think it is not as good, so far and hope to get used to it enough that it is as good.

what do you find lacking in the 650? maybe folks here can tell you if the 750 does it better (although this crowd doesn;t seem too into critisizing the 750 so the answers have to be taken with a grain of salt)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gearwh0re View Post
    look around at the threads. i think it is not as good, so far and hope to get used to it enough that it is as good.

what do you find lacking in the 650? maybe folks here can tell you if the 750 does it better (although this crowd doesn;t seem too into critisizing the 750 so the answers have to be taken with a grain of salt)
    My 650 volume sucks, I hate having to use a 3rd party package to fix it. When swapping call waiting calls.. The other caller cannot hear me.. and I end up dropping them both..

Plus painfully slow internet and mail retrieval..
    I went from the 650 (unlocked, unbranded on T-Mobile) to the 750 (on T-Mo, so no speed thrills) and the 700wx (Sprint, speed thrills, cheap).

If you need to make your phone talk to your Exchange Server, the WM Treos are superb. Volume is indeed better than the 650. You'll find some things cool and some things maddening with the 750. E.g. I liked the way when I was on the phone on my 650 the dialpad was on the screen by default.

But the 750 is definitely a one-handed phone. Not as polished as the PalmOS onehandedness in my opinion. On the 650 you could do everything from the D-pad. And I forget what I was doing today but there was something to click on and no button whatsoever would touch it so I had to resort to the stylus. Little stuff like that exists. You will survive.

The 750 is more polished than the 700wx. Threaded SMS is standard. Voice Command over BT works. No antenna (I don't care). Cleverly hidden LED.

You will be happy with a 750. Don't mind the whining.

Battery life is a step down from your 650. It is a smaller battery. (Oh, look! I'm whining!)

It uses a mini-SD card. Meh. So what. Theyre cheap.

I'd wait until the 320 x 320 phones come out. 240 x 240 is fine until you look at a 650's screen.
    Agree with Gearhwh0re that you need to take everything in this thread with a grain of salt as this is a somewhat biased group--however you do hear all the negatives too.

However, IMO the 750 is far superior to the 650.

Here were my biggest concerns; 240x240 vs. the 320x320 of the 650. Concern over going from a Palm OS that I really liked to an untried WM5 OS. concerns over lack of signal strength with the missing antenna. However, I think the graphical user interface is so clean in WM5 including the choice of clear type font that I actually think the resolution looks better (I don't doubt that viewing jpegs on the 650 is probably better but not a big deal for me) and the higher resolution camera on the 750 more than makes up for it.

The WM5 OS has been very stable for me. I do have some infrequent freezes but not enough to bother me.

Signal strength also seems fine.

I have had all the bluetooth issues with my BMW car kit but for whatever the reason it has been fine for the past couple of months with the exception of call waiting which will cause me to have to manually disconnect and reconnect bluetooth from the car to fix (but this may actually be a BMW carkit issue too as they tell me that this happens with other cell phones).

Now for the good: multitasking is where the Palm OS should have been long ago. If using IE and I get a call I don't have to start over, I can look up a number on Yahoo dial it then go back to yahoo, etc.--unbelievable time saver and with a 300 mhz processor and the RAM on these things this is much overdue. Even in GPRS areas I regularly connect at higher speeds than I ever attained on my 650 --150kps min. vs. about a 100kps max on my 650. I also have installed the much talked about HSDPA hack and have had no issues--but I have not used DUN so I am not a good resource for that.

Call quality is much better but I do get some drops when going in and out of UMTS and GPRS areas, but I anticipate this will improve as UMTS coverage improves and these have not been too frequent.

Increased memory is also much needed. Now I don't mess around worrying about which apps to load or not and when to start deleting things.

I say make the change--you will get used to the OS quickly and you won't look back. Granted I am not a power user that uses all the apps that many list here so I am sure there are many other shortcomings that others will remind you of but for me using Good Mobile Messaging, Internet Explorer and Google Maps for traffic this is the best thing going. There are more stable devices out there but the touch screen, one hand use ease, form factor, customization and 3G speed make this the winner for me. I will put up with shortfalls because every device will have some--that is a given.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    If you want 3G you really have no choice the way I see it. That's the main reason I switched from the 650 to the 750 (and not to the 680.)
    My wife went to the 680 after trying the 750 for a month. She just really didn't like WM much and missed some of her favorite Palm OS apps.
    On the other hand I personally have taken to like WM5 more, and I like IE more than Blazer (as well as the man choices of other web browsers.)

I've had very few problems with the 750 myself and the ones I do are trivial.
    The call clearity is great, volume is accepable, and performance of the phone has been pretty solid for me so I give it a thumbs up.

But if you don't have 3G coverage and still like PalmOS, then you might prefer the 680 which is an improved/fixed 650 in my opinion.