1.    #1  
    with so many great scripts displaying info into the carrier string. i wrote a little something to so my favorites. my carrier display shows treo alert status, xcast, cDate, my profile, battery level, signal strength, and program memory. all rotate in a two second loop. it my not be for everyone, but i'm kind of liking it.

here is what it looks like.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...1177285468.pbw

keep in mind that treo alert will over ride this script to show notifications, but when notifications are gone the script will continue.

i am not done with it yet. i would like to figure out how to automatical read all the possible displays and give the user a "choice " type screen that would allow them to choose what to display. i had to edit the treo alert "alert control.mscr", "xcast, and cdate to write to one of the keys i am using to retate.

i hope it inspires the "all to share" type carrier plugin thing.

cody
    Last edited by codyppc; 04/22/2007 at 06:45 PM.
  2.    #2  
    ok, posted for jd. keep in mind i am a noob so you mort pros dont bash me to hard. lol

#ultimate writer 1.0.mscr

# i wrote these values in for test purposes. this is where the original scripts should write to.

# If reg settings don't exist initialize them
    If ( NOT RegKeyExists("HKLM","Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer" ) )
    RegWriteString "HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", "line 5","reserved for xcast"
    RegWriteString "HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", "line 6","reserved cDate"
    RegWriteString "HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", "line 7","reserved for my profiles"
    RegWriteString "HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", "line 8","extra 1"
    RegWriteString "HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", "line 9","extra 2"
    RegWriteString "HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", "line 10","extra 3"
    EndIf

# start of the actual ... Ultimate Witer.mscr

n = 1

While (1)

battery = RegRead ("HKLM", "System\State\Battery", "Percentage", )
    batterystring = "Battery Level = " & %battery% & "%"

signal = RegRead ("HKLM", "System\State\Phone", "Signal Strength" )
    signalstring = "Signal Strength = " & %signal% & "%"

memory = (FreeMemory ())
    Tmemory = %memory% * 1/1000
    memorystring = "program memory = " & %tmemory% & "MB"

TAstatus = RegRead ("HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\TREO ALERTS","STATUS" )
    TAstatusstring = "Treo Alert Pro = " & %TAstatus%

RegWriteString "HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", "line 1",%TAstatusstring%
    RegWriteString "HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", "line 2", %batterystring%
    RegWriteString "HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", "line 3", %signalstring%
    RegWriteString "HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", "line 4", %memorystring%

L[1]= RegRead ("HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", "line 1")
    L[2]= RegRead ("HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", "line 2")
    L[3]= RegRead ("HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", "line 3")
    L[4]= RegRead ("HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", "line 4")
    L[5]= RegRead ("HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", "line 5")
    L[6]= RegRead ("HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", "line 6")
    L[7]= RegRead ("HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", "line 7")
    L[8]= RegRead ("HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", "line 8")
    L[9]= RegRead ("HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", "line 9")
    L[10]= RegRead ("HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", "line 10")

RegWriteString "HKLM","System\State\Phone","Current Operator Name", %L[n]%

RegWriteString "HKLM","Software\Microsoft\Ril","CarrierName", %L[n]%

# change y to how ever many lines you are using

y = 7

if (n < y)
    n = n + 1
    else
    n = 1
    endif

Sleep 2000

EndWhile
    We'll be nice... we can't spell and our grammar sux, too.

-- JDC
  4.    #4  
    test is an attempt to read how many stings are in that key and then display those strings. it doesn't work though. maybe some one can use it and or fix it for me. lol.

#test 1.0.mscr

# sln = string location number (first string, second string. ect)
    #sln = 1

# l = loop number ( how many time this loop reads the strings)
    l = 1

# tsl = total string lines
    #tsl = 0

#############loop starts hear###########
    While (1)

battery = RegRead ("HKLM", "System\State\Battery", "Percentage", )
    batterystring = "Battery = " & %battery% & "%"

signal = RegRead ("HKLM", "System\State\Phone", "Signal Strength" )
    signalstring = "Signal = " & %signal% & "%"

memory = (FreeMemory ())
    Tmemory = %memory% * 1/1000
    memorystring = "program memory = " & %tmemory% & "MB"

TAstatus = RegRead ("HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\TREO ALERTS","STATUS" )
    TAstatusstring = "Treo Alert = " & %TAstatus%

RegWriteString "HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", "1", %TAstatusstring%
    RegWriteString "HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", "2", %batterystring%
    RegWriteString "HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", "3", %signalstring%
    RegWriteString "HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", "4", %memorystring%

# see if string exists
    rve= RegValueExists ("HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", [l])
    if (rve = 1)
    tsl = tsl + 1

sln[l] = regread ("HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", [l])
    RegWriteString "HKLM","System\State\Phone","Current Operator Name", sln[l]

RegWriteString "HKLM","Software\Microsoft\Ril","CarrierName", sln[l]

RegWriteString "HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Ultimate Writer", "total string lines", %tsl%

l = l + 1
    else

l = 1

endif
    sleep 2000

EndWhile
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    We'll be nice... we can't spell and our grammar sux, too.

-- JDC
    thanks. i did graduate. i have just worked contruction to long and forgot how to spell. lol.
    Take a look at this one as an example to what I think you're trying to do in the registry.

See if it helps.

-- JDC
    Attached Files Attached Files
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    Take a look at this one as an example to what I think you're trying to do in the registry.

See if it helps.

-- JDC
    thanks jd. I learn a lot from just looking and good scripts. i'll check it out when I get home.
    Cody, looks good!

Yeah I was gonna say, skip over them if the strings aren't there, but it looks like you are already modifying the code to do that...

Z.
  9.    #9  
    i can't belive i misspelled the freaking thread title
    hehehe I do it all the time
    My, The Force Be Not With Ewes.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    hey cody great job awesome...are you sharing this with everyone??
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    hey cody great job awesome...are you sharing this with everyone??
    of course. I just hpe some makes it better. i'm a beginer here. I need those jedis to make it work right.

if it weren't for people sharing. I wouldn't have anything on my treo. lol.

the only thing I ask is if you make it better you share as well.
    Man Cody, this is awesome. I remember the post where Hannip was trying to get you to use MortScript. He coaxed you in with the multiswitch script. Now your writing this. Great job Cody.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by kinger2 View Post
    Man Cody, this is awesome. I remember the post where Hannip was trying to get you to use MortScript. He coaxed you in with the multiswitch script. Now your writing this. Great job Cody.
    yeah, yeah. i dont want to just load anything and everthing on my devices. i wanted to check it out for a while.

long story short version.... i'm addicted now. thanks alot. just a few months behind.
    ok, what if we have scripts in progress that write a number of things to the carrier line in a given interval, say every 2 seconds and they should be shown together before moving to the next script's info?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    awesome cody, i have been following this for awhile now and well if and when i have time to get into learning i will....i just know that if i start im gonna be up for days...i just gotta free up some time, then i will try to learn this...mort addicting drug...lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    ..mort addicting drug...lol...
    at that point, we shall dub thee a
    "MortFeind"