1.    #1  
    I am such a sucker sometimes, thinking that spending the big bucks will give good results.

So to help you from making the same mistakes, here's what your life will be like with the "military grade" JAWBONE headset:

1) If you take your Jawbone out of range, the Sprint 700wx may or may not use it again, sporatically. How will you know? When you are like an ***** trying to talk through the headset when it's really through the phone. Or even stupider, trying to talk through the handset while it's using your Jawbone that is sitting on your desk. It's a lot of fun for you and the caller.

2) If it doesn't want to use the Jawbone, you can fix it easily. Just reboot your headset and phone. It only takes 5 minutes of waiting until you can make another call. No biggie. You've got time.

3) Gotta love interference! It makes everything better. The amazing bluetooth technology receives all kind of interference from wireless networks. No problem, just go to a desert that is 1000's of miles from any wireless network. Because you don't really need to use the headset at home or the office where the wireless networks are prevalent.

4) Have fun with it falling apart on you. After a few weeks of charging regularly, it's fun when the plastic cover comes loose from the housing. Gotta love well made, high dollar, military grade components.

5) Learn how the Jawbone engineers never studied basic physics. So you need to press the annoying little white bump into the side of your jaw to get this amazing noise cancellation (which people can still hear the background -- the demos on the web, oh, you won't be able to duplicate that), and how do they do that? Well, lets make a fulcrum that uses the ear bud as the pivot point! Great idea? That way the heaset will constantly be trying to push itself out of your ear. It's the latest in uncomfortable.

Make sure you buy from Cingular so you can get your money back after suffering for 30 days.

Jawbone?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    eegads. Could it be possible that your Jawbone is a lemon? Have you tried a 2nd unit? Mine's been great, best by far with my VZW WX, but by no means is it perfect.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Forget the glitzy mainstream BTs that always suck and get a Gennum nXGEN 5500 or wait for their 6000. They work great, always block out the back ground noise and have great tech support that will send you free ear loops or ear plugs if you loose or break em...

Downside, bit expensive, doesn't look cool and does not help you to look cool but it works better then any of the other 6 BTs I have tried on the market.
    Yep. I wasted my money too. Expensive packaging for something very poorly manufactured.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    Yep. I wasted my money too. Expensive packaging for something very poorly manufactured.
    What was your experience with the Jawbone Beryl? I love it except for the hard to find buttons.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    I love my Jawbone! I have had it for over 2 months now and no malfunctioned parts to speak of (besides the easy-to-lose rubber charge port cover). The interference is due to the Treo's subpar BT stack. And my 700p almost ALWAYS connects to my Jawbone. I have NEVER had to reset my Treo nor my Jawbone due to BT connection problems. Sounds like you had a lemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    What was your experience with the Jawbone Beryl? I love it except for the hard to find buttons.
    • The earpiece broke right off. (Fortunately, they supply 4.)
    • It doesn't answer consistently (See OP.)
    • hard to find buttons (I often hang up trying to turn up volume.)

It isn't a BAD headset but for the price, I expected better.
    I had one and hated it. Fitting it was a nightmare (required 2 hands and great concentration) and the sound quality was tinny as hell. Plus the volume wasn't that great. I just didn't like the digitized nature of my voice (on the other end of the call).

Once again, it's back to my Plantronics 510. I come back to it every time...when will I learn?
    Would pair and work well as long as I didnt shut it off. If I shut is off and then turn it back on it would indicate on the phone that it was connected when it actually wasn't! Here I am driving down the road cussing the unit out while all the while the person on the line is listening to me by the mic my phone. The fitting was not good for me either constantly having to re-adjust the unit. The noise cancellation did not perform as stated. Also tried repairing multiple times without improvement. The Motorola H-700 and Razorwire are still the best units by far that I have used.