1.    #1  
    I've heard from many people that the .net 2.0 is "Very bad". I seem to recall seeing "it stinks somewhere along the line as well. lol

I have not allowed any applications to install it on my WX as per the advice I've gotten here in these forums. However, I'm a tad curious. What's so bad about it? What types of differences would you notice using it?

I read that it slows things down. Is that referring to speed of connection or overall use of the phone? I only wonder because I'd love to install SiriuCE to listen to Sirius. My Sirius Stiletto doesn't get a good signal in my office.

So who has any knowledge/opinions? :-)
    The problem with .NET CF 2.0 is that it is big. It hogs up the memory both storage-wise and RAM.

Programs run OK on it. I had it installed at one point and did not notice a dramatic difference in speed.

If you want to try it, go for it. You can always uninstall it if it doesn't work out.

Just be sure to back up before you go doing anything major so you can easily restore if something goes bad... ;-)
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    we will have to like it since it is built in wm6.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Built in isn't as bad, though. We have built in 1.0 now and that is fine. My biggest issue with 2.0 is that it was in addition to what was already in the ROM which just annoys me... LOL
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyLive View Post
    I've heard from many people that the .net 2.0 is "Very bad". I seem to recall seeing "it stinks somewhere along the line as well. lol

I have not allowed any applications to install it on my WX as per the advice I've gotten here in these forums. However, I'm a tad curious. What's so bad about it? What types of differences would you notice using it?

I read that it slows things down. Is that referring to speed of connection or overall use of the phone? I only wonder because I'd love to install SiriuCE to listen to Sirius. My Sirius Stiletto doesn't get a good signal in my office.

So who has any knowledge/opinions? :-)
    Don't bother with SiriuCE. It hasn't worked in a long time. Use SiriusWM5 instead.

http://www.geekstoolbox.com/
    I tried that a while ago and it was such a big file and it did slow my phone done if I rember correctly. don't even bother its no good.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigmattFromJeRSeY View Post
    I tried that a while ago and it was such a big file and it did slow my phone done if I rember correctly. don't even bother its no good.
    I assume you are referring to .Net 2.0.

SiriusWM5 is very tiny at 60k and doesn't require .Net. It works great for me.
    Speaking as a programmer, there's no way I'm going back to writing .Net 1.x code. It'd be like using a flintlock rifle instead of a M-16.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind having the extra space, but i've learned to make do.
    The main problem with it (IMO) is the speed of the programs. They take forever to load, most apps aren't programmed well and are unstable, and as mentioned it takes up a ton of memory. CF2.0 in itself isn't really "bad," but most apps are. I never found it to be a problem when not running any of the 2.0 apps..
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I assume you are referring to .Net 2.0.

SiriusWM5 is very tiny at 60k and doesn't require .Net. It works great for me.
    yea net 2.0.
    Thanks for all the advice here - almost downloaded .Net 2.0 - but am now using Sirius WM5 on my 700wx and loving it!