Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know i'm not the only one who wants a $600 phone to do the same thing as my wifes startup phone but it won't. the el cheapo phone plays trackpass and mine won't. Does anyone know how I can make my new treo 700wx play nascar trackpass with uploads or if this browser will actually work for my nascar on the go. i've had the ppc-6600, 6700 and now the treo 700wx which I get next week. So far nothing has worked. Any advice would be helpful
    Last edited by ppc_pieceocrap; 04/28/2007 at 03:30 PM. Reason: title must be confusing even though it was posted under treo 700 wx hardware
    A couple of Questions:
    1) Who is the provider you are using?
    2) What is you type of DATA plan?
  3.    #3  
    sprint and no idea what data plan. what plan should i get with it
    what is the cheapo phone your wife has
  5.    #5  
    sanyo scp-3100
    I was trying to figure this out also, but haven't figure anything out yet...
  7.    #7  
    for some reason you have to have some type of flash player or something because trackpass uses popup windows when it opens in the nascar.com web site. my ppc 6700 couldn't do it, and also my 6600 both P.O.S. tommorow is the big day hope this treo 700wx is better.
    I highly doubt a 700wx will do it if a ppc6700 couldn't. They both run basically the same thing, just different hardware. I have a 700wx but I don't have trackpass so i can't test it for you.

With the cheapo phone you're talking about, is it using the trackpass from nascar-to-go that Sprint sells? If so that is completely different than getting trackpass from the nascar website.
    I have a 700wx and its a no go and I havnt been able to find a way around it.
    I think what we need is a nascar to go jar file
    Pete
  11.    #11  
    that's what i'm talkin about, make it convinient for those of us who like nascar to be able to view from a website or a link that works similar to nascar to go is it that hard it shouldn't be.
    "Nascar to go" is a java program which does not work with Windows Mobile, so our devices are not supported. A few years back the company that creates/manages the program told me to put a JVM on my Treo (650 at that time), and try to run it. It didn't work, and now you can only order the program through your wireless carrier. I called the company and that is what they told me, and I should refer to my wireless carrier for assistance. I never wasted my time with that route though...
    I tried loading the IBM J9 Java Midlet program and using a .jar/.jad file I got from another site.

It showed Nascar To Go was installed but it would never run. It would say "Please Wait" for a few seconds then that window would just close.

Maybe if there's ever an update to the Java Midlet program we might have a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
    I tried loading the IBM J9 Java Midlet program and using a .jar/.jad file I got from another site.

It showed Nascar To Go was installed but it would never run. It would say "Please Wait" for a few seconds then that window would just close.

Maybe if there's ever an update to the Java Midlet program we might have a chance.
    The "please wait" I believe is when the progrma connects to the servers and verifies your membership. That's probably why nothing happens. I know the programs checks your membership before you can access the content.
    if you have road runner, you get trackpass free without needing to use the buggy, intrusive and system wrecking RealOne app. you get it by logging on the rr webpage, and going to the trackpass pod in the nascar section. any rr subscribers here wanna try it?
    It works but they seem to have revamped it so real player is not needed at all.
    Pete
    pete did you try this on your comp or your cell?
    what does trackpass do?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    The original poster was talking about "nascar to go" which is available for most java phones. Some people have replied thinking they were talking about tackpass, the PC app, due to the title.

Neither work on wm phones. the java app probably could, run through a jvm, but the company will not support nor allow us to try.

The java app shows live, in-race data, in-car audio, live leaderboards, news, etc. Very cool if you're a nascar fan, but for 10 bucks a month I'd rather just use trackpass on my pc for 8/month. Much more advanced and detailed.
    That makes sense. However, it is possible to get TrackPass on a comp WITHOUT using a special app. I mentioned above how RoadRunner customers can do it (for free) simply via a web page.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast