Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Newbie question, anyone know if the Opera 8.65 Beta (or something else that is comparable) works on the Treo 700wx?

    I'm looking for a browser which works on the 700wx which allow me to view a website in landscape/portrait mode so that I can see the entire screen but in a condensed version...

    Thanks.
  2. #2  
    The Treo has a square screen.

    Therefore, portrait and landscape view are the same.
  3. #3  
    It runs but is slow. Also, since your treo screen is square the landscape mode really does't matter.
  4.    #4  
    I'm sorry I guess I didn't explain my question properly, Opera Mobile 8.65 adapts Web pages to fit the width of the screen ... that is what I am looking for, something that can let me see the entire web page but on a condensed version.
  5. #5  
    I run 8.60 without problems it renders some sites much better others worse so I use both PIE and Opera depending on what I'm doing
  6. aznspiki's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by scubaduba View Post
    It runs but is slow. Also, since your treo screen is square the landscape mode really does't matter.
    why is it slow on 700wx? is it gonna be like that on final version?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by nealesq1 View Post
    Newbie question, anyone know if the Opera 8.65 Beta (or something else that is comparable) works on the Treo 700wx?

    I'm looking for a browser which works on the 700wx which allow me to view a website in landscape/portrait mode so that I can see the entire screen but in a condensed version...

    Thanks.
    I tried it a few times, but it's WAY too slow. It's too bad since I really liked how Opera Mini ran on my older Treo (the 600).

    Kevin
  8. #8  
    Opera 8.60 is no slower than PIE on my machine
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by StillCrazy View Post
    Opera 8.60 is no slower than PIE on my machine
    I just tried re-installing Opera 8.60 on my Treo 700wx and now it seems to be working fine. Strange.

    Kevin
  10. #10  
    Is 8.60 faster than 8.65? 8.65 is so slow it's unusable on my 750.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  11. #11  
    I also noticed the beta seems slow, but I haven't used much else.

    What is the fastest browser for the 700wx?
  12. #12  
    I reinstalled 8.65 and changed some of the settings to get some resemblance of speed. It is very sensitive to the settings you put in for zoom level and minimum text size. I don't think I would use Opera as an all-purpose PPC browser, but I think between Opera and OperaMini, there may be enough for a working solution.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  13. baglady215's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #13  
    It was slow for me too. Plus, I don't like how I have to touch a textbox just to type. Is there a setting I can change for this?

Posting Permissions