Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello;

Well tomorrow I will be getting my 700wx and am quite eager to see how this lives up to its' reputation.

So when you first got your 700wx what did you do to it?

Any applications? Tweaks? Any suggestions that you can give so I can better enjoy my experience?

Anything will be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
    Studio+727+com
    Global Posts
    20,078 Global Posts
    I pretty much played with the different options/programs. I set the today screen how I wanted it. Then I got the threaded sms hack and I love it. Appointments, tasks, and messages are hard to miss with the today screen, which is a plus as I never hear my phone ringing/vibrating (all phones, not the treo.)

Edit: I've been using my 700WX for about a week now, maybe less.
    Just read over the FAQ's...it covers a lot.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

1. Install screen protector.

2. Go mad with installing stuff. Have fun.

3. Realize that you have about zero memory left because you larded up the 700wx with software.

4. Wipe and start again.

5. Post a thread here along the general lines of 'Multitasking. Wow!' (I did).

6. Buy a 4 GB SD Card. Fill it up immediately with music. Start listening to music on your 700wx. Damage the headphone jack. (I am at this stage now).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post

Damage the headphone jack. (I am at this stage now).
    Heh... Sounds like you need some good ol' A2DP...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Screen protector, DEFINITELY. I have a scratch on my screen that I acquired on the third day I owned my Treo... *grumbles*

Software... I'd say get the stuff you need and enjoy it. I've got an IRC client (zsIRC) an IM client (IM+) an overclocking program (XCPUScalar) ebook readers, TCPMP media player with all of the available plugins.

Anyway, I think software depends on the user.

AND enjoy your new device!
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Don't download a bunch of crap to the device... will make it a brick... I use sprite backup, pdanet and google maps....

I downloaded some stuff early on but found 3rd party to be about as bad as the crap I installed on my other palm os devices... hit and miss...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Threaded txt, AD2P, picture mail

All must haves, it is what made me keep my 700wx. Due to txting is just a little easyer, I can now picture message crap out of people, and lastly when I figure out which headphones I want to buy and quit trying them, I be able to ignore people while walking down the street listening to my tunes. World becomes a better place when I dont have to listen to the next stupid person.

Also a good thing I got was called USB Modem by mobile-stream. Works wondeful on my mac so that I have net access during my professor lectures where he just rambles on and didnt start helping us until nearly the end of the semster and expects all this work done.
    Mapping type app? A person could always use one. You never know when you need to find directions or a map to a nice restaurant. Google Maps or Live Search are both great apps for for maps/directions. I prefer Google maps over Live Search, becuase GM is a little easier to navigate through using 1 hand. It also lets you add the address from GM to pocket contacts. Also on pocket contacts, you can get directions using GM.

Backup software should be a necessity. I use Sprite Backup. Another option is Sbp Backup.

Other types of software depends on your needs. If your Treo is basically an entertainment tool, then you may want to install media software, like TCMP. I guess the question is, what is your main purpose for the Treo and maybe we can offer you some solutions.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Sprint or VZW WX?
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Yea, if you like things like stable Bule Tooth connectivity and voice dialing over your BT then return your 700WX and get something else...
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    After, buying spb , I kinda regret buying software.
    Reasoning.
    I store everything important on my storage card.

I have an email account with mail2web.com which is free and all my contacts are stored on there plus , a copy of all my email is forwarded there so I can see if there is anything I really really need to reply to ASAP , if I do , I will reply it will put mail2web.com address as where I replyed from bought if u pay 1.99 a month u can have it say ur email address , and it will retrieve it threw pop if you want. Also mail2web is setup like push email.

If I reset my phone I have a file my storage card downloaded from mail2web that auto setups the activesync so then after that all contacts downloads instantly and email. So no worries
    Quote Originally Posted by xa4hx View Post
    If I reset my phone I have a file my storage card downloaded from mail2web that auto setups the activesync so then after that all contacts downloads instantly and email. So no worries

That's until Mail2web has another outage again.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=mail2web
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 04/23/2007 at 03:22 AM.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Outage, everyone has outages from time to time, did you not see blackberry just go out and there was a story about a guy getting dump. lol But if that is your concern there are other companys out there, my suggestion is still vaild to use that type of service and no need to make backups.

-illusion
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    spb mobile shell
    **must have app**
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Doc, I will have to try that one out , never saw that one, there is so many programs out there.

-illusion
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Doc, I will have to try that one out , never saw that one, there is so many programs out there.

-illusion
    There was thread on it awhile ago but I think its one of the single best apps for wm5
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=mobile+shell

I still use my 700p for the most part but this app made a huge difference for me

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/prod...obileshell/?en
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Well, it looked good in screenshots, but didnt hold up to testing, it seemed flawed and not all the screenshots could I reproduce. Which lead to disappointment. I wanted to switch to a 700p but when I got picturemail , thread txting and bluetooth headphones working , I am fine now.

-illusion
    Outage, everyone has outages from time to time, did you not see blackberry just go out and there was a story about a guy getting dump. lol But if that is your concern there are other companys out there, my suggestion is still vaild to use that type of service and no need to make backups.

-illusion
    An outage is fine if it last a day or 2. But when it lasts for several weeks and M2W tells you it's up and running when several people still report it's not, it's a thumb up their $#&)(*@.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I never experinced the outage so either the outage never effected me or I was playing with another phone at the time and that was the week I signed a contract with another phone and at the end ship it back due to that phones data plan was constantly going out.

-illusion
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast