1.    #1  
    I want a maintenance release so the threaded SMS hack and Hannip's A2DP hack get installed. Plus Voice Commander works over BT.

Basically make it work like the 750 please.

Can we wx owners be sufficiently cranky so Palm will take notice?
  2.    #2  
    Followup. I appreciate what TC gives me, I just want it factory-installed.
    I believe the lack of BT dialing is due to hardware, so I don't think we'll see it ever on the 700wx. For whatever reason, it took Palm 3 or 4 Treos to realize this and fix it on the 750 (650, 700p, 700w/wx and 680 don't have BT voice dialing, but I'm sure they're capable of it, I know the 700wx is)

The reason why we're not hearing anything about a 700wx MR is because for the most part, the 700wx's functionality is good and stable. Notice how you were asking for threaded SMS and BT A2DP? Those are unnecessary features and thus Palm is going to put them on the back burner. On the other hand, the 700p needed an update more as its main concerns were stability (resetting on incoming SMS's for example).

Not saying that Palm is doing it right (because the 700p update should have been done long ago), but this is probably how they view the situation as far as updates go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    I believe the lack of BT dialing is due to hardware, so I don't think we'll see it ever on the 700wx. For whatever reason, it took Palm 3 or 4 Treos to realize this and fix it on the 750 (650, 700p, 700w/wx and 680 don't have BT voice dialing, but I'm sure they're capable of it, I know the 700wx is)

The reason why we're not hearing anything about a 700wx MR is because for the most part, the 700wx's functionality is good and stable. Notice how you were asking for threaded SMS and BT A2DP? Those are unnecessary features and thus Palm is going to put them on the back burner. On the other hand, the 700p needed an update more as its main concerns were stability (resetting on incoming SMS's for example).

Not saying that Palm is doing it right (because the 700p update should have been done long ago), but this is probably how they view the situation as far as updates go.

How do you know this? Not questioning just anxiously curious.
    Sorry, that was a error of wording on my part. What I meant to say is that WM devices are capable of bluetooth voice dialing, and since the 700wx is a WM device, we know that the limitation is not in software, so therefore it must be in hardware.

As for the 650, 680, and 700p, since we've never seen bluetooth voice dialing on any PalmOS device, we don't know if it's because of PalmOS or because of the hardware implementation, or possibly even both. Sorry for the confusion.
  6.    #6  
    I think the point about 'life-threatening problems' (700p) vs. 'nice to have (700wx) is probably right on the money. I better learn to love and hack my 700wx.
    The least they could have done is an AKU update, these are not uncommon from phone OEM's Palm does not seem to be much into aftermarket development and improvement of their devices.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    The least they could have done is an AKU update, these are not uncommon from phone OEM's Palm does not seem to be much into aftermarket development and improvement of their devices.

Surur
    Seems to me that Palm's attitude is "If it's not broken, don't fix it...if it is broken, well....it's not actually broken"
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    Seems to me that Palm's attitude is "If it's not broken, don't fix it...if it is broken, well....it's not actually broken"

Completely WELL said.