1.    #1  
    I was talking to a Cingular rep and was told to set the outgoing mail server to

cwmx.com

while leaving the incoming mail server to pop.gmail.com

Apparently Cingular has its own mail server that will send out your mail. The email address will be the email address you input in the first setup screen. I tried it today and it worked like a charm. The only problem is that unless you cc: your gmail account you won't see these messages in gmail.

All the best
    Wizbang
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizbang View Post
    I was talking to a Cingular rep and was told to set the outgoing mail server to

cwmx.com

while leaving the incoming mail server to pop.gmail.com

Apparently Cingular has its own mail server that will send out your mail. The email address will be the email address you input in the first setup screen. I tried it today and it worked like a charm. The only problem is that unless you cc: your gmail account you won't see these messages in gmail.

All the best
    Wizbang
    I had no problems with using smtp.gmail.com
  3.    #3  
    Many people in this thread (including me) have had no success with the outgoing Gmail gateway (smpt.gmail.com). I have tried adding port numbers and playing with authentication settings and deleting and setting up new accounts with no success. The Cingular gateway works great and for the first time I have complete POP email service from my Treo 750.

All the best
    Wizbang
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I had no problems with Gmail either using smtp.gmail.com

Most of the problems I saw were people's email deleting when they check for new mail. The recent: addition fixed that.

Well, if it helps some people, good job. I used to use cwmx.com when I had problems with my Nokia E62.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    Make sure you're using smTP.gmail.com (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol.) I noticed in your post you had smPT. Thanks for posting the cingular tip. Does it still add a cingular signature to all of your mail?
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G