Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

I was curious how well the Treo holds up to jogging or quick movements? I think there is an arm band holster that holds the treo on your arm (similar to an Ipod). Does the shaking / bouncing motion harm the treo? Are there any types of moving parts that could break from the shaking?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Hi,

I was curious how well the Treo holds up to jogging or quick movements? I think there is an arm band holster that holds the treo on your arm (similar to an Ipod). Does the shaking / bouncing motion harm the treo? Are there any types of moving parts that could break from the shaking?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Get an ipod shuffle or simple mp3 for <$100. The bouncing shouldn't make a difference to the treo since it doesn't have moving parts, but the sweat will. Also, it's insanely heavy for running, even in an arm band. There are lots of arm band holders that will fit the treos.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    the Treo gets terribly out of breath and its feet hurt. It will want to stop all the time and will complain that it looks fat in these shorts.

Take your iPod instead.
  4.    #4  
    I of course bought a Dell DJ Ditty a few years ago. Sadly there are no good accessories for it (like the Ipods). I just figured the hands free headset would be neat for listening to music, but it is a bit heavier for sure.
    There's no moving parts, so there should be no problem. Just don't drop it hard or forget you have it and go in the shower or pool with it.
    I used to run with my 650 all the time and thankfully never dropped it (had the Sena leatherskin case so the phone wasn't so slippery)..doing the same with my 750 sans case..just need to get a pair of the Motorola S9 headsets now so I don't have to use the back speaker
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    i use my treo while skiing at a "spirited" pace... i have a pocket on the arm of my jacket that i put my treo in that it not insulated and pretty much just keeps it attached to me... i used a combination of wired and then later in the winter some a2dp headphones- no problems with being used while shaking around... and the cold weather performance has gotten better from the days of the treo 600 as well... just be careful not to pop out an sd card...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    I jog with my Treo and an moto bluetooth headset.
    I don't mind the extra weight even with a metal case...
    I bought a shuffle instead of using my Treo. I prefer to have a little weight to carry around as possible and for $75, it was worth to. Besides, I'd rather drop/destroy the shuffle then the iPod.
    I agree with Marky. You can get some good prices (like $50 right now for a shuffle) on refurbished ipods here, even the nano is tiny enough that it can barely be felt.

I find when I jog, I need as little disturbance as possible (this is totally YMMV) so the treo was just too much.
    I run with the Treo all the time. I keep it in pouch clipped to my shorts. The weight is not an issue as long as the elastic on the shorts are tight enough. Keeping it right over a hip seems to lessen the impact. I used to use a horizontal case becuase of the headset wire, but with a bluetooth headset (just got the Moto S9 -- real nice) and no wires, that's not an issue.
    Hmn. Risking arond 3-500 bucks on jogging.. I for one isn't that desperate for music/talk on the phone at that price.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    I used the 600 for 2 years, the 650 for 2 years, and just started using the 700p this week. No issues whatsoever. I use the DLO Action Jacket for the 5G Video Ipod. The 700p fits very tight in it, which I like. Plus, the SD card is protected. All I need now is the Moto S9.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
    Hmn. Risking arond 3-500 bucks on jogging.. I for one isn't that desperate for music/talk on the phone at that price.
    I'm not sure what the risk is. The treo is not coming out of the case and the case is not coming off of my shorts/sweatpants. The only risk is grossing out the people behind me if the weight starts pulling the shorts down.
    A couple of quarters ago at school, I made a prototype of a 700w case for jogging. I'll try to get some pictures posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisl View Post
    I'm not sure what the risk is. The treo is not coming out of the case and the case is not coming off of my shorts/sweatpants. The only risk is grossing out the people behind me if the weight starts pulling the shorts down.
    Maybe the 3-500 dollars is the fine for indecent exposure.

The Smartphone Experts ActiveLife Workout Case looks decent...

yeah, that doesn't look too bad
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    yeah, that doesn't look too bad
    except for the big red check mark on the phone...
    -Parrott84

The Treo 700wx was a great device. Especially for one handed use, but it would be hard to give up my Mogul now.

myChristianConnection.org
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I use it on the treadmill and it works fine
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisl View Post
    The risk is in looking like a complete goofball with a big giant phone strapped to your arm. See Crazy Eddie's post above. Yikes.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast