1. REC
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Hi All,

I am thinking about migrating my email to a hosted exchange account and was wondering if I needed to do anything special with my data plan to take advantage of the microsoft direct push capabilities. It says something about it in the user guide PDF but i didn't know if it was really neccesary. I am on the unlimited PDA data plan for Cingular.

TIA for any responces.
    Unlimited PDA plan is all you need.
  3. REC
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Thanks you very much for the quick response!! That is what I was hoping to hear.
    I Second, PDA unlimited is all you need.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by REC View Post
    Hi All,

I am thinking about migrating my email to a hosted exchange account and was wondering if I needed to do anything special with my data plan to take advantage of the microsoft direct push capabilities. It says something about it in the user guide PDF but i didn't know if it was really neccesary. I am on the unlimited PDA data plan for Cingular.

TIA for any responces.
    I'm switching to exchange next week. Cant wait!
    Cingular 750
    I switched a couple of months ago. One of the best moves I ever made. Your battery life is going to improve dramatically, too.
  7. REC
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I just made the switch yesterday and am liking it a lot. how often do you guys set your phone to sync and how draining on the battery is it to have the phone set to recieve items as they arrive?

Thanks again
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    IMO, the reason to ue Exchange (other than PIM sync) is to get items "as they arrive". If it weren't for that I would just pop my mail every 15 minutes. Getting it "as it arrives" is best for battery life too.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  9. REC
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl View Post
    IMO, the reason to ue Exchange (other than PIM sync) is to get items "as they arrive". If it weren't for that I would just pop my mail every 15 minutes. Getting it "as it arrives" is best for battery life too.

Thanks - I was curious what was best for battery life