Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Sprint Treo 750 (WM, not 755p) may be here in a few days according to this: http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9710227-1.html

Not sure how valid this is. Just want to pass this along.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    There will most likely be a Sprint Treo 755w. I'm guessing this will be a 750 with an EV-DO radio, and possibly the 1st 320 x 320 screen running WM6. There's a reason why Palm is calling it the Treo 755p, same reason they called the Treo 700w with a w at the end. There will definitely be a new WM Treo for Sprint and Verizon in a 750 shell (just not sure about the 320x320 screen. I expect Palm will only do WM Treos with 320 x 320 screens from now on since WM6 supports it). I expect this by Sept. Just like the 700wx debuted on Sprint in Sept. I highly doubt Palm will call it a Sprint 750, since the 755p suggests a w in the future.
    Jimmie Geddes
    IMO, I find it fishy that they would be getting a new model already since they just got the 700wx/p less than a year ago. Especially with them going to Sprint. About a month ago, I saw the pics of the 755p on engadget mobile.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    I think it would be very bad for Sprint to get a 755w now because I just got my 700wx two months ago and upgrading would cost me a ton. I need a discount before I allow Sprint to do this.
    My neighbor is some sort of VP for Sprint, and he has told me that they would be having both a 755w and 755p versions in a few weeks. He let it drop after I asked him when they would release an antenna-less Treo. He has been trying to get me to switch to Sprint from Tmobile for awhile (it's a running joke between us). But with the corporate discount I can get, it may be time to make the move, especially if their WM6 device has 320x320 resolution.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    The leaked sprint lineup on engadget has no mention of a new WM Treo.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    The leaked sprint lineup on engadget has no mention of a new WM Treo.

Surur
    It is interesting that it shows shows the 700p as end of life and while supplies last, and the 700w as still the current product. It would be interesting to know the month of this report, and if it is the current one.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    that would really p*ss me off...i just got my 700wx about 2 weeks ago. I think I have 30 days to return it though...anyone think it will come out in the next two weeks??
    i just talked with a rep at sprint who told me sprint does have plans to release a Treo 780w.....anyone heard that? she did not know when.
    If they did release a 755w, I would be suprised if it had either WM6 or 320x320 screen. For those I think Palm would call it an 800w.

I guess I could see WM6, but I seriously doubt it will have 320x320 resolution.
    i have until may 10 to return my 700wx. Anyone think the 750w 780w or 800 or whatever it is will be out by then?
    I doubt there's a Sprint version of the 750 coming out anytime soon. The 700p came out almost exactly a year ago, and that's when the 755p surfaces. If there is a 755w I'd imagine it would come out around September, which would make it a year after the 700wx came out.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I was unlucky enough to have a rep in Sprint treo/backberry support give me the news of the new WM treo .He said it,s should be released in the next 3 to 4 weeks.
    Why dont they just release wm6 to the wx owners. The wx is one tuff device..add wm6 and make it complete.I will hold of on the WM 750, 755 ,800 ,8000 whatever there going to call it.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    I was unlucky enough to have a rep in Sprint treo/backberry support give me the news of the new WM treo .He said it,s should be released in the next 3 to 4 weeks.
    Why dont they just release wm6 to the wx owners. The wx is one tuff device..add wm6 and make it complete.I will hold of on the WM 750, 755 ,800 ,8000 whatever there going to call it.
    what are the specs on it and will it come to Verizon also?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Dud never called verizon for teck support on my wx I called Sprint but I'm sure V will carry it...When it comes to specs he did not give me what OS it would carry..I did not ask..I was a little upset actually .One would think they are going to be tossing the wx and that's bad news in my opinion .The wx is the most stable ppc on the market today and has treated sprint well.Throw some WM6 in it and call it a keeper for the next 6 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    I think it would be very bad for Sprint to get a 755w now because I just got my 700wx two months ago and upgrading would cost me a ton. I need a discount before I allow Sprint to do this.
    I've had my 700P for ~5 months now, so I'm ready to be ripped off by Sprint.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo View Post
    I've had my 700P for ~5 months now, so I'm ready to be ripped off by Sprint.
    hehe I used the P for hmm 2 months and got lucky on the even swap for the wx when it was released.Sprint was pretty cool about it..Great company f,sure.
    Yes..the P is a joke.I should have listened to JNgold from the start lol...live and learn.