1.    #1  
    I am tring to delete a "dword" and it's value. I am using the command "RegDelete". the dword I am tring to delete is ( "HKCU", "System\State\Messages\vmail\Total\Unread", "Count" ).

I can delete it manualy, but not with the "regdelete" command.

in the manual is says something about not being able to delete if the value is not empty, but if I create a "test" email in that spot it works.

please can someone help? my project is on hold until I can overcome this problem.

thanks, cody
    Could it be that it gets recreated after you delete it? Why are you trying to delete it in the first place?
  3.    #3  
    no, if if delete it manualy it will stay removed until I get a new voicemail. the voicemail count never gets above 1. when you answer a voicemail it returns to 0. if I manualy remove it and then get a voicemail if creates the Dword "count" again with a 1 as a vaule.

I am working on a way to get the real voice mail count. it's for treo alert 7.0.

should be ready around 2009. lol.
    HKLM "lol it cant be done man lol "
    Cody It would be much more easy for you to find red LED
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    HKLM "lol it cant be done man lol "
    just because it's beyond your expertise doesn't mean it can't be done. lol.

maybe with a "keypress" type script or something. this is my quest. i'm not giving up. like I said, it may not be ready for 5.2, but it will be ready for 7.0. lol
    I was able to get it to delete with this line:

Code:
    RegDelete ("HKCU", "\System\State\Messages\vmail\Total\Unread", "Count"))
    I guess the extra "\" at the beginning does it?

(if you're not doing this already... in resco reg edit you have to go up a level then back to refresh the reg key page)
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    just because it's beyond your expertise doesn't mean it can't be done. lol.

maybe with a "keypress" type script or something. this is my quest. i'm not giving up. like I said, it may not be ready for 5.2, but it will be ready for 7.0. lol
    It can be done f,sure lol I told you in PM lol a few hours back..
    I will say no more
    no, if if delete it manualy it will stay removed until I get a new voicemail. the voicemail count never gets above 1. when you answer a voicemail it returns to 0. if I manualy remove it and then get a voicemail if creates the Dword "count" again with a 1 as a vaule.

I am working on a way to get the real voice mail count. it's for treo alert 7.0.

should be ready around 2009. lol.
    If it helps, I've created a utility called VmailFix that clears voicemail message notifications on Windows Mobile 5 devices. It works by setting the voicemail count to zero in the Registry.

You can download and install VmailFix from my company website:

http://www.lyonsolutions.com.au/Tech...technology.htm

Regards,

Duncan.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Lyon View Post
    If it helps, I've created a utility called VmailFix that clears voicemail message notifications on Windows Mobile 5 devices. It works by setting the voicemail count to zero in the Registry.

You can download and install VmailFix from my company website:

Regards,

Duncan.
    why would you want to to that?

what is the benefit?

at lesst with sprint.... if you manually reset the count to 0 then it will remove the notification. if you go to settings/phone and select the "clear voicemail" it will do the same thing. actually pretty easily.

the thing is at least with sprint. if you do either of the meathods to remove the voicemail you will never receive another voicmail notification. ever. the only way to remove the voicemail count and set up up so you will receive new voicemails is to call your voicemail and then save it or delete it. when you call your voicemail is sends a hit to sprint that will the let the next notification come through. there is no other way to clear this and let sprint know you did in order to receive the next voicemail notification.

you will get voicemails... you just won't know it.

Um, because ex wives have phones, too.
    -- JDC

what is the benefit?

at lesst with sprint.... if you manually reset the count to 0 then it will remove the notification. if you go to settings/phone and select the "clear voicemail" it will do the same thing. actually pretty easily.
    It depends what phone/firmware you have. My Treo 750 (purchased March 2007) doesn't have the "Clear Voicemail" option under Phone Settings, so you can only clear voicemail notifications by manually editing the Registry. This is pretty inconvenient and error prone.

the thing is at least with sprint. if you do either of the meathods to remove the voicemail you will never receive another voicmail notification. ever. the only way to remove the voicemail count and set up up so you will receive new voicemails is to call your voicemail and then save it or delete it. when you call your voicemail is sends a hit to sprint that will the let the next notification come through. there is no other way to clear this and let sprint know you did in order to receive the next voicemail notification.

I'd be happy to update VmailFix to handle Sprint voicemails if you know the appropriate workaround. For example, will it work if you delete the Registry key rather than setting count value to zero? If so, which key(s)?
    Duncan Lyon
    Lyon Solution Services