1.    #1  
    For some reason my 750 likes to send duplicate text messages. Ill send one text and then 5, 10, 15 minutes or even the next day it will send the same message to the same person.

This has happened before and so I used palm's device reset and then it stopped however today it started up again.

Anybody experience the same thing or know how to fix it?

Here are all the progs / reg hacks have have installed:

Microsoft DST Update
    fit4cat Hermes Tweaker: HSDPA Enabled
    SlingPlayer Mobile
    Resco Explorer
    Resco Registry Add-in
    Lakeridge Software: WisBar Advanced
    ReenSoft PIEPlus

Registry Edits:
    Edited Left soft key for text messages
    Increased Display Cache to 16384
    IE Proxy -> Off
    IE Connections -> MaxThreads

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    yeah i did experience that...this is what i did and no problems after that...if you keep the sms open and not close it after you send a message, that is what worked for me...hope this helps...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    yeah i did experience that...this is what i did and no problems after that...if you keep the sms open and not close it after you send a message, that is what worked for me...hope this helps...
    that still didnt work.

Anybody else have any ideas?

Thanks
  4. yze
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    wow you dont know how relieved i am to see im not the only one with this issue..

its odd, for the first 2-3 weeks i had the device it was not an issue than all of a sudden it became an issue.. i thought it was the service so i got tech support on that and they saw nothing wrong, changed my sim card, same thing happens.

so then i hard reset the device and wipe everything out... i use it for 2 days and have no duplicate sending problem..

im thinking it was a program messing with the palm sms threading application.

what i had installed during the duplicate problem was:

ae buttons
    im+
    memmaid
    resco explorer + registry add in
    spb diary 2.2
    wisbarlite
    uiTweaker
    slingbox mobile
    morphgear + snes + nes emulator
    pdamill classic games

and a few reg tweaks.

Ok so I used the phone for 2 days with nothing installed, no problems. two days ago i went and installed wisbarlite, resco, and the hidelogo cab.

still no duplicate sending problems.

gonna install more programs (at order of importance) and go from there.. im pretty convinced now that its a program.

the only programs i can remember installing later on in my phone use is slingbox media and morphgear. and seeing as how you (treonu-b) also have it installed... that could be the culprit.. try uninstalling it and see if you still have the problem

ill update my experiment in about 2 days
    To the best of my knowledge, programs such as SPB Pocket Plus et al that close the messaging application will cause this error. Any extensions or programs that kill running processes should have messaging.exe added as an exclusion.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Any update to this? Everyone on my end gets duplicate messages from me and only me and this damn 750.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I have the same problem. However I too discovered when I leave the messaging open, it doesnt duplicate the message
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TREO1027 View Post
    I have the same problem. However I too discovered when I leave the messaging open, it doesnt duplicate the message
    So after you send a message, you dont close it. Ok, I got that but you just leave it open? For how long?
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maevro View Post
    So after you send a message, you dont close it. Ok, I got that but you just leave it open? For how long?
    I leave it open say, 2-3 minutes. Then I close it. I guess its due to Magic Button.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    well just keep it open...it doesnt lagg or take that much to keep it running...ever since i kept it open no duplicate sms...