Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Hey zbop, would it be possible for the plugin to update the menu if any of the param settings changes in the reg? TA uses a dynamic menu selection for turning the timer on and off, but it has to redraw the today screen to do it whenever the state changes.
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Hey zbop, would it be possible for the plugin to update the menu if any of the param settings changes in the reg? TA uses a dynamic menu selection for turning the timer on and off, but it has to redraw the today screen to do it whenever the state changes.
    Question, does it need to redraw the screen, or does it simply need to draw the correct menu the next time the menu is brought up?
    (it will already redraw if the bmp file or text line changes)
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Question, does it need to redraw the screen, or does it simply need to draw the correct menu the next time the menu is brought up?
    (it will already redraw if the bmp file or text line changes)
    The latter. I was only redrawing the screen since that was the only way I could get the menu to show the new reg settings.
  4.    #164  
    Sure, I'll fix that

It should have done that from the beginning, I'm just trying to figure out if it is better to be notifiied on changes and rescan the registry, or to just build the menu directly from the registry on every tap.

As a workaround, if you update both the params and the text at the same time, then if you order them correctly (I think) it should pick up the new parameters.

i.e.
    1) first, rewrite new parameters for menu
    2) second, rewrite new text for today line

#2 should trigger a rescan of the registry
    hmm, that didn't seem to be the case. TA updates the plugin text every 2 seconds and the menu wasn't changing.
  6.    #166  
    hmm, that didn't seem to be the case. TA updates the plugin text every 2 seconds and the menu wasn't changing.
    Just tried and it worked...

Is it possible you are just rewriting the same text to the today line?

If you don't actually change the string in the registry, just update it with the same string value, I won't see it. Unfortunately, the WM notification mechanism is based upon a change in registry value, not a write to the registry value.

Are you making the menu context-sensitive based on state?
    That could be. I usually have it set to rotate information in the text line every 4 seconds, but maybe while I was testing the menu I didn't change the text.

Yes, the menu changes based on state. For example I have the menu show "Set Timer On" if the timer is off and "Set Timer Off" if the timer is on.
    Hey zbop, sorry to nitpick, but I notice the bmp in billboard is slightly offset to the right a few pixels from the other today plugins. Is that adjustable? It could just be the bmp's I'm using I guess.

hmm, actually it just looks like the bmp is right justified. If it were centered it would be perfect.
  9.    #169  
    Hey zbop, sorry to nitpick, but I notice the bmp in billboard is slightly offset to the right a few pixels from the other today plugins. Is that adjustable? It could just be the bmp's I'm using I guess.

hmm, actually it just looks like the bmp is right justified. If it were centered it would be perfect.
    No worries, not nitpicking at all

Is the image 16x16?

The bmp is not justified either way, it just maps the image at a specific x,y coordinate within the plugin window. If this isn't aligned with other plugins, I'll definitely adjust it. If on the other hand your image does not use the full 16x16 space, it is sort of up to you to center it within that 16x16 bitmap.

Can you give me an example of another plugin icon (to compare it to) that looks out of alignment?

I'll take a look at this and the other bugs this weekend.
    Ah, nevermind about the icons. I just pulled up the bluetooth icons we are using and they are indeed right justified when viewed in paint. Not your problem.
  11.    #171  
    One thing I did notice is that the bitmap in the plugin changes color when the plugin is highlighted. All of the other plugins don't seem to do this. Is there any way to stop that from happening?
    Sorry hannip, this took longer than I thought, always does, lol.

I was using the default handler for "selectability", which works fine with transparent icons but it doesn't handle transparent bitmaps properly when highlighted, so I had to roll my own... Because of this, the "Selectability" setting in the registry should now be initialized with 2 instead of 1.

i.e.) HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Billboard\Selectability = 2

I also added code to dynamically evaluate the params in the registry, so the popup menus are built on-the-fly
    Awesome zbop! I'll check it out tonight. :-)
    zbop, I'm using v1.07 in TA 8.2 beta 5 and it's working beautifully! Thanks!
    hmm, I just tried with different themes and when the plugin is selected the bmp looks great, but when it's not selected it seems to be mixing in with the theme colors or something. Any way to fix that?
  15.    #175  
    hmm, I just tried with different themes and when the plugin is selected the bmp looks great, but when it's not selected it seems to be mixing in with the theme colors or something. Any way to fix that?
    Yeah... don't do that. j/k

I tried this, but I'm not seeing that behavior. I'm caching the bitmap image and the image mask for transparency, but those are independent of the background so they shouldn't need to updated when you change themes.

Does this only happen when you switch themes while the plugin is loaded? I've tried multiple .tsk files, but can't reproduce it.
    well I was changing it when the plugin was loaded, but not sure it makes a difference. The one theme that is giving me trouble is the Guava Bubbles theme. The blue bluetooth icon shows purple as if the red background color is mixed with the blue.

Edit: I tried unloading and reloading the plugin to see if it made a difference, but it still shows purple. If the plugin is selected it looks perfectly blue.

Edit2: Also the Indigo light blue theme makes the bluetooth blue light blue and very hard to tell if the bluetooth is on or not.
    Last edited by hannip; 07/11/2007 at 12:08 AM.
  17.    #177  
    I'll try installing the latest TA...
  18.    #178  
    I tried TA 8.2 beta 5 with Guava Bubbles & bluetooth ON and I get true blue when selected or not selected, hmmm the plot thickens...
    weird. Guess it's just my treo. I tried it on my 750 and it looks ok too. hmm.

Even weirder is that none of the other icons for the other today plugins are mixing with the theme color like that.
  20.    #180  
    Not that it should matter, but is this your WX or 750?
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast