1.    #141  
    I posted an example on how to set up your DLL here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=18

Look for "DLLExample.zip".
    right on.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    cody-

Any update on using the carrier line for rotating information? I'd love XCast and the message and status lines from TreoAlerts?

Thanks.

--Andrew
    hmm, I may just try to tackle this one if it's ok with Cody. I've been wanting this feature also. One idea I have is to add Xcast as a display option to Treo Alerts and make every display option selectable for carrier line display rotation. I would do this by having a submenu for each display option that lets you.

Replace previous selections
    Add to rotation
    Delete from rotation

What do you think?
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Sounds great! I like add to rotation most. Lots of changing data!
    hey zbop, what's the odds of use getting a second icon in the plugin. I know you've been busy with the leds and all.

i'm afraid people are going to want the blue tooth icon like in the carrier plugin and not use the treo alert plugin.

maybe I should get rid of the treo alert icon in the plugin and replace it with a bluetooth icon. hmmm
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    hey zbop, what's the odds of use getting a second icon in the plugin. I know you've been busy with the leds and all.

i'm afraid people are going to want the blue tooth icon like in the carrier plugin and not use the treo alert plugin.

maybe I should get rid of the treo alert icon in the plugin and replace it with a bluetooth icon. hmmm
    Hey cody, I was planning on holding off on the second icon, until I got v2.0 up and running.

If you use the existing icon feature, you'll need to detect bluetooth on and off, and then replace the icon registry string when they change state. Is there a loop in TA where you can detect these changes? You probably need to add a "Bluetooth settings" to the popup menu as well and launch a shortcut to the appropriate control panel.

To do this right, would probably require the following:
    - additional icon
    - additional menu and param settings for that icon
    - registry "notify" support that allows you specify a certain script is invoked whenever the specified registry setting is changed. This way you don't have to loop checking for it, and you get immediate response.

As long as we can keep the additional logic general-purpose and not specific to bluetooth, I can look into adding it. If I did this, can I anchor the icon to the right side of the today line?
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Billboard v1.0

Check out DLL_Install.mscr to see how it sets up the DLL.

Your killscript ( Script ) Command doesnt work, do you have a fix for this? I keep getting errors that script it still running...
  9.    #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    Your killscript ( Script ) Command doesnt work, do you have a fix for this? I keep getting errors that script it still running...
    Hmmm... I just checked it and it seemed to work fine for me. I also haven't heard from cody that this didn't work. A few questions:

1) What version of MortScript are you running?
    (4.0 tested fine)
    2) Are you running the DLLexample as posted, or is it a modified version of DLLexample?
    3) Have have you moved the locations of the scripts?
    (the example can be installed anywhere, so long as ALL the scripts are in the same directory).
    Hmmm... I just checked it and it seemed to work fine for me. I also haven't heard from cody that this didn't work. A few questions:

(4.0 tested fine)
    2) Are you running the DLLexample as posted, or is it a modified version of DLLexample?
    (the example can be installed anywhere, so long as ALL the scripts are in the same directory).
    Answers:
    1) V. 4.0
    2) YES, failed with error - but did display correct info until I tried to change to time or other PARM, and yes modified.
    3) NO. Same locations, all files are found correctly by script.

Just doesnt Kill the current loop. Do I need to change your Killscript ( Script ) Command in anyway? Doesn't seem to be a valid command. Tried: Kill (Script), which didnt error out, but also didnt work.
    I think Killscript wasn't added until 4.0 RC10. I bet you are using a version prior to that.

(4.0 tested fine)

always worked fine for me.
  13.    #153  
    Man I hate how this forum takes a dump around midnight... the guys in hawaii must hate it, lol.

Anyways, new version posted. I added QVGA support (non-square) and landscape rotation support based on a comment from a Sprint 6800 user.

I only have a square Treo to test with, so I tried it in the emulator and *seemed* to work. If anyone uses it in landscape mode, let me know how it went
    zbop,

i have created a small script and have attached the cab installer below. i am trying to add a today plugin following your examples, and have been unsucccessful. i had hannip look at it and he says it looks like i have done everythign correctly. if you could take a look and hopefully figure out what i did wrong i would be greatful.

thanks so much

jason
    Attached Files Attached Files
  15.    #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom View Post
    zbop,

i have created a small script and have attached the cab installer below. i am trying to add a today plugin following your examples, and have been unsucccessful. i had hannip look at it and he says it looks like i have done everythign correctly. if you could take a look and hopefully figure out what i did wrong i would be greatful.

thanks so much

jason
    Sure, I'll take a look at it. Need to do a little maintenance, just ran out of space
  16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom View Post
    zbop,

thanks so much

jason
    So two things I found. One, the plugin name in the registry key must be the same as the DLL name. There's a long explanation to this, but I'll spare you , they just have to match. There was a note in the instructions above to that effect.

To fix this, I did the following:
    - renamed your DLL to "\Program Files\Wow\Vibrate\Wow Vibrate.dll"
    - modified the following line in your install script,
    RegWriteString("HKLM", KEY, "DLL", "\Program Files\WoW\Vibrate\Wow Vibrate.dll" )

The second thing I did, which I didn't have in the instructions, is that the Line1 parameter must be set to something/anything when the plugin is loaded, otherwise it will skip that Item. So I added this line to your install script:
    RegWriteString( "HKLM", ITEM, "Line1", "test" )

And then it loaded fine. I didn't actually go as far to test it, but it brought up the options when I tapped on your plugin, so it looks good
    Hey zbop, just wanted to let you know that I'm using your 1.06 update in the latest Treo Alerts 8.2 Pro and it's working great! I've even had wowthatisrandom test it in landscape mode on a 6800 and he said it is working perfectly. Good job and thanks for this great plugin!

One thing I did notice is that the bitmap in the plugin changes color when the plugin is highlighted. All of the other plugins don't seem to do this. Is there any way to stop that from happening?
  18.    #158  
    Wow, I just tried it and yeah you're right

On some bitmaps there is almost no difference, and on others certain colors seem to be washed out, I never noticed that before...

I'm surprised because I'm letting the parent handle the selection focus, but it's probably something in the copy background or paint routine in my window handler that needs to be act differently once the highlight is applied, ughh. Glad I don't do this for a living, heheh.

Hope there's no rush on this
    No rush zbop. Thanks!
    worked like a champ!!

thanks zbop!
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast