Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    cool thx.. Billboard sports and billboard stocks.dll coming soon
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    thanks for the example you posted. VERY helpful.

one question... somewhere I thought I saw that the new version was made one handed (dpad) accessible.

was this just a dream or it in the next version(1.05)?
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    thanks for the example you posted. VERY helpful.

one question... somewhere I thought I saw that the new version was made one handed (dpad) accessible.

was this just a dream or it in the next version(1.05)?
    You're welcome!

Uhh, I think you were dreaming, or it was the mushrooms you had for lunch, lol.

You can use the dpad AFTER you do the tap-and-hold thing, but not until after. The one-handed nav is in v1.05 which hopefully I'll post today.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    You're welcome!

Uhh, I think you were dreaming, or it was the mushrooms you had for lunch, lol.

You can use the dpad AFTER you do the tap-and-hold thing, but not until after. The one-handed nav is in v1.05 which hopefully I'll post today.
    i figured out where i heard about the one hand thing.... it was in the pm you (zbob) sent me. lol.

cant wait.

thanks, cody
  5.    #125  
    i figured out where i heard about the one hand thing.... it was in the pm you (zbob) sent me. lol.

cant wait.

thanks, cody
    Hey codeman, just updated with v1.05 which adds the one-handed navigation if you set Selectability=1.

Z.
    question...

is there a way to automatically activate billboard after a softreset?

I don't know if that is worded correctly so here is an example...

if I were using your "my clock" and had it set to time, when I do a softreset the plugin stops at the time I reset.

thanks, cody

ps: love the one handed part of 1.05
    question...

is there a way to automatically activate billboard after a softreset?

I don't know if that is worded correctly so here is an example...

if I were using your "my clock" and had it set to time, when I do a softreset the plugin stops at the time I reset.

thanks, cody

ps: love the one handed part of 1.05
    it's the script that needs to restart itself after a reset, not the plugin...so stick a link to it in \Windows\Startup

8.    #128  
    Yeah, scottymomo is right, the plugin was already restarted.

(1) You can put a shortcut to the script in \Windows\Startup

OR

(2) You can use the "InitScript" registry setting I added in v1.04. If you set this to a startup script, it will automatically run your script every time the today plugin dll is loaded. This ties the today plugin and your script together, so the plugin & script are enabled/disabled in tandem.

Your choice...
    Yeah, scottymomo is right, the plugin was already restarted.

(1) You can put a shortcut to the script in \Windows\Startup

OR

(2) You can use the "InitScript" registry setting I added in v1.04. If you set this to a startup script, it will automatically run your script every time the today plugin dll is loaded. This ties the today plugin and your script together, so the plugin & script are enabled/disabled in tandem.

Your choice...
    ok, I understand option #1. I like #2 better. the only thing is it is something new for me. I don't have version 1.04 anymore. is there a way to get this .... "InitScript" registry setting for 1.05?

could someone please give quick explanation of how it works as well. sorry for the noob response. billboard is too cool to give up on just because I don't understand. must learn.

thanks scotty and zbob,

cody
  10.    #130  
    ok, I understand option #1. I like #2 better. the only thing is it is something new for me. I don't have version 1.04 anymore. is there a way to get this .... "InitScript" registry setting for 1.05?

could someone please give quick explanation of how it works as well. sorry for the noob response. billboard is too cool to give up on just because I don't understand. must learn.

thanks scotty and zbob,

cody
    The InitScript hook is still in v1.05.

From the main post where I have the cab file...

------------------------------
    InitScript (STRING)
    This is the fully-qualified pathname of the script that handles the start and
    stop action of the plugin. If this is set, the specified script will be invoked
    with PARAM=START or PARAM=STOP when the plugin is loaded/unloaded.
    This eliminates the need for having a script in \Windows\Startup and allows
    the script to properly start/stop itself in tandem with the plugin.
    ------------------------------

Unfortunately, I created the example before I added this feature. I should update the example to use an InitScript.

If you installed Silencer, it uses an InitScript. See code below:

Code:
    ITEM       = "Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Silencer\Item1"
    QUOTE      = """"
    MortScript = SystemPath( "ScriptExe" ) \ "MortScript.exe"
    Script     = "\Program Files\Silencer\DatePlusSilencer.mscr" 
    Unsilencer = QUOTE & Script & QUOTE & " PARAM=Unsilence"
    ShowDate   = QUOTE & Script & QUOTE & " PARAM=ShowDate"
    If ( PARAM eq "START" )
        RunWait( MortScript, ShowDate )
    EndIf
    If ( PARAM eq "STOP" )
        Silenced = RegRead( "HKLM", ITEM, "Silenced" )
        If ( Silenced )
            RunWait( MortScript, Unsilencer )
        EndIf
        RemoveNotifications( MortScript, ShowDate )
        RemoveNotifications( MortScript, Unsilencer )
    EndIf
    One thing to consider when choosing between the two options.. if you do option #2, your script will always start/stop when the plugin is loaded/unloaded which might not be your desired behavior...although of course you could add logic to those if statements too which could determine if it actually runs/stops the script or not.

good point scotty. thanks.

I thing the option two is what I will want to use.

zbob. I learn the best from your example. I learned a lot from you "my clock" example. if you would... please up date that so I can figure this out...

thanks guys, cody
  13.    #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    One thing to consider when choosing between the two options.. if you do option #2, your script will always start/stop when the plugin is loaded/unloaded which might not be your desired behavior...although of course you could add logic to those if statements too which could determine if it actually runs/stops the script or not.
    Yep, just depends where you want the point of control. Like I said, your choice...
  14.    #134  
    good point scotty. thanks.

I thing the option two is what I will want to use.

zbob. I learn the best from your example. I learned a lot from you "my clock" example. if you would... please up date that so I can figure this out...

thanks guys, cody
    No problem cody, I'll work on it tonight
    No problem cody, I'll work on it tonight
    thanks. no hurry. It be well worth the wait if you could update the whole "example" folder that you had us put in the program files/billboard folder( my clock). I learned a lot from that.

thanks again, cody
    Last edited by codyppc; 05/14/2007 at 04:47 PM.
  16.    #136  
    I updated the Example script, which now uses the "InitScript" registry setting and I added a few more registry settings in the Post_Install.

I also changed the MyClock example so that it saves the current settings and retrieves them next time (in case you reboot), and replaced one of the bitmaps.
    I updated the Example script, which now uses the "InitScript" registry setting and I added a few more registry settings in the Post_Install.

I also changed the MyClock example so that it saves the current settings and retrieves them next time (in case you reboot), and replaced one of the bitmaps.
    awesome. I have been using the shortcut (example 1) so far but now can learn the InitScript way.

just so you know I am working on the future version of treo alert that will be displayed and set from billboard. I have everything done except individualizing it just for treo alert. I would like to separate it from other people/scripts using billboard. earlier you told scotty to rename the dll and that would separate/individualize it. well there is a lot more to it than that. I am going to open up your cab and see if I can figure out how/where you installed everything hoping to figure it out that way.

is there any chance you could explain this a little for me?

what I would like to see is in the reg spot... microsoft/today/items and spot for "treo alert". there would be all the reg settings for the treo alert plugin. there then would also be in the today screen/plugin list a "treo alert".

I think you made it to where all this is possible. I just can't figure it out yet.

thanks for all your help zbob. you too scotty.

cody
  18.    #138  
    awesome. I have been using the shortcut (example 1) so far but now can learn the InitScript way.

just so you know I am working on the future version of treo alert that will be displayed and set from billboard. I have everything done except individualizing it just for treo alert. I would like to separate it from other people/scripts using billboard. earlier you told scotty to rename the dll and that would separate/individualize it. well there is a lot more to it than that. I am going to open up your cab and see if I can figure out how/where you installed everything hoping to figure it out that way.

is there any chance you could explain this a little for me?

what I would like to see is in the reg spot... microsoft/today/items and spot for "treo alert". there would be all the reg settings for the treo alert plugin. there then would also be in the today screen/plugin list a "treo alert".

I think you made it to where all this is possible. I just can't figure it out yet.

thanks for all your help zbob. you too scotty.

cody
    Cool!

Sure, if you can wait, I'll post a second example that customizes the registry settings for your own dll. I'll also post an example .inf file for the CAB creation which might help (depends on what software you're using). Should be by tomorrow.
    right on. I opeed up the your cab and have almost figured everything out... 20 hours later.

the example you are planing would be great.

thanks, cody
  20.    #140  
    right on. I opeed up the your cab and have almost figured everything out... 20 hours later.

the example you are planing would be great.

thanks, cody
    Heh, why I am not surprised that you didn't wait...

I'm posting the example now.
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast