Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    hmm not really..The screen shot seems to have the blur look yet it,s bright in shiny in real life.I may use the red TA icon hmm not sure.They both look outstanding.The delay the delay in refresh hmm.Z I am not a plugin expert but is there a way to create the same action reaction that is displayed in the carrier bar.Real time fast refresh
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Once you guys tell me the plugin is working okay, I'll disable the disabler.
    it's working great.

disable the disabler please. this is driving me nuts.

or at least send me a copy.lol.

i'm not scared.

cody
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    hmm the sleep sec at 50...Thats intence...maybe 3 sedios a day will keep the treo a play
    that was just to show you there is no problem with the blink. lol
    Sling did you try?

RegWriteString("HKLM", "Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Billboard\Item1", "bmp", "\Program Files\TREO ALERT\X1.bmp")

There has to be a leading-backslash at the beginning of the path.
    ok, I have been unsuccessful as well. I am writing these manually in to the registry.

for bmp I did this... for the string name I put in bmp. no "", no \, no =, just 3 letters. bmp. the path is \Program Files\TREO ALERT\Phone.bmp

I can't get it to work.

I also tried the script thing as well. script meaning tap and hold on plug runs a script.

new string called Script

location path with \Program Files\ect ect.mscr

no quotes, commas, ( ), nothing.

manualy writing these for test purposes I thought would be easy. I guess not. i'm glad I don't claim to know what i'm doing here or anything. i'm just learning.

I can write to the "line1" and get text to show in plugin. lol.

i'm not saying there is anything wrong with the plugin. it's all the user i'm sure.

cody
    Slap the string in a mscr give it a tap and presto the key is created
    the plugin disappeared on me today at some point as an option on the list of today screen plugins. I had set Refresh to 0 but not sure if that was the cause. The plugin was still showing on the today screen but was not updating and couldn't add/remove it until I soft reset
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    ok, I have been unsuccessful as well. I am writing these manually in to the registry.

for bmp I did this... for the string name I put in bmp. no "", no \, no =, just 3 letters. bmp. the path is \Program Files\TREO ALERT\Phone.bmp

I can't get it to work.

I also tried the script thing as well. script meaning tap and hold on plug runs a script.

new string called Script

manualy writing these for test purposes I thought would be easy. I guess not. i'm glad I don't claim to know what i'm doing here or anything. i'm just learning.

i'm not saying there is anything wrong with the plugin. it's all the user i'm sure.

cody
    Hey cody, sorry I've been slammed all day...

I'll put together an example and post it up.
  8.    #108  
    it's working great.

disable the disabler please. this is driving me nuts.

or at least send me a copy.lol.

i'm not scared.

cody
    Yeah I can send one without the disabler. I think I still have your email somewhere.
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    the plugin disappeared on me today at some point as an option on the list of today screen plugins. I had set Refresh to 0 but not sure if that was the cause. The plugin was still showing on the today screen but was not updating and couldn't add/remove it until I soft reset
    Scottymomo, I saw some funny stuff going on today too, I may have a bug in those latest changes.

Things were working perfectly and then it just stopped updating for some reason, or was updating slow like the registry notifications weren't working correctly. I'll take a look, I'll probably need to roll back and slowly roll forward, lol.
    One other minor thing..need a couple pixels of padding on the left hand side as text is right up against the left edge of the screen

11.    #111  
    One other minor thing..need a couple pixels of padding on the left hand side as text is right up against the left edge of the screen
    No prob, I'll align it with the rest of the plugins.
  12.    #112  
    Scottymomo, I saw some funny stuff going on today too, I may have a bug in those latest changes.

Things were working perfectly and then it just stopped updating for some reason, or was updating slow like the registry notifications weren't working correctly. I'll take a look, I'll probably need to roll back and slowly roll forward, lol.
    Okay, I'm officially an *****, I couldn't even follow my own instructions

In my haste to put together an example for Cody, I put together a script that did a RegWriteString rather than a RegWriteDWord to the Refresh value, effectively writing an ASCII '0' instead of the VALUE 0, which explains all the weirdness I was seeing. Whenever I double-checked the registry via, it would show "0" so I couldn't figure out what was going on !?! Well ASCII '0' is value 48, so anyways instead of it updating immediately, it would only change every 48 seconds *sigh*
  13.    #113  
    If you want to use Billboard, I'd recommend that you first start with the "Example.zip" attached in the link below:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...13#post1245813
    Last edited by zbop; 05/14/2007 at 01:00 AM. Reason: moved example
  14.    #114  

I can't get it to work.

new string called Script

cody
    Hey cody, I found a bug in the Param handling that may have been causing you problems. Try the example I just posted.

Z.
  15.    #115  
    New version posted. Added new setting "InitScript" for starting/stopping scripts and removed the reboot safeguard.
    Hey cody, I found a bug in the Param handling that may have been causing you problems. Try the example I just posted.

Z.
    thanks zbob. i will play this weekend. thanks for the new version.
    Zbop, is there a way to disable/enable the plugin via registry changes? I see that you can set Active and Enabled to 1, but that from what I could see didn't impact the plugin actually showing up/removing it on the today screen...however, if I set Enabled to 0, then go to Today preferences and then back to the Today screen, it disappears.

Anyway to refresh the today screen without doing it that way?

Basically looking for a way for a user to enable/disable the plugin directly from my MortScripts....oops, think I found it...testing...

EDIT -- Yep, got it

If(UseBillboard = 0)
    RegWriteDWORD ("HKLM","SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\Billboard","Enabled", 1)
    RedrawToday
    UseBillboard = 1
    Message("Billboard Today Plugin Active")
    Else
    RegWriteDWORD ("HKLM","SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\Billboard","Enabled", 0)
    RedrawToday
    UseBillboard = 0
    Message("Billboard Today Plugin Inactive. Using Carrier Line")
    EndIf
    Last edited by scottymomo; 05/07/2007 at 05:41 PM.

Another question...shouldn't some of the options like Param1, Param2, color etc be made available under each Item that you have? Especially for Param1 and Param2, etc, if there are different scripts for different things writing to the plugin, you might want different tap and hold options depending on what's being displayed currently...

EDIT -- duh, yes, those items go under Item1.. I assume then one could have Item1, Item2, etc?
    Last edited by scottymomo; 05/07/2007 at 06:20 PM.

19.    #119  
    Zbop, is there a way to disable/enable the plugin via registry changes? I see that you can set Active and Enabled to 1, but that from what I could see didn't impact the plugin actually showing up/removing it on the today screen...however, if I set Enabled to 0, then go to Today preferences and then back to the Today screen, it disappears.

Anyway to refresh the today screen without doing it that way?

Basically looking for a way for a user to enable/disable the plugin directly from my MortScripts....oops, think I found it...testing...

EDIT -- Yep, got it

If(UseBillboard = 0)
    RegWriteDWORD ("HKLM","SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\Billboard","Enabled", 1)
    RedrawToday
    UseBillboard = 1
    Message("Billboard Today Plugin Active")
    Else
    RegWriteDWORD ("HKLM","SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\Billboard","Enabled", 0)
    RedrawToday
    UseBillboard = 0
    Message("Billboard Today Plugin Inactive. Using Carrier Line")
    EndIf
    Hey Scotty, yeah you got it, quicker than I could answer

BTW, the "Enabled" value is not mine (I don't look at it or act upon it) this is a standard WM5 registry entry for all today plugins and when you call RedrawToday it will rescan all the Today Items.
  20.    #120  
    Another question...shouldn't some of the options like Param1, Param2, color etc be made available under each Item that you have? Especially for Param1 and Param2, etc, if there are different scripts for different things writing to the plugin, you might want different tap and hold options depending on what's being displayed currently...

EDIT -- duh, yes, those items go under Item1.. I assume then one could have Item1, Item2, etc?
    Yes, that's how it was designed, however I'd recommend that you don't use it that way (Item2..ItemN that is) anymore.

Initially I created the plugin so that it would handle multiple scripts each possessing their own today line space, but they would share the same today plugin instance.

But if you really want to be independent, I'd suggest renaming the billboard.dll (call it scottymomo.dll if you want) and then set up your own registry entries. If you share the plugin with some other script, then you have to deal with dependency issues like what if Billboard is already installed, what if they want to swap the position of the lines (i.e. Alert on Bottom, sports on top), etc. If you just use Item1 for yourself and do the renaming .dll trick, you are completely independent. They can enable/disable whichever Mortscript plugins they want from the Today settings control panel and then place them wherever they want.