Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kinger2 View Post
    Just did, that was it. Sorry, should have read the whole thread. JD thanks for the help and for Xcast. Zbop thanks for the help and quick reply. By the way no problem on the threadjack
    You're quite welcome.

I will admit, that the version you have and the version that exists now are WORLDS apart. The current version has many more features that no one uses.

Take her for a spin. There are at least 2 hidden funnies in the code and its ouput.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    You're quite welcome.

I will admit, that the version you have and the version that exists now are WORLDS apart. The current version has many more features that no one uses.

Take her for a spin. There are at least 2 hidden funnies in the code and its ouput.
    Hmmm, are we talking easter eggs here?
    Jd, I was looking at the latest one tonight, might have to try it out tomorrow. Zbop didn't really get to say, but thank you for this plugin. Just what I needed. I use Xcast all the time and didn't have anywhere to put . Using Slings Treo Alert and my script for the free memory. If you haven't had a chance, try Treo Alert it's awesome. By the way thanks to you and JD for helping me with my Free Memory script.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    zbop, you make very good points. If you add support for multiple icons that can change I don't think there is a need for blinking text.

Sling, what do you think? PhoneAlarmish icons for TA?

Hey zbop, are you going to add skinning to your plugin?
    BTW, either method you still have the blinking text, the existing TA code would blink just fine as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Hmmm, are we talking easter eggs here?
    Yep. One is easy to find (it's in TheForceCast... a small tribute to my Mother and Mort, who have one thing in common). The other is not so obvious and will only manifest itself if the PRECIP cooperates.

JDC
    icons/blink what every makes sence and can be built in the current plugin giving scripts more options works for me To build outside the plugin to some how pull a blink effect that can also be used for icons hmmm thats a winner as well...There has got to be way to right into the script to create a blink effect within the plugin.
  7.    #67  
    Cool. I'm not trying to say use one or the other, just giving you more options... I added the code for the registry notification/immediate updates last night but didn't get a chance to compile and test yet. It should be later tonight.
  8.    #68  
    Well here's the rub. Underneath, this is really a hack, it isn't an API or message passing interface where they can "call" functionality. If MortScript were extendable (extensible), that might be easy to do. Right now, to make things callable would require an additional command-line utility which would not be very efficient for frequent updates. Or did I completely miss what you were suggesting?

Z.
    Well, I was snooping around on Mort's forum last night and guess what, I found out that he implemented a "back door" type of interface to applications in 4.01.
    You can send a windows message (WM_COMMAND) to applications directly, although the mechanism only allows for a single integer to be passed (no strings in other words).

Still, this could be useful later on, hmmm...
    Ah, I forgot about that! Using the WM_COMMAND would be perfect.

The script could write the string to the registry and then send a WM_COMMAND to your plugin to tell it there is a new entry to display. No polling needed.
    Well, I was snooping around on Mort's forum last night and guess what, I found out that he implemented a "back door" type of interface to applications in 4.01.
    You can send a windows message (WM_COMMAND) to applications directly, although the mechanism only allows for a single integer to be passed (no strings in other words).

Still, this could be useful later on, hmmm...
    Could you provide a link to this? I was just looking for this functionality today!

Edit: Found it: http://mort.sto-helit.de/forum/viewt...2cf6dd2d1#5453

Thanks for the heads-up, the command is 'sendcommand'
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Could you provide a link to this? I was just looking for this functionality today!

Edit: Found it: http://mort.sto-helit.de/forum/viewt...2cf6dd2d1#5453

Thanks for the heads-up, the command is 'sendcommand'
    Yeah that's the one funkster.

You know, just thinking out loud here... if someone actually had Platform Builder source for WM5, there is ALL kinds of things you might be able to figure out how to do now *hint hint*. I mean, I don't have source, but someone else might

And at the very least, you might not have to rely on sendkey usage anymore, which can be unreliable for the following reasons:

-timing dependent
    -menus are sometimes "context" dependent (they change)
    - some keys cannot be emulated or can't be emulated when in non-canonical mode.

Like I said, it's a "back door" of sorts, so be careful

Z.
    Cool. I'm not trying to say use one or the other, just giving you more options... I added the code for the registry notification/immediate updates last night but didn't get a chance to compile and test yet. It should be later tonight.
    cool...looking forward to the outcome.
    Z i picked up the bmp zip,Droped a 16x16 in a folder,Created bmp string in line1 with path...No icon visible.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Z i picked up the bmp zip,Droped a 16x16 in a folder,Created bmp string in line1 with path...No icon visible.
    Did you use line1 or bmp?

i.e.) text goes here:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Billboard\Item1\Line1 = "Battery: 95%"

bmp goes here:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Billboard\Item\bmp= "\Myscript\battery.bmp"

If Line1 is empty, I think it skips the display.

Can you post the registry entry? And if we can't figure it out, post the .bmp file.
    sure..A little late at 1AM est.I will post tommrow or heck this afternoon.
  16.    #76  
    The "immediate update" changes are now working, so it's more or less compatible with the carrier line behavior.

If you change the bmp setting or the Line1 registry settings, the display is immediately updated.

I'll let it run overnight and if my phone isn't smokin' in the morning, I'll post the cab.
    The "immediate update" changes are now working, so it's more or less compatible with the carrier line behavior.

If you change the bmp setting or the Line1 registry settings, the display is immediately updated.

I'll let it run overnight and if my phone isn't smokin' in the morning, I'll post the cab.
    right on. i have safe boot, backup points, and insurance. i'm not scared. lol. post that baby.
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    right on. i have safe boot, backup points, and insurance. i'm not scared. lol. post that baby.
    That's the spirit

Testing went fine so I'll put it up in a sec...
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    will it work on the 750? Thanks!
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross View Post
    will it work on the 750? Thanks!
    Good question. Hmm... it should.

There is nothing 700w/700wx specific about it, but it's never been tested on a 750, or at least I haven't tried it.

Z.
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast