Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Z very very cool man.Thanks my friend
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Cool! Perhaps if necessary you can create separate plugins for our apps if folks want to display data from multiple apps simultaneously?
    See my last post, I didn't want to get into the business of releasing custom plugins for each script , so I made sure it'll work for multiple scripts independently.

I'll post the instructions once you guys get a chance to test drive it and see if there are any required bug fixes or enhancements.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Z very very cool man.Thanks my friend
    No problem sling. BTW, because of your extended functionality in Treo Alert, you may have a "special needs" script (no pun intended, lol).

If the plugin doesn't do what you need, just talk to me and we'll see if we can't make some changes. I wanted to keep the first version pretty simple.
    Very smooth display f,sure.The refresh blink of the pending is at a crawl using the 5.2 TA but let the tweaking begin
    Awesome zbop! The tap and hold menu options is a nice added feature. Is there also a way to perform single click action on the plugin?
    This is sweet
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Awesome zbop! The tap and hold menu options is a nice added feature. Is there also a way to perform single click action on the plugin?
    Thanks!

Sure it can, but right now I don't do anything with it, implementors prerogative

Personally, I find it annoying if the single-click invokes an infrequently used feature because it ends up *accidentally* popping up more than you intentionally wanted it. I'd prefer that it's used for a "quick-toggle" type of action, but in any case the single click could be added for something else.

We'll see where it goes...

Z.
  8.    #28  
    Hey guys, sorry I fixed an error in the example... Where it said "Text1", that should have been "Line1".
    I knew there was something wrong there hehehe
  10.    #30  
    I knew there was something wrong there hehehe
    Yeah, if only I could compile my posts, it would have spit out an "undeclared variable error"
    Question,Am I missing something
    The TA 5.2 peding Mcal= 1 blinks when receaved.The Blink is at a snails pace.I set the plugin refresh at 10 and still get the same results.Is there a way around that delay?
  12.    #32  
    Question,Am I missing something
    The TA 5.2 peding Mcal= 1 blinks when receaved.The Blink is at a snails pace.I set the plugin refresh at 10 and still get the same results.Is there a way around that delay?
    Sling, sorry I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't installed Treo Alert yet. What exactly is the blink and how does it work? How quickly is it supposed to blink? And how do you implement blink? Is it by writing a line of text, writing a blank line, then rewriting the line of text?

If you make multiple changes to the registry line, it'll only see the last one when the registry is scanned. If you need real-time changes to appear on the display, I'll have to add to code to be notified on registry changes rather than polling.

Right now you can change the interval down to 3 seconds (which is the current minimum), but I don't know enough about how you update the content to answer your question...

Z.
    When you receave a miss alert/Pending
    Mcall=1 Vmail SMS=1 Email=1 blinks when pending with count =??.
    The blink for the pending is set around 800 yet in the plugin it,s more like 10000 to 15000
    Example,

# start notification check loop
    While ( 1 )

H = RegRead ("HKLM", "System\State\Phone", "Signal Strength", )

B = RegRead ("HKLM", "System\State\Battery", "Percentage", )

S = RegRead ("HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\TREO ALERTS","STATUS" )

VMc= RegRead ( "HKCU", "System\State\Messages\vmail\Total\Unread", "Count" )
    If (VMc > 0)
    VM = (" V-Mail ")
    Else
    VM = (" ")
    EndIf

MCc= RegRead ("HKCU","System\State\Phone", "Missed Call Count" )
    If (MCc > 0)
    MC = (" Mcall= " & %MCc%)
    Else
    MC = (" " )
    EndIf

SMSc= RegRead ("HKCU","System\State\Messages\sms\Unread", "Count" )
    If (SMSc > 0)
    SMS = (" SMS= " & %SMSc%)
    Else
    SMS = (" " )
    EndIf

EMc = RegRead ("HKCU","System\State\Messages\TotalEmail\Unread", "Count" )
    If (EMc > 0)
    EM = (" Email= " & %EMc%)
    Else
    EM = (" " )
    EndIf

t = (%VMc%+%MCc%+%SMSc%+%EMc%)

If ( t > 0 && Z = 1)
    WriterString = %S% & " "
    EndIf

If ( t > 0 && Z = 2)
    WriterString = %S% & %VM% & %MC% & %SMS% & %EM%
    EndIf

If (t = 0)
    WriterString = %S% & " Treo Alert Pro : " & "Bat= " & %B% & "%"
    EndIf

RegWriteString "HKLM","Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Billboard\Item1","Line1", %WriterString%

# wait SleepSecs seconds
    Sleep( SleepSecs * 350 )

If (Z = 1)
    Z = 2
    Else
    Z = 1
    EndIf

EndWhile
    Last edited by slingbox; 04/24/2007 at 03:38 PM.
  15.    #35  
    Hah, I wondered where that while loop started, lol.

Okay, I get it, it looks like you loop once a second (or less) and alternate text strings to implement the blink. Right now it doesn't matter how often you update the registry, I only scan it and refresh at the defined interval.

The "simple" fix is to make the minimum one second or 500ms. My code is fairly efficient and it only updates the display if there have been any changes, but it would probably add some drain on the battery. You haven't noticed any additional battery usage by looping like that? Just curious...

I could also implement a blink-effect so you wouldn't have to loop like that, but I'd prefer not to.

The right fix is to let you guys "push" changes on-demand by getting notified on registry changes. I'm not sure how tough it is to add, I'll take a look tonight.

Z.
    Oh noooes, better be careful zbop.

Maybe you could support two types of writes to the display. Direct vs Registry polled. For the TA blinking status it probably makes sense to do direct and not rotate the reg entries until the direct writes are dismissed. Just my 2 cents.

Edit: A blink effect option on direct write would save battery like Sling suggests. Then the script can just make one call to start the status blink and one call when notifications are dismissed to stop it. Ok, that makes 3 cents.
    Last edited by hannip; 04/24/2007 at 04:07 PM.
    No battery drain is present so we have found in the WX/W
    The 750 is a different story though because of the smaller weaker battery.

When it come to adding the blink-effect that would be the way to go.The battery saving across the device board would be increased substantially.Line1can be replace by line 2 when pending is present..going into the setting of the plugin adjusting the time blink display...This could be used on many scripts in the future f,sure
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Oh noooes, better be careful zbop.

Maybe you could support two types of writes to the display. Direct vs Registry polled. For the TA blinking status it probably makes sense to do direct and not rotate the reg entries until the direct writes are dismissed. Just my 2 cents.
    That's what I was thinking... For most scripts, they just update the content and want it refreshed occasionally. For ones that reflect active status of something, I was gonna punt and let them take the control. It would be either-OR.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    That's what I was thinking... For most scripts, they just update the content and want it refreshed occasionally. For ones that reflect active status of something, I was gonna punt and let them take the control. It would be either-OR.
    Sounds good, but the same app could use both methods right? For example TA blinks when notifications are pending, but shows a more static message when notificatoins are dismissed.

Edit: I guess it doesn't matter. Either go direct or use the reg like you said.

Don't worry Sling, I'm just using your app as an example.
    Hey Zbop,
    I ended up putting Xcast in the new plugin. The problem I am having is it seems like it updates all of the weather info, but the time stays at 10a. Did I miss something in updating the Xcast mscr? By the way this is awesome.
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast