Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 LastLast
    By the way, Zbop, how to make the left and right navigation keys do something when your plugin is highlighted?

Thanks
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    anybody still here? 2 posts in 4 days.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    i have a queston....

how come this dont work?

Code:
    #get info

SubParamZipCode1 = RegRead( "HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Xcast", "ZipCode1" )

### plugin tap choices###

If ( SUBPARAM eq SubParamZipCode1 )
    	RegWriteString ("HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Xcast","ZipCode", ZipCode1 )
    CallScript( myPath \"Xcast.mscr" ) 
    	Endif
    for example... when a user put in a new zip code i have it change the param1,1. this shows up in the submenu just fine. my problem is the "control script" doesn't seem to want to compare variables very well. at least it doesn't want to work with my numeric variables.

i dont see this as a billboard issues as much as maybe a mortscript error. i know, i know, it's probley another user error. it has been a long time since i wrote a script. tring to get back into it.

thanks, cody

PS: i dont see anyone who used this submenu thing. that the best part of the 1.09. did everyone just want the menu cycle thing?

update: i cant get any of my "If ( SUBPARAM eq _____ ) to work. what am i doing wrong. i read the instructions. 3 times.
    Last edited by codyppc; 01/04/2008 at 02:28 PM.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    I need zbop to port the billboard plugin for smartphones since I don't think (based on limited trying) that it can work out of the box on a smartphone)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i have a queston....

how come this dont work?

Code:
    #get info

SubParamZipCode1 = RegRead( "HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Xcast", "ZipCode1" )

### plugin tap choices###

If ( SUBPARAM eq SubParamZipCode1 )
    	RegWriteString ("HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\Xcast","ZipCode", ZipCode1 )
    CallScript( myPath \"Xcast.mscr" ) 
    	Endif
    for example... when a user put in a new zip code i have it change the param1,1. this shows up in the submenu just fine. my problem is the "control script" doesn't seem to want to compare variables very well. at least it doesn't want to work with my numeric variables.

i dont see this as a billboard issues as much as maybe a mortscript error. i know, i know, it's probley another user error. it has been a long time since i wrote a script. tring to get back into it.

thanks, cody

PS: i dont see anyone who used this submenu thing. that the best part of the 1.09. did everyone just want the menu cycle thing?

update: i cant get any of my "If ( SUBPARAM eq _____ ) to work. what am i doing wrong. i read the instructions. 3 times.
    i have comfirmed it is not a user error. i wrote a test script and found that the "If ( SUBPARAM eq _____ )" just doesn't work. the "If ( PARAM eq _____ ) work just fine. this makes all the "param1,1" and so on useless.

i have comfirmed the numeric thing is working just fine. so for now i am on hold unless i want to just use the 1.09 version just for the menucycle thing. but i want the sub's

zbop... i need ya buddy. i want to come back and play mort agian.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  6.    #286  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i have comfirmed it is not a user error. i wrote a test script and found that the "If ( SUBPARAM eq _____ )" just doesn't work. the "If ( PARAM eq _____ ) work just fine. this makes all the "param1,1" and so on useless.

i have comfirmed the numeric thing is working just fine. so for now i am on hold unless i want to just use the 1.09 version just for the menucycle thing. but i want the sub's

zbop... i need ya buddy. i want to come back and play mort agian.
    Cody, I verified that the SUBPARAM variable is getting set and passed properly with v1.09. When you said it doesn't work, what was the value of SUBPARAM? Can you put a Message() statement in to debug it?
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    I need zbop to port the billboard plugin for smartphones since I don't think (based on limited trying) that it can work out of the box on a smartphone)
    Any chances on getting a version for smartphones??? I'll help test (or anything else) if needed.

Scottymomo was going to make a smartphone version of his Pocket SportsCenter with it
  8.    #288  
    Quote Originally Posted by kwdunn View Post
    Any chances on getting a version for smartphones??? I'll help test (or anything else) if needed.

Scottymomo was going to make a smartphone version of his Pocket SportsCenter with it
    Unfortunately, right now I just don't have the cycles to work on a smartphone version, and it isn't a simple modification to get it working

If my schedule lets up, I'll be in touch though, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Unfortunately, right now I just don't have the cycles to work on a smartphone version, and it isn't a simple modification to get it working

If my schedule lets up, I'll be in touch though, thanks!
    Scotty has a working version of Pocket SportsCenter working for smartphones (minus the today screen plugin). Any chances you'll get some time to work a smartphone today screen plug-in??

Just wondering,
    Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    G
    3) D-PAD Menu cycling

This allows you to implement a next/previous feature that will automatically advance and select next menu item. This is useful if you set up different "views" of your plugin, which the user can cycle through by pressing the DPAD left or right. To enable this feature, set the following registry entry to a non-zero value.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Billboard\MenuCycle = 1 (DWORD, default value is 0)

Note that this value should reflect the active menu state at the time the plugin is loaded. For example, if the default state (view) at the time your plugin is loaded corresponds to the first menu item, you can simply leave the value as 1.

If however, you save the user's view such that the next time the plugin is loaded, the state is not equal to the first menu item, you should update the MenuCycle value to the appropriate index into the menu. For example, lets say in you menu you allow the user to choose between:

1) Battery
    2) Memory
    3) Storage
    4) Signal

And let's say the current view is "Storage". If your plugin saves this choice and the next time your plugin is loaded you display a "Storage" view, then the MenuCycle value should be initialized to 3. Note, this value is only read at the time the plugin is loaded, from then on Billboard will maintain the menu state internally.

EDIT: uploaded new test version
    * fixed bug where single tap no longer works
    * fixed bug where after the first menu drop down, menu cycling would kick in even if MenuCycle was not enabed.
    Ok, here's one for you... I've gotten a request for Menu cycling for PocketSportsCenter where using right/left would cycle through the scores manually rather than waiting X seconds for the next score to appear. I can populate all the scores into menu items, but then I also have menu items for starting/stopping updates, pausing, launching the main app etc... so...

Any way to choose which menus to cycle through? For example, say my menu structure was:

Activate
    Deactivate
    Pause
    Launch Main App
    Score 1
    Score 2
    Score 3
    etc...

I'd like to enable menu cycling for menus 5-X so that menus 1-4 aren't included and would only be available by tap and select...

And I know this has been asked repeatedly zbop, but I'd be willing to pony up some cash if you could get a smartphone version available to us. It doesn't have to be as fancy for my purposes. All I need it to do is display the registry entries and allow the d-pad left right to make selections. (plus a menu for selecting items) I've made notes on all my downloads that they are NOT for use on smartphones, but I still inevitably get the "I have this on my Q and it doesn't work... I hate you... you don't know how to write programs!"
    Do smartphones have a carrier line we can write to that's big enough in the interim?

Per our PMs, a smartphone carrier line might be big enough. Now as far as where the carrier line registry is, I don't think it is like the PPC (i.e);
    'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Software\Microsoft\Ril\CarrierName

In looking around I found;
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RIL\OperatorNames

But there are no values in there to change. Maybe someone else can help?

Any signs of zbop?
    Yep, I messed up the reg entry (didn't mean to add System in there)... See if this reg key exists.. otherwise, you might have to do a reg search for AT&T and see which ones might be applicable...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\State\Phone\Current Operator Name

Yep, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\State\Phone\Current Operator Name
    is there and it's set to AT&T
    Quote Originally Posted by kwdunn View Post
    Yep, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\State\Phone\Current Operator Name
    is there and it's set to AT&T
    Change it to kwdunn, go back to your home screen and let me know if the change affects it...

Ok, I'm having problems editing this registry value (I have edited other values). I tried changing the AT&T, but it won't let me save that change (I use SmartReg 2.1).

I have made other registry edits such as HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Shutdown\Wav
    It allows me to do that no problem. Not sure what I am doing wrong
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hi zbop,

Sorry to dust off this old thread...

I'm new to this forum but a regular over at xda. I stumbled onto your billboard.dll and absolutely love the possibilities. I have several plugins already in use - working within batterystatus!

I do have a question about the refresh of items.

It seems that there must be a limit on how many lines will cycle through at the refresh rate. Is that true? For example, in item1, I have over line1, line2 ... throught line10 - but only the first 5 get shown - over and over. I've tried several changes but can't get all lines to cycle through.

Any tips or hints ?

Many thanks!
    Unfortunately zbop is MIA. I hope he comes back to make an appearance sometime cuz I have some bugs for him to fix also.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Unfortunately zbop is MIA. I hope he comes back to make an appearance sometime cuz I have some bugs for him to fix also.
    thanks for letting me know. Perhaps you know whether or not there is a limit on the number of lines that get 'cycled' through when using refresh=n (not the menucycle)?