Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617 LastLast
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    ok, i got it. silly me. i renamed the dll "xcast" and not "Xcast".

ok, now for my first real question. how does this D-PAD Menu cycling thing work. i didnt even put it in the reg yet and i allready see it selecting the next param from the plugin choices. i would like to use this to say cycle between the 3 different zipcodes and leave the rest of the plugin choices to be accessed from the plugin tap. not sure if this is how this is suppose to work or not. it this just a shortcut to one of the plugin params or can i use it different? how come this D-PAD Menu cycling works when "MenuCycle" isnt even in the reg yet?

could you explain this a little more for us noobs?

thanks, cody
    Yeah, that's a bug. I'll fix it in a bit.

It's implemented as a shortcut to the params. See perasite's original request earlier in this thread.

Hah, Cody I don't think you can pull the "I'm a noob" bit anymore, lol.
    I think you've graduated by now
    z, with the previous version, I could single tap or use the dpad with selectability = 2.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #243  
    hey z,

couple of question for version 1.8...

1. how hard would it be to get the plugin to say 40 pixel height for two line of text that would allow one 32x32 icon? with the xcast plugin having 48 icons that change with the weather, it would be cool to display a larger icon.

2. any chance we could get other icon formats to display other than bmp. there are a lot of cool icons out there. hard to find cool bmp icons.

question/requests for version 2.0

1. any chance on getting the plugin to split up into sections. like 1/4 maybe. for example... battery | memory | storage | temperature or like phone alarm... email | sms | v mail | missed calls . each being able to be tapped. when you tap email it could take you to your email, tap missed calls a it would take you to your call history. each having it's own icon as well.

i know i ask a lot. i just dont know what's possible and whats not. you seem to be able to do it all. lol.

anyhow, thanks z.

cody
    1) I'd like to defer any more formatting changes until 2.0. The reason is that everyone will want something different. If I allow two lines someone will want three. If I add a 40 pixel with 32x32, someone else will want 32 pixels with 24x24. I just want to write the code once and let you guys format it through the registry without having to make changes to the code anymore. But that requires a little more work on my part, which is why I told Sling, 2.0 would probably be a rewrite (at least partially).

2) I'm pretty sure you can load a .gif or .jpg as well as a .bmp. Give it a try.

You can also convert using MS Paint, it's not that hard, just load it in Paint and save it as a .bmp.

Regarding the 2.0 request, yeah that would be doable if it ever gets done. You would simply define a series of today screen objects such as:

Plugin\ScreenHeight = 40
    Plugin\Object1\Type = "Image"
    Plugin\Object1\File = "\Program Files\Xcast\icons\map.jpg"
    Plugin\Object1\Coord = "5,10"
    Plugin\Object1\Action = "Popup Menu"
    Plugin\Object1\Params = "Precipitation,Temp,Humidity"

And you could choose different type of objects such as image or text, and different actions such as pop-up windows, menus, execute scripts, etc. You would define where you want it placed and as long as it fits, it doesn't matter what size.

But it's all theory right now, no code, lol.
  4.    #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    z, with the previous version, I could single tap or use the dpad with selectability = 2.
    Oh, okay, single-tap. Sorry for some reason I assumed you meant tap-and-hold.

Lemme look into that, I probably broke it when I added the left/right code, oops
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Hah, Cody I don't think you can pull the "I'm a noob" bit anymore, lol.
    I think you've graduated by now
    lol
    1) I'd like to defer any more formatting changes until 2.0. The reason is that everyone will want something different. If I allow two lines someone will want three. If I add a 40 pixel with 32x32, someone else will want 32 pixels with 24x24. I just want to write the code once and let you guys format it through the registry without having to make changes to the code anymore. But that requires a little more work on my part, which is why I told Sling, 2.0 would probably be a rewrite (at least partially).

2) I'm pretty sure you can load a .gif or .jpg as well as a .bmp. Give it a try.

You can also convert using MS Paint, it's not that hard, just load it in Paint and save it as a .bmp.

Regarding the 2.0 request, yeah that would be doable if it ever gets done. You would simply define a series of today screen objects such as:

Plugin\ScreenHeight = 40
    Plugin\Object1\Type = "Image"
    Plugin\Object1\File = "\Program Files\Xcast\icons\map.jpg"
    Plugin\Object1\Coord = "5,10"
    Plugin\Object1\Action = "Popup Menu"
    Plugin\Object1\Params = "Precipitation,Temp,Humidity"

And you could choose different type of objects such as image or text, and different actions such as pop-up windows, menus, execute scripts, etc. You would define where you want it placed and as long as it fits, it doesn't matter what size.

But it's all theory right now, no code, lol.
    version 2.0 sounds way to cool. cant wait. sounds a lot like skin phone alarm and weather panel.

i can load png formats but the transparent part doesnt work. i can convert with many different programs. the problem is when you convert you loose thing in the format. like the transparent. it took a lot of work to get the 255,0,255 on to a converted png to bmp. i have over 10 versions of the ones i got for xcast. it would have been nice if the pngs that came with weather.com SDK would have worked. thay were suppose to be transparent but on the device i got a white background.

anyhow, i dont mind waiting. azs if i have a choice. lol.

anything good takes time.

if it helps.... dont worry about everyone else request. just mine. you may never be able to make everyone happy. lol.

thanks z for everything, cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  7.    #247  
    I replaced the v1.08 billboard.dll with a new test version:
    * fixed bug where single tap no longer works
    * fixed bug where after the first menu drop down, menu cycling would kick in even if MenuCycle was not enabed.

Note, I also found a bug where if you use multiple lines with multiple bitmaps, every bitmap except for the first one has a problem with the color transparency when it is highlighted. Seems to be the same problem hannip found before.
  8.    #248  
    version 2.0 sounds way to cool. cant wait. sounds a lot like skin phone alarm and weather panel.

i can load png formats but the transparent part doesnt work. i can convert with many different programs. the problem is when you convert you loose thing in the format. like the transparent. it took a lot of work to get the 255,0,255 on to a converted png to bmp. i have over 10 versions of the ones i got for xcast. it would have been nice if the pngs that came with weather.com SDK would have worked. thay were suppose to be transparent but on the device i got a white background.

anyhow, i dont mind waiting. azs if i have a choice. lol.

anything good takes time.

if it helps.... dont worry about everyone else request. just mine. you may never be able to make everyone happy. lol.

thanks z for everything, cody
    Yeah, converting or resizing/resampling tends to throw off the transparency. This is where having photoshop skills comes in handy.

If you have an original weather.com icon that isn't working correctly, post it and I'll take a look at it.
    thanks z. installing now.
    Last edited by codyppc; 09/04/2007 at 08:36 AM.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    working good. thanks
    Last edited by codyppc; 09/04/2007 at 09:48 AM.
    yep, tapping working well now...

I can look into the dynamic resizing, how large are we talking about (I hope not as big as your time display!) Note, that even if I did it, the icons are not going to resize with it.

I like the idea of the left/right scrolling! I assume that when you say scroll, it really means "auto-select prev/next item in the popup-menu" correct? This works wells for menus that implement views, but depending on the menu, this may not be desired and may even be unwanted behavior. So if I implement this, it will be an option based on a registry toggle. I'll look into this too.
    Hey z, any chance of submenu support? so PARAM1 for example could have PARAM1A and PARAM1B, The user would tap or select the plugin choose the first menu item and be able to navigate with the D-pad to it's sub menu?

With a single level menu structure, if you want to provide lots of options that list is going to get long..being able to group the menus into sub menus would be cool (was thinking of this for Pocket StockCenter, having a Charts menu option with submenu options for 1 day, 5day, 3 month, etc)...

thanks!

Hey z, any chance of submenu support? so PARAM1 for example could have PARAM1A and PARAM1B, The user would tap or select the plugin choose the first menu item and be able to navigate with the D-pad to it's sub menu?

With a single level menu structure, if you want to provide lots of options that list is going to get long..being able to group the menus into sub menus would be cool (was thinking of this for Pocket StockCenter, having a Charts menu option with submenu options for 1 day, 5day, 3 month, etc)...

thanks!
    hmmm, nice idea.
  14.    #254  

thanks!
    Yeah, I looked into it when I first did Billboard, and I remember thinking it was going to be a major pain, so I punted.

Adding static submenus to a normal program is fairly easy, but adding dynamic submenus to a today plugin is another matter. Once I'm done with the next version of the youtube plugin I'll revisit it.
    cool thx

Well, z, I realize you posted this for us about 3 weeks ago, but since I've been swamped at work, I just now got a chance to try it. It's fantastic! Thanks for the changes.
  17.    #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by perasite View Post
    Well, z, I realize you posted this for us about 3 weeks ago, but since I've been swamped at work, I just now got a chance to try it. It's fantastic! Thanks for the changes.
    Hah, I rushed to get that out and it took you 3 weeks to notice!!

Anyways, just be aware that there is that 1 display bug still which I haven't taken care of yet, but otherwise it should be functional.
    No, I noticed right away, but the only other guy in IT at my office quit and I got swamped! It works great, though.
    zbop,

I think that I may have discovered a bug in your billboard plugin. I am using the most current version (1.08) as well as Perasite's PeraCount 1.0. Everything works correctly except when I issue a command to redraw the today screen (i.e. Mortscript RedrawToday command), at which point the plugin is stopped correctly but is not restarted. I must use the "check missed calls" or other Param to restart the plugin.

(Cingular 8125, Billboard 1.08, PeraCount 1.0)
  20.    #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbeckman View Post
    zbop,

I think that I may have discovered a bug in your billboard plugin. I am using the most current version (1.08) as well as Perasite's PeraCount 1.0. Everything works correctly except when I issue a command to redraw the today screen (i.e. Mortscript RedrawToday command), at which point the plugin is stopped correctly but is not restarted. I must use the "check missed calls" or other Param to restart the plugin.

(Cingular 8125, Billboard 1.08, PeraCount 1.0)
    Could be...

Can you elaborate on what you mean by the "plugin is not restarted?" Are you talking about the Billboard plugin not being restarted, or the "InitScript" not being called again with the START parameter?