Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 LastLast
    good deal
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Fantastic! I'm using an Apache, and helmi_c just released WM6 for us, so I'm screwing with my phone right now and will hopefully have it ready to test with once you release.
  3.    #223  
    Guys heres a test version of v1.8. Once I've got some confirmation that this works ok, I'll move it to the main post. The attached file is billboard.dll, I assume you know what to do with it

The following features have been added in v1.08

1) Multi-line support

To display multiple lines in your plugin, set up "Item2" .. "ItemN" in the registry, and initialize "Nitems" to the number of items. For example, the following entries define a 3-line display:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Billboard\Nitems = 3 (DWORD, default value is 1)
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Billboard\Item1\Line1 = "Battery: 95%"
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Billboard\Item2\Line1 = "Program Memory: 28MB free"
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Billboard\Item3\Line1 = "Storage: 13MB free"

Additionally you can set Bold, Fontsize, or bmp per item, but the Script, Exe and Param registry entries are only valid in Item1.
    (yeah I know the terminology between Item and Line is a bit confusing, but originally the design did something else. If there is a v2.0, I'll probably have to redo the registry structure anyways).

2) Automatic plugin resizing based on font size.

You now have greater freedom to change your font size, as Billboard will automatically resize the plugin to make room for it. I have tested font sizes 7 through 25 for the default font. Note that if you use multiple lines, you should keep the font sizes the same for all items. Currently there may be formatting issues if you mix large font sizes with small font sizes.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Billboard\Item1\Line1 = "8:25 PM"
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Billboard\Item1\Fontsize = 25 (DWORD, default value is 8)
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Billboard\Item1\Bold = 1

3) D-PAD Menu cycling

This allows you to implement a next/previous feature that will automatically advance and select next menu item. This is useful if you set up different "views" of your plugin, which the user can cycle through by pressing the DPAD left or right. To enable this feature, set the following registry entry to a non-zero value.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Billboard\MenuCycle = 1 (DWORD, default value is 0)

Note that this value should reflect the active menu state at the time the plugin is loaded. For example, if the default state (view) at the time your plugin is loaded corresponds to the first menu item, you can simply leave the value as 1.

If however, you save the user's view such that the next time the plugin is loaded, the state is not equal to the first menu item, you should update the MenuCycle value to the appropriate index into the menu. For example, lets say in you menu you allow the user to choose between:

1) Battery
    2) Memory
    3) Storage
    4) Signal

And let's say the current view is "Storage". If your plugin saves this choice and the next time your plugin is loaded you display a "Storage" view, then the MenuCycle value should be initialized to 3. Note, this value is only read at the time the plugin is loaded, from then on Billboard will maintain the menu state internally.
    Last edited by zbop; 11/14/2008 at 01:44 AM.
    Z can Bmp icons be added within plugin... if not is that going to be in play anytime soon?
    With that display we could light up some of these great mort apps giving a PA or Weather Panel look.
  5.    #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Z can Bmp icons be added within plugin... if not is that going to be in play anytime soon?
    With that display we could light up some of these great mort apps giving a PA or Weather Panel look.
    Are you asking if multiple bitmaps can be added anywhere within the plugin space? If so, the answer is no. Although, you can add a bmp per-line with multiple lines in your plugin space.

I started working on that a long time ago, but ended up working on TreoLED and then started working on the youtube plugin (it's that adult A.D.D. I tell ya).

Sling, you said you looked at RlToday before, it didn't do what you needed?
    never a big fan of RlToday.It carries to much weight.Your plugin on the either hand is very lite with zero conflict.
  7.    #227  
    Yeah, I've heard that, but I know that alot of people are running it...

I can take a look into adding more stuff into billboard, but it might take awhile. I've got alot of work queued up at this point I did the v1.08 changes because they were relatively minor, but allowing full control over the plugin space may require a rewrite.

Aren't you guys revved up on EVC yet?
    OK, I'll freely admit I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box, so what's EVC?
    thanks z. now time to play.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Yeah, I've heard that, but I know that alot of people are running it...

I can take a look into adding more stuff into billboard, but it might take awhile. I've got alot of work queued up at this point I did the v1.08 changes because they were relatively minor, but allowing full control over the plugin space may require a rewrite.
    I know how the work build up thing goes.Ive been slammed as well.When time permits the Z plugin upgrade will be greatly appreciated .The sky's the limit on what we can pull off in mort land with such a plugin tool.

Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Aren't you guys revved up on EVC yet?
    hmm ive been revved up on W O R K....to much of it to play as I should
  11.    #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by perasite View Post
    OK, I'll freely admit I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box, so what's EVC?
    Embedded Visual C++
    ok, i played a little last night and today and cant get it figured out. here is what i did....

1) i created a new dword in my already existing key called xcast... i called it "Nitems"... HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Xcast\Nitems. it has a dword value of 3 (decimal)

2) i created a two new keys under my exitsing xcast key. i called them "Item2" and "Item3". under each of those two new keys i made 4 new values. two strings called ""bmp" and "Line1". two dwords "Bold" and "Fontsize". o kept the bold at 1 and fontsize at 8. both set at decimal. the bmp and Line1 i gave different values.

3) i then cabed this up and installed to test it. i got just one line of text.

what did i do wrong? since the "Item2" and "Item3" cant use the Script, Exe and Param registry entries i didn't put in the string "Exe", Params", or "Scripts".

I also noticed a new string under the key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\Xcast called "STEmbedded" with no value set. should i be doing something with this.

thanks z for all your hard work and help. it feels like christmas everytime you release something new.

cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    here is my cab file for you to review. i make all my reg entries in the cab itself to start/set the plugin. there are no files in this cab and shouldn't be installed. this is just for you (zbop) to open up and see what i have done wrong.

thanks, cody
    Attached Files Attached Files
  14.    #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    here is my cab file for you to review. i make all my reg entries in the cab itself to start/set the plugin. there are no files in this cab and shouldn't be installed. this is just for you (zbop) to open up and see what i have done wrong.

thanks, cody
    Cody, are you sure you took the new billboard.dll I attached and installed it as Xcast.dll?

I installed your cab file, and then copied my new billboard.dll to \Windows\Xcast.dll and it worked fine for me (of course, no bmps or scripts, but I did get the 3 line display with your strings).
    I checked that first. even though it was renamed it has the exact date and time modify as your new version. I though that it was the same. if you say it works and you think everything looks good I will replace the dll like you say.

thanks, cody
    stembedded is used by SPB diary in mycase to indicate which tab the plugin is located..assume mobile shell works the same way...

zbop, I can't seem to tap this plugin to get the menu up. navigating via Dpad and selecting works. I have selectability set to 2
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    ok, i got it. silly me. i renamed the dll "xcast" and not "Xcast".

ok, now for my first real question. how does this D-PAD Menu cycling thing work. i didnt even put it in the reg yet and i allready see it selecting the next param from the plugin choices. i would like to use this to say cycle between the 3 different zipcodes and leave the rest of the plugin choices to be accessed from the plugin tap. not sure if this is how this is suppose to work or not. it this just a shortcut to one of the plugin params or can i use it different? how come this D-PAD Menu cycling works when "MenuCycle" isnt even in the reg yet?

could you explain this a little more for us noobs?

thanks, cody
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post

zbop, I can't seem to tap this plugin to get the menu up. navigating via Dpad and selecting works. I have selectability set to 2
    i was just going to ask this same question. then i seen scotty had the same problem. glad to see it's not just me.

thanks scotty for the stembeded thing
    hey z,

couple of question for version 1.8...

1. how hard would it be to get the plugin to say 40 pixel height for two line of text that would allow one 32x32 icon? with the xcast plugin having 48 icons that change with the weather, it would be cool to display a larger icon.

2. any chance we could get other icon formats to display other than bmp. there are a lot of cool icons out there. hard to find cool bmp icons.

question/requests for version 2.0

1. any chance on getting the plugin to split up into sections. like 1/4 maybe. for example... battery | memory | storage | temperature or like phone alarm... email | sms | v mail | missed calls . each being able to be tapped. when you tap email it could take you to your email, tap missed calls a it would take you to your call history. each having it's own icon as well.

i know i ask a lot. i just dont know what's possible and whats not. you seem to be able to do it all. lol.

anyhow, thanks z.

cody
  20.    #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    stembedded is used by SPB diary in mycase to indicate which tab the plugin is located..assume mobile shell works the same way...

Scotty, to use the tap-and-hold, it should be set to 0.

0 = Not selectable, not one-handed, use tap-and-hold to bring up menu.
    1 = Invalid selection
    2 = Selectable, one-hand navigation, use center dpad to bring up menu.