Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks zbop.

Here is an animated gif of the screens. The first 4 frames, starting with Device Storage are the scrolling options. Fast = 2 second delay, Normal = 4 second and Slow = 8 second. Frame 5 is the selection menu, and Frame 6 is the Single Line option. The battery icon is animated. As your battery decreases, the bar on the battery goes down as well.
    westronic, why not use the small PHM screensaver app and assign it to the side button?

zbop, I think I would want users to be able to set the number of lines they want to display, especially when used with something like SPB Mobile Shell or diary etc that have multiple tabs on the today screen. based on the # of lines, I would display that many scores/quotes at once (someone also requested conference/division standings. Autowrap probably not necessary. Any time you can get to it is fine (flash radio support in your other work would be very cool too in your other little endeavor
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by perasite View Post
    Thanks zbop.

Here is an animated gif of the screens. The first 4 frames, starting with Device Storage are the scrolling options. Fast = 2 second delay, Normal = 4 second and Slow = 8 second. Frame 5 is the selection menu, and Frame 6 is the Single Line option. The battery icon is animated. As your battery decreases, the bar on the battery goes down as well.
    That's a nice, clean plugin there! You can't even tell there's MortScript underneath it

By any chance did you check out rltoday to see what kind of plugins you can create with that? Just curious....
    Thanks zbop.

Nice build perasite.
    nice icons. where did you get them?
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Google
    I found a PDA pic, memory stick pic, and sd card pic and just resized them. The battery icon is left over from the slidelock experiment.
    Thanks for the comments, guys. They mean a lot coming from the gurus.

Zbop, I've got plans for a few more things, and that multiline option would be great. Also, I've got a problem where, in the new version (now called PeraStats) I have the option to change fontsize. When they select the new fontsize from the menu, the scrolling stops and they have to reselect the scrolling option. Is there anything in the "Refresh" reg entry that might allow me to avoid that problem, or can you suggest something in mortscript that might allow me to re-start it without them having to re-select. I've attached my current code.

Sorry to go off topic here. I'll gladly start a new thread if you'd like.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Well, persistence has paid off. I figured out my problem.

Back on topic.
  8.    #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    westronic, why not use the small PHM screensaver app and assign it to the side button?

zbop, I think I would want users to be able to set the number of lines they want to display, especially when used with something like SPB Mobile Shell or diary etc that have multiple tabs on the today screen. based on the # of lines, I would display that many scores/quotes at once (someone also requested conference/division standings. Autowrap probably not necessary. Any time you can get to it is fine (flash radio support in your other work would be very cool too in your other little endeavor
    Okay, shouldn't be too tough, I'll see what I can get done this week. The only snag might be changing the dimensions of the plugin while it's loaded.

Regarding the flash radio support, yeah I looked into it, and I think I can add support for the majority of flash radio stations in one shot, but it requires some minor changes to either TCPMP or the flash plugins. I'm looking for a way to avoid that if possible.
    zbop, I've had requests for a larger font size, but can only get to 10 before it doesn't fit properly. Way back at the start of this thread you mentioned that you had not implemented dynamic resizing. Has there been any thought into implementing that? Also, regarding selectability. Right now, I have multiple options for scrolling the items through. I'd like to give people a "manual scroll" option. In other words, dpad down to the plugin, then left and right causes it to scroll from Param1 to Param2. Could this be done?
  10.    #210  
    zbop, I've had requests for a larger font size, but can only get to 10 before it doesn't fit properly. Way back at the start of this thread you mentioned that you had not implemented dynamic resizing. Has there been any thought into implementing that? Also, regarding selectability. Right now, I have multiple options for scrolling the items through. I'd like to give people a "manual scroll" option. In other words, dpad down to the plugin, then left and right causes it to scroll from Param1 to Param2. Could this be done?
    I can look into the dynamic resizing, how large are we talking about (I hope not as big as your time display!) Note, that even if I did it, the icons are not going to resize with it.

I like the idea of the left/right scrolling! I assume that when you say scroll, it really means "auto-select prev/next item in the popup-menu" correct? This works wells for menus that implement views, but depending on the menu, this may not be desired and may even be unwanted behavior. So if I implement this, it will be an option based on a registry toggle. I'll look into this too.
    For dynamic resizing, I'm thinking possibly 1.5 times the current size. If it were possible to center the icon within the resized field, then icon resizing wouldn't matter.

For the left right scrolling, you've got the idea. I was thinking maybe Selectability=2 (as it is currently) allows you to dpad down to the item and do as currently done, and then Selectability=3 (for example) would turn on the left, right action to activate the next item in the menu.

Thanks for considering these things.
  12.    #212  
    For dynamic resizing, I'm thinking possibly 1.5 times the current size. If it were possible to center the icon within the resized field, then icon resizing wouldn't matter.

For the left right scrolling, you've got the idea. I was thinking maybe Selectability=2 (as it is currently) allows you to dpad down to the item and do as currently done, and then Selectability=3 (for example) would turn on the left, right action to activate the next item in the menu.

Thanks for considering these things.
    Sounds reasonable

In regard to "Selectability", since this is a Windows Mobile registry value with well-defined semantics, I'll just use a new registry value instead.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll let you know when I have something ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Selectability (DWORD)
    - Indicates whether to use one-handed navigation for the plugin. If Selectability=2, the popup
    menu can be issued by a single-click or using the DPAD center key. If Selectability=0, a
    tap-and-hold action must be used to bring up the popup menu. The default value is 2.
    i just noticed this when checking out scottys work. i have used a 1 instead of a 2 for a long time. what is the difference between 1 and 2?

thanks, cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Sorry for the off-topic post, but does anyone know what theme is being used by perasite in post 201: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=201

If anyone can tell me the name or help me track it down, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks!
    I can... the .tsk is a crossbow theme I picked up at PPCgeeks.com. The Wisbar Advance 2 theme is a self-customized version of the AERO Vista theme found at Lakeridge forums.
    I can... the .tsk is a crossbow theme I picked up at PPCgeeks.com. The Wisbar Advance 2 theme is a self-customized version of the AERO Vista theme found at Lakeridge forums.
    You wouldn't happen to have any links would you? Thanks a lot mate, I appreciate it!
    Sick! thank you!
  18.    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i just noticed this when checking out scottys work. i have used a 1 instead of a 2 for a long time. what is the difference between 1 and 2?

thanks, cody
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...ion_api_topic2

Initially I had Selectability=1 as the way to specify one-handed navigation (this means that the Today Screen manages the focus), but the Today screen doesn't properly handle transparent bitmaps, a bug that hannip found.

Therefore I had to switch to Selectability = 2, and implement the code to handle focus myself.

What this means to you is... if you are using Selectability = 1, you may notice that your bitmaps are off-color when selected.
  19.    #220  
    scottymomo, perasite,

I've got the new stuff mostly implemented, but will do a little more tweaking tonight before I post it.
    (this is the multi-line support, automatic plugin resizing for font sizes, left/right dpad menu-cycling).
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast