1.    #1  
    As you know the system setting on a Verizon phone is Automatic B. This looks for Verizon carrier...then the roam list for other B carriers.
    The 700w defaults to "Home" each time you power up and/or reset.
    Do you use Home or Auto B?
    Found a Palm blurb that says when set at Home, the 700w is really in the Auto B, and shouldn't be changed.
    Comments? Thoughts?
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
    As you know the system setting on a Verizon phone is Automatic B. This looks for Verizon carrier...then the roam list for other B carriers.
    The 700w defaults to "Home" each time you power up and/or reset.
    Do you use Home or Auto B?
    Found a Palm blurb that says when set at Home, the 700w is really in the Auto B, and shouldn't be changed.
    Comments? Thoughts?
    Thanks.
    You have to change it manually after every reset. I've never heard of that palm blurb...sounds like bs to me. I have plenty of roaming problems on "Home" setting outside DC and when I switch to auto B, they go away and I get a signal.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  3.    #3  
    I agree, and do the same. Then I saw this:
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...m_External2001
    worth a try. thanks.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  5.    #5  
    Please keep me posted.
    Thanks
    I ran the program/reset, but I won't be in an area where I have/had to switch over for a few weeks.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Ran into this porblem some time ago. After consulting withy Verizon technical support, I did a hard reset after backing up my Treo 700W, reloaded the backup and have not had a problem since. The home setting does, in fact, automatically put you on the preferred Verizon network setting. I travel all over the country and have not had a problem since.
  8.    #8  
    Notice if anything else was obviously reset or changed after doing this radio reset?
    Palm has an unreleased software version for the Verizon 700w and the 700wx... it is supposed to address the problem of a Treo picking up the signal from another carrier even if the preferred Verizon signal is present. I am testing it right now for Palm, using Automatic B, and haven't had a problem yet of picking up another network when Verizon is present... hopefully this release will address problems that any of you are having... It should be certified by Verizon by June with a roll out soon thereafter...
    When I purchased my Treo 700W in February, I too went and explored my phone settings. Home Auto A and Auto B. I always knew my previous phone were on the B side of things. The Tecnician was utterly amazed that a customer knew the differences betweeen the settings. After a bit of time chatting with Sales rep., one of the more knowlegeable techs got into the conversation. A service bulletic had been issued telling the techs that everywhere was now the home area. There really are no roaming charges in the US anymore with all the 3rd party contracts and such. So your phone can stay in the home mode. I travel extensively. No problems with my 700w in this mode. Too bad tech support did not know at the time of my discovery. We changed out the phone 3 times. Hope that helps. BTW, keep your PRL updated. I *228 option 2 about every two weeks.
  11.    #11  
    I guess what I'm looking for is the answer to this question:
    In the past, when set to "home" a phone only sees Verizon signal, and ignores others. In the "Auto B" setting, it looks first for Verizon, then for other B carriers on the PRL.
    Just what is our Treo doing on the "Home" setting?
    Sure, maybe the network is so dense there's always a Verizon signal, but I'd like to know what it's doing.
    Thanks everyone.
    Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvroadman View Post
    When I purchased my Treo 700W in February, I too went and explored my phone settings. Home Auto A and Auto B. I always knew my previous phone were on the B side of things. The Tecnician was utterly amazed that a customer knew the differences betweeen the settings. After a bit of time chatting with Sales rep., one of the more knowlegeable techs got into the conversation. A service bulletic had been issued telling the techs that everywhere was now the home area. There really are no roaming charges in the US anymore with all the 3rd party contracts and such. So your phone can stay in the home mode. I travel extensively. No problems with my 700w in this mode. Too bad tech support did not know at the time of my discovery. We changed out the phone 3 times. Hope that helps. BTW, keep your PRL updated. I *228 option 2 about every two weeks.
    The problem, however is/was that in the Home setting it ignores other signals, so roaming isn't really the issue. I would have no signal in home, switch to B and instantly get a signal.