Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i would try to help you out but i have never used a mortscript before
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Nething New On This Topic?
    Quote Originally Posted by benjimatt View Post
    i would try to help you out but i have never used a mortscript before
    Mortscript isn't that hard to learn actually. The homepage with forum can be found here...
    http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...ew&action=view

And 2 Mortscript forums that I know of...
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=289197
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91

Quote Originally Posted by sfld View Post
    Nething New On This Topic?
    I'm working on it.

EDIT:
    The part of the script that works well is reading the \windows\rings and outputting into a file and also determining the number of songs in the file. Each song is also being placed in an array.

The only problem I'm having with now is how to create a random number (within Mortscript) up to x, with x being the total number of MP3 files found.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 04/19/2007 at 02:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Thanks. What I was planning is, to check if the phone is in call status (or maybe ringing as you suggested). If it is, then wait until disconnected. Once it has disconnected, change ringer.
    You could even simplify things by randomly setting the ringtone, say, every 5 minutes regardless of whether the phone is ringing or not...since the script needs to run continuously anyway, there's no reason you have to set the random ringtone at the point when the phone is ringing.

As for reg entries, also look at:

HCKU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0

I think that is the default for all callers

There's also

HKCU\Control Panel\Sounds\KnownCallerRing0

Note: These might be different depending on the device. These reg entries are some that I have from my 750.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Thanks Scotty. I thought about that, but I was concerned what will happen if the phone is still ringing, while the app changes the ringtone.

I wonder if it's possible to have a different ringtone, for each ring, instead of changing the ringtone after each new call.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Thanks Scotty. I thought about that, but I was concerned what will happen if the phone is still ringing, while the app changes the ringtone.
    I'm pretty sure it won't pick up the change until afterwards..only reason I say this is that I was fooling around previously with setting the ring volume to 0 while the phone was ringing, and it didn't have any effect.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    you could also "randomly" choose the song based on the current timestamp, like n mod timestamp where n is the number of songs to choose from.
    Yes, that was my original thought. The problem was, if I used seconds and have less than 60 songs, what would I do? I started a thread on my little dilemna here, which SURUR, was able to help me out. I'm currently using his idea with the script.
    Script is almost completed. I'm just having trouble reading the ini file.
    yay
    The test program I created does everything, except changes the registry. I commented it out and displayed a message in it's place to make sure that portion is working. The only thing now, I found several registry entries on my Treo 700wx, where the ringer file is used so I need to make sure I edit the correct ones.

Known Caller:
    HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\Phone
    Wave=

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\PlmORingTone1
    Sound=

Unknown Caller:
    HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{93395D1D-1E98-4784-9AD2-F236BE9BF32E}
    Wave=

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\PlmORingTone2
    Sound=

Roaming:
    HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{58CA00A1-FE18-4ABC-8A5A-78B0F5661848}
    Wave=

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\PlmORingTone3
    Sound=

The ones with the { } registries will probably be more difficult, because I have to make sure they are the same on all devices. But as I mentioned earlier, I'll work on the known caller, since it easier for now.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 04/20/2007 at 04:50 PM.
    I also used Scotty's idea of just randomly changing the ringer, currently at about 60 seconds.

It appears that the Treo 700wx and 750 have different locations for the ringers.
    OK. I have the 1.0 beta completed. It has been tested on my Sprint 700wx using Mortscript 4.0 and Mortscript 4.0 (RC10).

On initial startup, Menu option allows you to start app or create the settings file. Settings file contains the default ringtones. The script will use all .mp3, .wav, & .mid in the \Windows\Rings. This location can be changed within the script.

It has only been tested on a Treo 700. It may or may not run on a 700w. I will still need more info to make it run on a 750. If you are running on your a device and you notice the ringtones not changing every 60 seconds and are familiar with registries keys and would like to help me out, please me me.

To install, just copy the cab file to your PPC and click on it. The installation will create a shortcut in the Programs menu.

To uninstall, be sure to start the app and select restore settings on the menu. Then you can remove the script (Settings > System > Remove Programs) from your device.

I still need to work on:
    1. Capability to work on Treo 750
    2. Have a separate ringtone for Known caller, Unknown caller, and Roaming. Right now, the script uses the same ringtone for each.

The developers discussion thread can be found here...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh....php?p=1243713

Mortscript.exe must be installed and registered on your device
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 04/21/2007 at 10:56 AM.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Im not sure if its creating the ini or not, when i startt he app it warns me that it might not work for this device (700w).. then on top it says the .ini cant be found? so i just click on ringtone randomizer.. upon calling my fone the ringtone changed from what it was before. but i dont think its changing every 60 seconds?
    Quote Originally Posted by sfld View Post
    Im not sure if its creating the ini or not, when i startt he app it warns me that it might not work for this device (700w).. then on top it says the .ini cant be found? so i just click on ringtone randomizer.. upon calling my fone the ringtone changed from what it was before. but i dont think its changing every 60 seconds?
    Hmmm. Ok, that was I was afraid of. It's probably running, but the ringtone registries are not the same on the 700wx compared to the 700w. It's doing no harm to your system. How familiar with you with registries? Maybe you can help me search out where the registry keys for the ringtones. PM me if you find it or if someone else is familiar with registries and has a 700w, please PM me.
    well its working for me. hey thanks.
    It should be functional on a 750, but the 700w appears not to be.

When the app first starts, it checks for the settings ini file, if it does NOT exist, it goes through a set of menu items allowing you to create the ini file or start randomizing the ringtones.

If the settings ini file DOES exist, then the script will allow you to either restore back the original ring tones or start randomizing the ringtones.

I put some checks in the script...

1. If the device is 700wx, then run, otherwise warn you, since it was only tested on a 700wx. The script will still run after the warning.
    2. If the ringtone folder, default is \windows\rings, does not exist, then warn you and exit.
    3. If there is less than 2 songs in the ringtone folder, warn you and exit the script. There is nothing to randomize with less than 2 songs.
    4. If the script is not found, then display a notification and exit the script. This was mainly for my use, since the app continuosly goes through a loop, there was no way I knew of to quit it. So by placing the script on an SD card and running it, all I had to do was pop out the SD card, to stop the script. I guess on a future release, I can make the menu selection one script and the looping to randomize, another script. So I can add a menu selection to do kill the other process.

I still need to verify the 700w registries for Known caller, Unknown caller, and Roaming. So hopefully I can find a volunteer who is familiar with registries.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12