1.    #1  
    What could be the reason for my treo 700wx to be so slow to respond when I try to access programs like calendar or contacts and other applications? I have 15 mb or storage free and 37 mb of programs free. I use Memmaid to clean the memory and still runs very slow. Are there any programs known to cause that?

Thanks for the input.
    What apps are running? Go to \Windows\Startup and list all the apps in here.
    Yeah I have the same delay problem with my 700wx. Hit the little red phone button to light up the screen. Wait. My OCD-driven impatience causes me to hit it again -- maybe the Treo didn't feel it the first time. D'oh! A momentary flash of light on the screen and I realize I just told the Treo to turn off the screen. Hit it again. Wait. Ahhh. There it is. Hit center button of D-pad and nirvana.

Yeah, I have the same delay problem with my 700wx. Someone calls me. Hit the little button with the green phone on it. Hello? Hello? Hello? Dead silence but the screen says I'm on a call. Hit the F-ing wing-shaped left menu button below the word "answer." Wait. There they are. Nirvana.

Wait a minute. I'm raving all over TC about the fabulosity of the 700wx? Scratch that! I'm going to give it to my wife and take her 650!
    Ok, I never got a reply on my question about this....

If I go to \Windows\Start Up..... are those the apps that are currently running??? If so, will removing them from that folder free up RAM???

Someone please give me some insight on this one.

JC
    Mine started to do that about a week ago. Not all the time, but I will close down everything and it still takes forever to open up a program. I will click on contacts and it will just do nothing for a while and I mean nothing and then open up. And then somtimes I have no problems with it. Cant figure it out. Tried soft resets, closing down all apps, still does it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jchrist View Post
    Ok, I never got a reply on my question about this....

If I go to \Windows\Start Up..... are those the apps that are currently running??? If so, will removing them from that folder free up RAM???

Someone please give me some insight on this one.

JC
    No, that's your startup folder. Those programs may in fact be running, but all you're doing is looking to see if there's anything that's automatically loading that you don't necessarily want to. To see what programs are loading, and to look at your available memory, hold the OK button (if you didn't remap any of the keys). Or just go into Settings | Memory to check it out.

If you're having memory issues, you may want to start closing programs you're not using. A great (and simple) way to do this is with some sort of 3rd party task manager. There are many out there. I personally use DinarSoft's HandySwitcher, and I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    Mine started to do that about a week ago. Not all the time, but I will close down everything and it still takes forever to open up a program. I will click on contacts and it will just do nothing for a while and I mean nothing and then open up. And then somtimes I have no problems with it. Cant figure it out. Tried soft resets, closing down all apps, still does it.
    What changes have you made to your device in the last week? You may have a lot of notifications/temp files/etc. Download pmClean from http://pocketmax.net/redial.html Clear out your dup notifications and other things and see if that fixes the problem. I have it run silently in the background on every startup to keep me running smoothly. I'm a fan of this (free) software.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    No, that's your startup folder. Those programs may in fact be running, but all you're doing is looking to see if there's anything that's automatically loading that you don't necessarily want to. To see what programs are loading, and to look at your available memory, hold the OK button (if you didn't remap any of the keys). Or just go into Settings | Memory to check it out.

If you're having memory issues, you may want to start closing programs you're not using. A great (and simple) way to do this is with some sort of 3rd party task manager. There are many out there. I personally use DinarSoft's HandySwitcher, and I like it.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I do that religiously, "running programs shutdown", to save memory. I also run SPB today plugin and oxios memory which helps recover ram leak.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    What changes have you made to your device in the last week? You may have a lot of notifications/temp files/etc. Download pmClean from http://pocketmax.net/redial.html Clear out your dup notifications and other things and see if that fixes the problem. I have it run silently in the background on every startup to keep me running smoothly. I'm a fan of this (free) software.
    I downloaded pmClean directly to my Treo, but it doesn't seem to do anything. When I start it via programs, it shows 18 notifications. I check the box, click Cleanup', and nothing. I exit out, enter again and it still shows 18 notifications. How do you have it set up?
    Palm IIIxe --> Palm 505 --> Kyocera 6035 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700wx
    are ya'll using wisbar advance 2? my treo started doing the same thing and im using WA2
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=791
    i posted this issue in another thread and the answer i got was hidelogo was causing it but i removed it but didnt make any difference.. there is a list of what programs i have installed and i always have 25meg+ of ram at all times due to me closing the apps when i am done with em..
    Quote Originally Posted by typo View Post
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=791
    i posted this issue in another thread and the answer i got was hidelogo was causing it but i removed it but didnt make any difference.. there is a list of what programs i have installed and i always have 25meg+ of ram at all times due to me closing the apps when i am done with em..
    I had very similar slowliness and symtoms before with my Treo 700WX like most of you have described above, but I have eventually identified the root cause of my problem and have it resolved. See my post #20 at http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=141054 and my solution at http://www.ppcgeeks.com/viewtopic,p,41648.html#41648

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Cheers,
    Tony
    SF, CA
    my temp folder is empty... I'm gonna try to uninstall stuff i dont need, i do have alot running on the today screen..
    Honestly, my wx is becoming a huge POS. I'm still having a huge lag (about 5 seconds) with my keyguard every single time. Sometimes I pull it out and it's logged on, but I don't use the internet so I'm paying for it by kb or however it works. So what's the point of the keyguard if the effing thing doesn't protect it? I think the lag has something to do with me running Spb Pocket Plus, but others have not had this problem.

I'm on my last nerve with it, and a click away from just eating the ET fee and buying an 8525.

Beyond annoyed.
    i had pocket plus, shell,weather,diary and wa2 to name my today screen plug ins and recently installed VZW wireless sync and every thing was lagging and locking up 2 to 3 times a day.. hard reset today and installed spb backup and memmaid gonna run that a few days and then each day or so add till i figure out what is causing it on my phone...