Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. dooks88's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
       #1  
    I'm sure this has been discussed before but looking for some specifics. My company just installed an exchange server. Will this enable push to my treo 750? Is active sync my only option? Will it also sync my calendar and contacts. Also, how stable is everyone finding this to be. I am seeing a ton of "problem" theads regarding activesync/exchange. Thanks for the help.
    Cingular 750
  2. #2  
    Your Exchange Server will push email to your 750 faster than it hits your workstation. Your Exchange Server will also sync -- over the air -- changes to Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks.

    At least mine does.

    I have absolutely no probs with over the air sync. Now. Cabled up to my computer through that utterly unreliable USB wire thingee? I sometimes have problems. Funny, that.
  3. dooks88's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Your Exchange Server will push email to your 750 faster than it hits your workstation. Your Exchange Server will also sync -- over the air -- changes to Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks.

    At least mine does.

    I have absolutely no probs with over the air sync. Now. Cabled up to my computer through that utterly unreliable USB wire thingee? I sometimes have problems. Funny, that.
    thank you for the info.
    Cingular 750
  4. #4  
    I'm trying to connect 6 devices to our exchange server and they don't connect.

    Have spent many hours trying to figure it out and still no luck, can you share your setup with the rest of us?
  5. #5  
    I think Exchange Server 2003, SP2 is the first essential. After that my IT guy (700w on VZW) said he just enabled something in Exchange Server, which unfortunately I do not know. I think it has the word Mobile (duh) in the name of the module/feature/whatever but that computer is a scary black box to me.

    His description of the task made it sound like relatively quick work for someone who has banged about on an Exchange Server. Wish I could help. If you're in Southern Calif. I could introduce you to Pat.
  6. #6  
    Dirt Devil - roll over to www.windowsmobile.com and you'll find tons of resources on how to get EAS up and running. White papers, setup info - it's all there.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    Dirt Devil - roll over to www.windowsmobile.com and you'll find tons of resources on how to get EAS up and running. White papers, setup info - it's all there.
    Thanks, will go there to take a look.

    Have spent almost 2 days on this and can't make it work.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    I think Exchange Server 2003, SP2 is the first essential. After that my IT guy (700w on VZW) said he just enabled something in Exchange Server, which unfortunately I do not know. I think it has the word Mobile (duh) in the name of the module/feature/whatever but that computer is a scary black box to me.

    His description of the task made it sound like relatively quick work for someone who has banged about on an Exchange Server. Wish I could help. If you're in Southern Calif. I could introduce you to Pat.
    Could you ask Pat what he did? I wish I could meet him but I'm far away.
  9. #9  
    JohnnyMac,

    Looked at the MS site but can't find anything regarding the Exhange setup.
  10. #10  
    pat is an outside IT guy I pay by the hour to make our company's systems run.

    If your company does not have a person on staff with EXPERIENCE (not 'I am smart and I can figure this out') with Exchange then they should hire one or you should question the basic business intelligence of the owner. If they don't hire one go look for another job because your boss is a dolt.

    I am sure there are people like Pat in your city. MS certifies them. That is a start. Pat is down the hall in my office building. That is important to the health of our business and IT systems.

    Seriously, go spend money on a smart person. This is mission-critical stuff. How much time have you spent already? What are you paid per hour? Is futzing with Exchange really a lot of fun?
  11. webedc's Avatar
    Posts
    492 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #11  
    Check these two URL's out for setting up Exchange:

    A summary type of article:
    http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/20...03/424028.aspx

    (Actually Exchange 2003 SP2 or above would do push emails without extra setup. Simply follow the article above and scroll to "Configuring Direct Push on the Server" to ensure that "Enable Direct Push over HTTP(s)" box is checked).

    Very technical article:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sol...oy/msfp_c.mspx

    BTW, if you can check your email using Outlook Web Access at home (via a browser that is), you should be able to get pushed emails. If not, you should fix that problem first. Also, a common problem is the SSL certificate. Try turning off SSL at the Treo and see if it goes through. If it does, then do another Google search and find a solution.
    Last edited by webedc; 04/19/2007 at 02:53 PM.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  12. #12  
    I can access OWA with no problems thru a pc or the treo, can also access the OMA thru the treo but with activesync just doesn't connect.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by DiRt DeViL View Post
    I can access OWA with no problems thru a pc or the treo, can also access the OMA thru the treo but with activesync just doesn't connect.
    What's the error code?
  14. aaronchow's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #14  
    off-topic:

    The company I work for has exchange setup with self-signed SSL. My Treo680's Versamail cannot activesync it because it has a self-sign certificate, and I'm unable to convert and install their certificate into my 680 because I don't really know what I'm doing.

    So if I want to activesync anything OTA, am I screwed? Or will a WM device do the trick?
  15. z3bum's Avatar
    Posts
    717 Posts
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    #15  
    Versamail for EAS now longer works with self-signed certificates. A ridiculous move on Palm's part, pushed through by certificate companies. The only way I got it working on my Treo was to allow non-ssl connections. Curiously, Windows Mobile 6 devices work but not WM5.

    Good luck, Exchange EAS is neat, but a bit tricky depending on the system, firewall, IT policies, etc.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  16. #16  
    does your 750 sync notes and task over the air as well through exchange?
  17. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by DiRt DeViL View Post
    I can access OWA with no problems thru a pc or the treo, can also access the OMA thru the treo but with activesync just doesn't connect.
    Is your OWA using https or http? Are you using Exchange 2003 with sp2? We need to know these things before we move on.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx

Posting Permissions