1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 750 I am running Tom Tom 6 on. I was wondering if I can remove the SD card and insert it into my HP 6920 and use Tom Tom on that device?

Thanks!!
    Install TomTom on the iPaq the same way you did as on the Treo 750.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    You can also install TT on the other device from scratch. TT allows two concurrent installations, at least that's the case with the Palm OS and this in in a FAQ on the TomTom site.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I concur with MarkY. I have TT6 installed on my wife's 700P, and also on my 700Wx. But, you are supposed to wait one week between the first and second installations for the "activation" to work without a problem.
  5.    #5  
    Do I have to re-activate the TT software everytime I switch from one phone to the other? I have had TT 6 installed for over a month so the one week thing should not be an issue.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Yes, but it's no big deal. It won't deactivate the first activation device--it's keyed to the PDA itself--assuming that you wait for the one week from time of first activation.

I think that you can even do a third device, after waiting for six months. (Not sure about that, but think I read it.)

The only "issue" is that your TT Home account will only have one primary device for purchasing new maps, etc.

I keep that assigned to my wife's 700P, since I also have iGuidance for my 700Wx.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    Yes, but it's no big deal. It won't deactivate the first activation device--it's keyed to the PDA itself--assuming that you wait for the one week from time of first activation.

I think that you can even do a third device, after waiting for six months. (Not sure about that, but think I read it.)

The only "issue" is that your TT Home account will only have one primary device for purchasing new maps, etc.

I keep that assigned to my wife's 700P, since I also have iGuidance for my 700Wx.
    So if I understand you, if I install TT 6 on my other WM5 device I can move the SD card with maps back and forth between the two devices and not have to keep registering each time? I could use my 750, for example to navigate one way and turn around an hour later and plug the SD card into my other phone and navigate back in the other direction right?

My 750 will be my primary device and is already set up on my Home account.

Thanks for all of your assistance!!
  8.    #8  
    I want to thank you all for your help. You saved me over $120 since I was being told by others that I could not use TT 6 on both of my devices and needed a second license. I registered the software on my iPaq and it ran perfectly. I switched it back to my 750 and it also ran perfect and did not require another registration.

This forum rocks!!!