Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    To my dismay, I never seem to see topicsabout the bluetooth headset problems anymore? Have we all stopped using bluetooth or has someone found a fix for this that I have missed?
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    YES!!!! I am so sick of the lack of bluetooth capability (the patch is a poor bandaid), lack of memory and unstable operating system with the 700w that as soon as the Q becomes with WM6 I am gone. I have had the 700W for a year and its design flaws significantly out weigh any of its advantages. If Sprint gets the Q-WM6 first it is worth the $200 to switch from my current carrier just to get rid of 700w.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I've stopped using it completely.
    Strange, I have a 700wx from Sprint and have no problems, even after the Hannip A2DP update. I use BT headset all the time.
    i have the verizon 700wx and i use my bluetooth everyday with no problems. i love it
    FWIW I have the Sprint edition and I haven't used BT is a couple of months.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by benjimatt View Post
    i have the verizon 700wx and i use my bluetooth everyday with no problems. i love it
    Which headset are you using? We have tryed so many and all we get is disconnect issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Strange, I have a 700wx from Sprint and have no problems, even after the Hannip A2DP update. I use BT headset all the time.
    Me, too... Every day...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I use an old Moto 820 and it works great. It might mess up and not connect maybe once a week? Acceptable in my book because it autoconnects on outgoing calls (my 650 never did) and sounds great.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

It also might be the area you are at and the location of the phone and the BT headset. I use a Jabra BT500. I normally like to keep my phone clipped on my right hip, but my headset is on left ear. I sometimes get static, but when I do, I just move the phone over to my left.

Also, don't forget about interference. BT frequency is 2.4Ghz, which happens to be the same as Wifi (B/G), some cordless phones (using 2.4Ghz) and operating microwaves.
    I have the buggy 700w and my bluetooth works great. I use a Jabra BT 350.
    As long as you soft reboot the phone once every day to reclaim lost/ leaked memory and use magic button to make sure apps are actually closed and use Oxios hibernate, it still works fairly well.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I actually didn't mind the connection between my headset and my WX. That I could deal with. The bigger problem for me is everyone says that they can barely hear me when I'm on it. The distance that I have to be from my phone is also crap. If I have to keep it in my right front pocket, then I'll just use a wired headset and NOT get the complaints from everyone I talk to saying how crappy it sounds, when they can hear me at all.
    these are the headphones i bought. i love them so much

buy from

http://www.heliumdigital.com/shoppin...sp?id=65&bc=no

Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Which headset are you using? We have tryed so many and all we get is disconnect issues.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I had dropout issues with my 700w and my Handsfreelink Carkit...since Verizon swapped me over to a 700wx, i've had no issues whatsoever
    no issues with my Plantronics Disco 645 or whatever they are. Great.
    I use a nXZEN 5500 without any disconnect problems. I really hate how you can't use voice activation through the BlueTooth however I don't have any problems with my BT. I use mine for business at least 2-3 hours per day.

By the way after trying 6 different BT nXZEN is by far the best! This is the only BT that I ever owned where people hear me clear without asking if I am on a speaker phone or something. My last BT was the Jabra JX-10. Great BT but lots of static and noise cancel technology was only soso.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Jawbone BT solved my issues. It's not perfect but it's damn close.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    i have a sprint wx, and a jabra bt800-i was able to make it work with even my 650! But i've pretty much stopped using the headset- the a2dp didn't help my disconnect issues... i've got a seidio 3.5mm audio adapter that i plug into my car audio system- i found out by accident that when a call came in, the audio was routed to my car speakers and the treo mic picked up the audio and minimized echo... works for me...
    i keep BT off, so when i need to use my headset, i turn it on and it then turn it off when i'm done...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    I have a wx from sprint. after hannip's fix I do not get any more dropouts. I use:
    * plantronics 640 (best one)
    * plantronics 655 (very good except for a delay when you answer a call
    * car stereo (pioneer) where I answer calls and stream music via my bluetooth connection

I feel your pain... see if vz will replace the phone for a wx....
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rotty2004 View Post
    I have a wx from sprint. after hannip's fix I do not get any more dropouts. I use:
    * plantronics 640 (best one)
    * plantronics 655 (very good except for a delay when you answer a call
    * car stereo (pioneer) where I answer calls and stream music via my bluetooth connection

I feel your pain... see if vz will replace the phone for a wx....
    It is a wx. And I have had it replaced already with a brand new one. I am afraid that this will never be fully resolved.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast