Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have a Jabra JX10, everytime my BT is on standby for longer then 30mins or i walk away from the phone more then 30ft I get the dropout issue. Its very weird how this happens even though I see my bluetooth is still connected on my today screen but its not checked off when I go into my BT Manager I recheck it but it still doesn't reconnect unless I do a softreset...I don't have a A2DP headphones so I don't know how it acts with headphones but I'm assuming the same thing. Has anyone had any connectivty problems with the Jabra JX10 ??
    Quote Originally Posted by treoreo View Post
    I have a Jabra JX10, everytime my BT is on standby for longer then 30mins or i walk away from the phone more then 30ft I get the dropout issue. Its very weird how this happens even though I see my bluetooth is still connected on my today screen but its not checked off when I go into my BT Manager I recheck it but it still doesn't reconnect unless I do a softreset...I don't have a A2DP headphones so I don't know how it acts with headphones but I'm assuming the same thing. Has anyone had any connectivty problems with the Jabra JX10 ??
    My Jabra JX 10 was never good when it came to connectivity and the range was always poor. It was one of my favorite BTs for fit, look and noise reduction however static due to the short range eventually caused me to move on to the nXGEN 5500. Hands down the best BT I ever owned.
    I have Sprint 700wx. After I applied the AD2P fix, bluetooth is working. I'm using the Jabra BT125 headset.
    For whatever it is worth, I also tested the jx10 when I first got my treo and I can second what has been said before... Looks good, feels good, but it is really poor in reception and call quality

Also, after reading some posts here yesterday I decided to give Jetware a shot. I have to say i'm completely amazed at how good my BT works now (keep in mind i'm talking about a 24 hrs period)...!!!

I use BT mainly in my car and now it stays connected 100% of the time, I can even see the battery meter and signal meter in my stereo display while I drive...!!! How cool is that! Without jetware I was not able to see that... and evey once in a while, the treo would go to 'sleep' and have a hard time reconnecting during a call... not anymore... Connects in a snap and stays connected...

I would say, if you have problems with BT, give jetware a shot. You can use it free for 30 days and see if it works for you... i will test this longer, but i'm almost sure i will end up buying after the trial...
    vzw 700wx with plantronics 510 and acura handsfree. Almost everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by brothermike View Post
    vzw 700wx with plantronics 510 and acura handsfree. Almost everyday.
    Same here. It doesn't always pick up calls, but I can switch it over. Outgoing calls work fine. I think the answer to the OP's question is that many of us (not all) that have experimented have it working at a % that is better than nothing.

The Plantronics 510 has very good sound. Sometimes I have to power cycle it to clear up some noise, but not all the time. If I were in sales it would probably bother me more that it's not 100%. For a few calls a day it's fine.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I have the Jabra JX10 and 700w and did the Hannip A2DP update. It didn't fix the problem. The JX10 is very noisy. I am disappointed with both the JX 10 and 700w.
    So it's not just me?
    I've tried 4 different headsets, that all worked pretty damn well with my old EnV, and they suck.
    My VZW 700wx (WM6) cannot stay connected via bluetooth for anything. It just drains my battery all day long, but my headsets keep disconnecting, and I have to go in and turn off bluetooth, then back on, then pair the devices and maybe i'll be able to then hold down the stylus on the headset and say hands free, and then go back the main screen and say connect bluetooth.
    At which point my call is usually over.

I have a love hate relationship with this phone.
    Which version of WM6 are you using?

The custom rom's (both NightRaven and my own) have significantly better bluetooth drivers than the stock Verizon one.
    I have an old Motorola head set and it seemed to work ok except for some static I recently bought a Blue Ant unit and it sounds great but it looses a connection every so often. Reading through the posts i saw there is a patch for bluetooth for the 700wx. Can someone let me know where i can obtain this patch?
    just use the sweet head phones that come with the phone
    they are pretty stylish i must say
    Never had blue tooth issues with my phone either...

Some BT devices are crap but other then that no issues with the phone its self..

But also realize most of us that have mentioned we have no issues also have a custom rom installed.

Rodney
    Global Posts
    383 Global Posts
    I have a user with a 700WX WM6 and I bought the new Blueant V1 for him. He has the same problem that Fidgetss mentioned where it would just drop connection for no apparent reason and have to be paired again or uncheck bluetooth, check it again, etc. So I exchanged his 700wx for a Brand NEW one then upgraded to WM6 from verizon Same problem....

So I decided, before sending back the headset to try it with my Treo 750 WM6 ATT version. The thing works flawless, best headset I've ever used.

Today I check the blueant site, and behold, a firmware update for the V1. I just upgraded it. And I am going to give it back to the user and see if he has the same issues.
    Has nightraven's RC1 release (with new bluetooth stack) fix the bt problems?
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Just loaded NightRaven's 1.2 rom on my VZW wx. I'll dust off my motorola BT and give it another chance tomorrow. I had the same problems with BT and the stock ROMs.
    Global Posts
    383 Global Posts
    Just reporting my results from my post from 12/22/08. I upgraded the BlueAnt V1's firmware to 5.3 and the problem still exists. Still disconnecting randomly from the Treo 700w. Going to give the user my Motorola H555 to see if he has the same problem with it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12