1.    #1  
    I just bought my 700wx a few weeks ago and everything has been going well. I am new to the Treo - so I am in a learning phase. My SD card was reading fine up until 2 days ago. Now it seems like when I have the SD card in the phone it pops up with an error message "Not enough memory to load driver". This goes away once I remove the card......

Any ideas?
    Did you try a soft reset before inserting it?
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I just received my SDW11G card. After following the instructions (load driver BEFORE inserting card) for installation, I'm getting the same "Not enough memory to load driver". I've done a number of soft resets. Removed the driver and re-installed. Any suggestions?

Wait, I might have figured it out. If I turn off the radio first (put the Treo in "flight mode") and then insert the card it works. I can then turn the radio back on for phone usage.

Did I miss something in the instructions?
    Last edited by mixman; 05/03/2007 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Update
    I have been having the same issues with the SDW11G card. I have tried everything that I have found in these forums. Turning off bluetooth, flight mode, no phone radio. I have removed applications, and cleaned all the temp files.
    I have gotten it to actually load only twice, with no idea what caused it to work those two times.

Flight Mode (no phone radio or bluetooth)
    Current mem:
    Storage - 20.25mb free
    Program - 37.49mb free

"Not enough memory to load drivers"

I don't understand what causes the drivers to fail when there is just so much damn memory available.
    The time I got it to work long enough to test, it was great! Does anyone have any solid answers as to how to seriously fix this one?
    I repeat, did you soft reset the device? I often have to do this whenever I have to insert my Wi-Fi card.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Same issue here with my Wi-Fi...always needs a reset first BUT...only on my 700wx! On my wife's 700w (much "less" memory normally available) I can insert it whenever with no problems, no closing apps, etc.

Weird...

ENV
    I hope some day with get a ROM update to fix this.

I even use the Palm WIFI card with the same issue (and that stupid security warning).

Only a soft-reset helps.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Yes, I do the soft reset in the process.

Just tried it again. Turned on flight mode and soft reset.
    After the reset I had 41MB free ram. Still says not enough memory to load the driver.
    Since my last post, I have gotten it to work twice, for a total of 3 times. Works great when it wants to. But honestly, I think I have to spend 10 minutes trying different combinations, clearing ram, killing processes, flight mode on flight mode off, soft reset.
    I'm just so pissed that this is such a problem on the 700wx, since I specifically thought I didn't need built in wi-fi because of the avail. of SDIO.
    I pray Malatesta is right that a ROM fix would be on its way. The lame thing is, I get crappy EV-DO bandwidth, so really I just need wi-fi all the time. My friend at work sports his new 6700, w/ wifi that works when he wants it to
    Quote Originally Posted by jdisrael View Post
    I have been having the same issues with the SDW11G card. I have tried everything that I have found in these forums. Turning off bluetooth, flight mode, no phone radio. I have removed applications, and cleaned all the temp files.
    I have gotten it to actually load only twice, with no idea what caused it to work those two times.

Flight Mode (no phone radio or bluetooth)
    Current mem:
    Storage - 20.25mb free
    Program - 37.49mb free

"Not enough memory to load drivers"

I don't understand what causes the drivers to fail when there is just so much damn memory available.
    The time I got it to work long enough to test, it was great! Does anyone have any solid answers as to how to seriously fix this one?
    I use the same card and have allot less storage memory (Storage 13.27Mb, Program 38.63). I usually have to perform a soft reset to use the card, but I do not have any problems with the phone radio on/off or BT on/off.
    Ok. I think I might be seeing some consistency. I first turn the phone to flight mode, then soft reset without the sd card in. Once it fully comes back, I pop in the sd wifi, and seem to be getting it to load. Then I can turn flight mode off. I will try this a few more times... but thanks for the support!
    have any of your contacted Palm support in regards to this issue? Generally if we all submit a problem to Palm and have everyone refer to that same case number that is the best way to get them to do something about it. I am seeing the same issue after loading a custom application and trying to load an SD scan card.

Software Version: TREO700WX-1.20-VZW
    Hardware: A
    Firmware: 119
    Here is how to solve this issue:

Remove the SD card from the slot (if there is one in there). Go to Wireless Manager and put the phone in Airplane mode (turn off both Phone and Bluetooth). Turn the treo off. Insert SDIO WiFi card. Turn the treo on. I noticed that I got the "not enough memory" msg if I left the phone or bluetooth on. By turning them both off, you won't get it.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by govtcheez View Post
    Here is how to solve this issue:

Remove the SD card from the slot (if there is one in there). Go to Wireless Manager and put the phone in Airplane mode (turn off both Phone and Bluetooth). Turn the treo off. Insert SDIO WiFi card. Turn the treo on. I noticed that I got the "not enough memory" msg if I left the phone or bluetooth on. By turning them both off, you won't get it.
    This did not work for me. Anyone else have a solution to this problem?