1.    #1  
    I've had the Treo 750v since November now and WOW is it full of bugs. It's nearly unusable. I've been able to work around or ignore (by regularly rebooting) most of the issues up until now but I've started running in to issues that I can't ignore.

The alarms on the phone have started going nuts. Whenever an alarm is set to go off, and whenever I reboot (which needs to be done daily), the phone start flipping out by ringing and vibrating with alarms overlapping one over the other. The only way I was able to prevent it from happening randomly was to disable all alarms (not just uncheck, but also remove all selected days of the week). This happens without any pop-up notifications to turn it off and isn't solved by a reboot. I've had the phone get in this state three times now and the only solution is a hard reset which requires entering all data again.

Check out for a visual. This happens for about 10 minutes (I put only 2 minutes in the video).

The problem is that whenever this happens it runs the risk of running into the other major bug: where phone ringers, alarms, and notifications just stop happening. I find that if I don't reboot the phone daily I will inevitably miss phone calls and meetings because the notifications will give out. Unfortunately meeting invites never come up any more since this started happening, even after a reboot, so meeting notifications are now also useless.

Voice commands are disabled, and have never been enabled so it's not that (as has been suggested on this forum).

Does anybody have any ideas? Or has anybody run into this in the past? I need to use the alarm function of the phone as I travel regularly and need an alarm with me. I also need the meeting notifications as this is my work phone! How can I keep this from happening again besides getting a BlackBerry (my next course of action with Vodafone). Is there a software update for this phone?

I have to say that the 750v is by far the worst product (not just phone) I've ever bought.
    Last edited by warpzero; 04/17/2007 at 04:53 AM.
    I installed Alarm Today by pocketmax.net. Checked off the WM5 alarm fix setting and now my Alarms work reliably and consistently.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Just a quick one - I have seen similar when rebooted and you have a lot of outstanding alarms from calendar events. The thing goes mad trying to alert you to all the previous alarms that are overdue - much like what your video shows. Can't remember if WM5 has it but you need to "dismiss all" previous alarms.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the responses.

I don't think it's related to calendar events - that isn't the sound I use for calendaring, it's the one I use only for alarms. The same thing happens if I set an alarm - when it comes times for the alarm to go off it will act like the video for about 10 minutes and never provide a pop-up to dismiss the alarm. If I disable the alarm (but leave one of the MTWTFSS buttons checked) then "ghost" alarms will go off, like in the video, at different intervals through the day. Long story short: I believe it's just related to alarms.

I may try AlarmToday but I somewhat resent having to pay €7 for a shareware app to get my phone to a usable state. Palm and/or Vodafone should fix this.
    Wonder if it has something to do with your notifications. PocketMAX.net also has a small utility to clear duplicate alerts/events in the device. You only need to run it once to clear dups.

Try it...
  6.    #6  
    Follow up to this - Vodafone replaced my 750v with a new one.

Unfortunately after about 5 weeks of using it the same problems have occurred, plus some new ones (i.e., Voicemail notifications that won't go away but are always updated with the last reboot time making them look new, and regular crashes in services.exe).

The video of this new phone is available here:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=WoqcXT-_59U

I've had enough of this phone. I'm replacing it with a Blackberry.
    Oh well, another one bites the dust. Sad thing is the issue was the notification database which could be solved quite easily.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    i feel like such an ***** for buying this phone. i stumbled onto this forum and the loads and loads of problems and unhappy users only after buying.

oh well, lesson learned i guess.

if you HAVEN'T bought a 750 yet, please read through the threads here

it is a shame that palm couldn't have just improved on the very good 650. the 750 is such a downgrade from the 650 it is not even funny.

if you want a phone that stops ringing throughout the day as it chooses, have a brutally bad OS that requires on average twice as many clicks to do what you can in palm OS, notifications that will ring and ring (through meetings or throughout the night) until you get the email or text "read" , and a bunch of other horrible probs, the 750 is ok.

if you want a smartphone that is smart and or a phone, the 750 won't cut it.
    Problem exists between keyboard and chair
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    Quote Originally Posted by gearwh0re View Post
    i feel like such an ***** for buying this phone. i stumbled onto this forum and the loads and loads of problems and unhappy users only after buying.

oh well, lesson learned i guess.

if you HAVEN'T bought a 750 yet, please read through the threads here

it is a shame that palm couldn't have just improved on the very good 650. the 750 is such a downgrade from the 650 it is not even funny.

if you want a phone that stops ringing throughout the day as it chooses, have a brutally bad OS that requires on average twice as many clicks to do what you can in palm OS, notifications that will ring and ring (through meetings or throughout the night) until you get the email or text "read" , and a bunch of other horrible probs, the 750 is ok.

if you want a smartphone that is smart and or a phone, the 750 won't cut it.
    Give me a break. WM is not for the squeamish or technically-non-inclined. What? a Palm phone doesn't have problems? BS!

Sure, the 750 does have it's share of problems as does most other devices out there.

As I posted above, I fixed my alarm problems and now every single one fires reliably. I did a little research and found the solution.

The POS is a simple OS for simple needs. Period.

Thanks for playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Give me a break. WM is not for the squeamish or technically-non-inclined. What? a Palm phone doesn't have problems? BS!

Sure, the 750 does have it's share of problems as does most other devices out there.

As I posted above, I fixed my alarm problems and now every single one fires reliably. I did a little research and found the solution.

The POS is a simple OS for simple needs. Period.

Thanks for playing.
    share of problems? yeah you could say that :lol:

i know some of the problems aren't specific to WM but alot are, and the 750 is the single worst phone i have ever encountered.

i would be fine chalking it up to bad luck on my part but obviously from the threads on this forum it goes alot deeper than just my machine.

the 750 is an almost inoperable piece of ****, mainly (but not totally) due to its operating system.

you may find things like

a) having your phone ring when someone calls you
    b) having your alarm go off in the morning
    c) having your inbox not self destruct a few times a day

to be "simple" but the 650 did them just fine

but re-read my post, i blame no one but myself. this forum was here with the warning signs, i just didn;t get to it fast enough.

if i can save 1 person the HORRIBLE mistake of buying a 750 my work is done.
    Quote Originally Posted by gearwh0re View Post
    i know some of the problems aren't specific to WM but alot are, and the 750 is the single worst phone i have ever encountered.
    Then you've obviously never used the 700p.
    I don't have any issues with my Treo 750. Alarms are reliable, my phone rings as long as I have reception, and I soft reset 1x or 2x a week (usually b/c of a backup). Your problems could be coming from some third party apps.