Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Hello;

    I have been asking around and no Telus rep. can answer my question.

    I am purchasing a Treo 700wx from Telus Canada under their student plan.

    http://www.telusmobility.com/on/plan...nts_only.shtml

    And my question is this;

    1. This plan allows me to have unlimited e-mail/ instant messagain/ chat;
    So does that mean I can configure it to my Gmail and get up-to-date e-mail notifications instantly?
    Here comes the tricky question;
    If so, can I do this without a data-plan?
    Also,
    Would there be any third-party software?

    Thanks,
    Studio+727+com
  2. #2  
    It looks to me like:

    100 text, video, and picture messages
    unlimited email, instant messaging, and chat
    web browsing

    Means unlimited internet.

    In which case, yes, you can set up your Gmail - but you need some third-party utility to get them instantly (I think).
  3.    #3  
    Thanks a lot bro

    I will be getting my Treo 700wx within a week! I am so excited
    Studio+727+com
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    It looks to me like:

    100 text, video, and picture messages
    unlimited email, instant messaging, and chat
    web browsing

    Means unlimited internet.
    Looks to me like the word "unlimited" only applies to the line it appears in. "Web Browsing" is on another line.

    I'd make sure I knew how much "web browsing" is included.
    Last edited by racklefratz; 04/17/2007 at 09:25 AM.
  5. #5  
    For a Treo you require an ACTUAL DATA plan, unless you want $1000 bills.

    ie. http://www.telusmobility.com/on/busi...b_25_pda.shtml
  6. #6  
    It does say email and IM are unlimited. You need data for both. So I think he's good
  7. #7  
    I would look up the spark plans

    ie. http://www.telusmobility.com/on/wweb/how_bundle.shtml

    Read the definitions carefully
  8. #8  
    Yea, he needs to be 100% sure so he doesn't get one of those "surprise" data bills.
  9. #9  
    im with telus and this DOES NOT mean unlimited internet. they mean the sms version of email from your telus mobility email only which would be yor cell # @telus.net so dont be fooled or ur going to get a big bill. and no with telus text messaging is not included in the data plan its a separate package that usually cost 10 bux extra but i see its included so you will get it but it has nothing to do with the data plan the way its set up. also with a pda from telus they are not capable of picture messaging or receiving them that part of the student plan only corresponds to a phone hand set and not a PDA hand set.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    im with telus and this DOES NOT mean unlimited internet. they mean the sms version of email from your telus mobility email only which would be yor cell # @telus.net so dont be fooled or ur going to get a big bill. and no with telus text messaging is not included in the data plan its a separate package that usually cost 10 bux extra but i see its included so you will get it but it has nothing to do with the data plan the way its set up. also with a pda from telus they are not capable of picture messaging or receiving them that part of the student plan only corresponds to a phone hand set and not a PDA hand set.
    The OP stated he has some sort of "Telus student plan," so it MIGHT be different. Either way he should call and find out
  11. #11  
    I do not think you are getting unlimited data but Telus the answer when you get one.
  12.    #12  
    a HUGE Thank You to all of you!

    Ok, say I have called in Telus and apparantly one is not eligible for the student plan with a PDA/ Blackberry.

    So, to get a PDA/ Blackerry one would have to get on a Data Plan.

    So I have opted for a Data + Voice plan= $72 (after taxes, system fee and 911 fee included)

    So, I have 4MB of data.

    Thanks everyone,
    Studio+727+com
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Studio+727+com View Post
    a HUGE Thank You to all of you!

    Ok, say I have called in Telus and apparantly one is not eligible for the student plan with a PDA/ Blackberry.

    So, to get a PDA/ Blackerry one would have to get on a Data Plan.

    So I have opted for a Data + Voice plan= $72 (after taxes, system fee and 911 fee included)

    So, I have 4MB of data.

    Thanks everyone,
    Studio+727+com
    what i tell yah lol your on my plan get off !!
  14.    #14  
    JuggaloX: lol I am going on the Talk and Email $45 with $10 unlimited text messaging.

    I got the unlimited text messaging because I heard of an application that can send you instant e-mail notification from your pop3 accouts using the text messaging system. But, I do not know what it is, can someone tell me please?

    Thanks,
    Studio+727+com

Posting Permissions