1.    #1  
    I use the cingular xpress email program that came with the treo. (750)- It's okay but once in a while when I lose coverage for a few minutes (due to me being in a lab), if it happens to populate my comcast account or any other account, it will pop up a notification S7190 (or something like that)- or Network could not be reached, try again in a few minutes-

When this notification pops up, it will NOT "populate" or push email until I click ok. This is really annoying- until I noticed that the title of the notification said xpress settings.

I went there but see no settings to turn this off. Nor are there any in the sounds/notification area.

So I am wondering what a better third party email pusher would be- that does NOT have this annoying notification. Or do yours have the same thing??

Thanks!
    Lance
    I use flexmail and I love it. I had chatter with the 680 and that was wonderful, but no go for the 750.
  3.    #3  
    Flexmail, Ive heard good and bad things about it nowdays.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=flexmail

So here is a question...

Suppose you set it to push every 1 minute invertals and then go into a room where there is no reception and the treo flexmail "checks" your comcast account- will it return an error? (which will need to be cleared BEFORE it can check again) Or will it return an error BUT still be able to check afterwards when reception is back on without you having to clear the message.
    OR will you be able to set options to have it NOT pop up with those "couldnt connect" error? so that it will automatically search(check account mail) whenever it's back in reception?

I did look into the registry and found xpress settings- and all that but it didnt have a line or description on turning this off. (i.e. the s711, s7900, s7154 errors)
    Thanks!!
    Lance
    Mine pushes with no problems at all. As a matter of fact it is pretty instant. I have heard a lot of people complain in looses connection, and YES it does, but only when my 750 looses it's internet connection temporarily....You just have to go back and re connect flexmail. Give it a shot!
    Isn't Flexmail just an Pocket Outlook replacement? If you want a good Push email client, check out PushEffect. It's an app that runs on your PPC. It's only $20 (USD) for the software and runs well and very easy to configure. The only stipulation is that it requires that your email server allows to forward email (forwarded to use a text message) and that you have a SMS/Text message package. When you receive an email, the email is forwarded to you as a text message. When youre device retrieves the text message, it (text message) acts as a trigger for PushEffect to retrieve the message. It works well. I use it along with the regular Pocket Outlook.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Isn't Flexmail just an Pocket Outlook replacement? If you want a good Push email client, check out PushEffect. It's an app that runs on your PPC. It's only $20 (USD) for the software and runs well and very easy to configure. The only stipulation is that it requires that your email server allows to forward email (forwarded to use a text message) and that you have a SMS/Text message package. When you receive an email, the email is forwarded to you as a text message. When youre device retrieves the text message, it (text message) acts as a trigger for PushEffect to retrieve the message. It works well. I use it along with the regular Pocket Outlook.

Now,... that's just crazy. Pardon the pun. ;D

I want to avoid text messages like the plaque. Imagine trying to get a 100kb message as a text message?? eeeek
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Smartner is currently doing a beta for their Always On Mail. The beta shouldn't be too hard to get involved in, at least it wasn't when I signed up a while back. Hands down I think they have one of the best programs out there. I only had to stop using it because my new company blocks the port that the desktop redirector uses. Wish I still had the link for you but a google search should help.

Visto, allows a one month trial of their solution. This one is on par if not slightly better than Smartner. In addition to pushing your mail and contacts, you can also assign access to folders on your desktop and have access to your corporate global address book. Only issue is after a month you need to sign up again under a different name and number. So far this has worked for me until I can find a more permanent solution.

preview.wirelessinbox.com

Emoze is another one you can try out. It is a free software however it will embed an advertisement at the bottom of your emails. Might be a deal breaker if you are using it for business, but it is fairly unobtrusive. My only issue with Emoze is that it is seriously power hungry when in push mode. Others have had better success by having it check for mail at intervals.

www.emoze.com

Good luck,

A
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for sharing, InnerGeek- If all it takes is for me to click "ok" to resume populating my accounts, its much better than flexmail whereas you have to reconnect. I might just wait till the WM6 upgrade comes out then decide after that.
  9.    #9  
    Which one would you all prefer...

Flexmail
    Smartner
    Visto

Feel free to add to the list. Im getting furstrated with xpress's annoying notifications.
    I agree with crazie.eddie, PushEffect is the way to go! Clean, simple, fast, elegant solution. Adds other features to PocketOutlook besides push like auto send, sleep period, auto attachment/rest of message download. Practically eliminates the need for send/receive. Works well with gmail and almost any other server.

Many of us have text message packages so it doesn't really matter that it uses server-side SMS triggers. Have not found a single bug and it's been totally reliable since it was installed on my 700wx 4 weeks ago. It's only $20 bucks, I use it to monitor 3 POP accounts, and depend on it every day. Highly recommended.
    Last edited by wannatreo; 04/23/2007 at 03:09 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Doesn't SMS count towards a part of the text message limit? For example you get 300 text messages a month in a package deal- or is SMS sent through the "internet data plan"(which is unlimited)? Pardon my ingorance- I've used text messages very sparingly but am not sure what SMS does- Video, data, send file I assume but how will this work if you have a 300 text plan limit a month?

Am I making any sense?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I am with you aslmentor, I want nothing to do with sms integration. Now I d/l the beta push svc. from Seven (used to be called smartner). While it does "push", I do not like it because:

1. if someone send you a email with a pic in the mail itself, all you will get is a blank mail. You will not even be able to read any text that may be in the mail.

2. No notification that you have new mail (this may not be a Seven prob. but a Treo problem) Is anyone's new mail notifications working?

Number one is a deal breaker for me. I do get mails with pics of whatever in them and I cannot view them. Have to go to regular mail, d/l a ton of messages to get to that one, then open it and delete all those other messages. Just a PITA.

If someone sends an attachement, that will work fine.
  13.    #13  
    Thanks for sharing, B00001!!

Seems that the most population uses flexmail- I could be wrong.
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    You could be. Flexmail is a very weak product from my perspective and is missing significant features, such as integration with the Today screen. I tried it and uninstalled.

So far, I haven't found a solution I like - I am living with Pocket Outlook and ExpressMail (I don't use the Push feature.)
  15.    #15  
    im using flexmail now- and have it as an icon on my today screen at the bottom screen. Also added it to the start menu and only takes 2 clicks to open.(start then "F").

So far it's seemingly more stable than xpress was with my comcast pop. (I need the push email effect more than anything)

EDITED: Hold side button now opens flexmail. handy there....
    Last edited by aslmentor; 04/28/2007 at 11:16 AM.
    Lance
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
  16.    #16  
    Just be warned if you guys try flexmail... one wrong settings, you can delete all your emails on your server. oops....
    Lance
    you all dont like the stock outlook email app? I know its simple but its pretty stable and supports multiple folders, etc.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    The stock Outlook doesn't do Push email, which is what many people want. It is fairly simple and is missing some usability features I'd like. I haven't found anything better, though.