1.    #1  
    I posted this in the Treo forum and it was suggested I post here ...

We can start calendar etc
    What can we say to close a program?
    In windows Alt-F4 ?

If I understand correctly pressing OK does not close a program but leaves it open?

thanks
    You could use many of the stand-alone programs which closes other programs, and then use voice command to activate it, e.g. Zapit. Then you would say "start Zapit" and it would close the fore-ground app. You could also rename zapit to something else, like close, and then say "start close" for the same effect.

Surur
    The MortScript way. Simple one liner.

Code:
    # CloseProgram.mscr - closes the currently active program
    #
    # Intended to be used with Voice Command.  Activate VC and 
    # say "start close program" and the currently displayed 
    # program will close.
    #

Close( ActiveWindow() )
    You must install MortScript before you can run this script. Get it here.
    http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...st&category=17
    (site was down when I posted, but it should be back soon)

Download this zip, extract CloseProgram.mscr and copy it to
    \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by nsdragonman View Post
    I posted this in the Treo forum and it was suggested I post here ...

We can start calendar etc
    What can we say to close a program?
    In windows Alt-F4 ?

If I understand correctly pressing OK does not close a program but leaves it open?

thanks
    If you use Hannip's one-liner and your PPC freezes, try this (or similar modifications).

-- JDC

Code:
    # CloseWindow.mscr
    #
    # Closes Active Window
    #
    # Platform Tested: Palm Treo 700w
    #
    # To activate this command with voice, place the script in or under \windows\start menu\programs\
    # Activate Voice Command, then say: "Start CloseWindow"
    # 
    #
    # Disabling PC version for now.
    Platform  = MortScriptType()
    #Message (Platform)

If (Platform eq "PC")
    	Message ("This App was Not Designed for PC... exiting now")
    	Exit
    EndIf

x = ActiveWindow()

# Closing the following windows causes the Treo 700w to "freeze"

if (x eq "Desktop" or x eq "" or x eq "Phone" or x eq "PalmOne-KeyLockWindow")

Message ("It's not reccomended that [ " & x  & " ] window be closed.  Script will exit.")

exit

EndIf

# The following windows represent subdirectories that the author created under \windows\start menu\programs\
    # Closing them causes Treo 700w to "freeze".  Sending OK closes them properly.  Edit the subdir names if 
    # you created similar subdirs.

if (x eq "Programs" or x eq "Apps" or x eq "Calculators"  or x eq "Clocks" or x eq "Favorites" or x eq "Games" or x eq "Media" or x eq "MusicUtils"  or x eq "oldSAP" or x eq "PgmUtils" or x eq "Recording" or x eq "Scripts"  or x eq "WebUtils")

SendOK
    	Exit

EndIf
    Close( x)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ah, I should've known you already had an app for this. Thanks, JD!
    How about an app to activate voice command without having to press any buttons at all

Surur
    On a more practical level, I wonder if any of you guys can get this to work. There is a free speech synthesis software for PPC called flite, which one could use to extend the voice command repertoire a bit, e.g. activate a program via voice command to download the weather, and then read it back to you, e.g. "Start weather", software starts a weather script, loads a website with the local weather, extracts the relevant data, and reads it back via flite. It looked very simple, and flite is supposed to be able to read a file or passed data, but it just refuses to work.
    http://www.freewareppc.com/multimedia/flite.shtml
    Its freeware and open source.

Anyone want to give it a go?

Surur
    tempting... I've played with flite.exe. I may give it a whirl.
  9.    #9  
    I am having trouble getting it installed on a Treo 700w. It started the install and then just announced failure :-( I used the SP install. Was that correct?
    thanks
    you need the PPC install, not the SP install.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    If you use Hannip's one-liner and your PPC freezes, try this (or similar modifications).
    In V4.01, MortScript works around the Windows bug with the program windows (sends IDOK command instead of WM_CLOSE). The desktop window was already ignored in older versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    On a more practical level, I wonder if any of you guys can get this to work. There is a free speech synthesis software for PPC called flite, which one could use to extend the voice command repertoire a bit, e.g. activate a program via voice command to download the weather, and then read it back to you, e.g. "Start weather", software starts a weather script, loads a website with the local weather, extracts the relevant data, and reads it back via flite. It looked very simple, and flite is supposed to be able to read a file or passed data, but it just refuses to work.
    http://www.freewareppc.com/multimedia/flite.shtml
    Its freeware and open source.

Anyone want to give it a go?

Surur
    If u finger out how to get it to pass a file as a parameter, let me know. In the meantime... try this...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=141359

-- JDC
    I'll give it a try later.

Surur