1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 700wx running WM 5.0 with Sprint. Did the phone come with voice command or do I have to buy Voice Command 1.6? The reason I ask is it will say who's calling and upcoming appointments, but I don't think I can say "Call Person". Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Neil R.
  2.    #2  
    Never mind, after messing around a little bit I figured it out. Make sure you have it enabled by going to Start...Setting..Personal....Voice Command....Check "Enabled". Then to pick a button, goto Start...Personal...Buttons..then just choose which button you'd like. I got lost on how to activate it, so I switched it to my side button. This is awesome..
    ... just wish it would work over Bluetooth...
    Quote Originally Posted by briguy73 View Post
    ... just wish it would work over Bluetooth...
    We all do, friend... ;-)
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Does the VC on the Treo suppose to say "SAY A COMMAND" when activate it ?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoreo View Post
    Does the VC on the Treo suppose to say "SAY A COMMAND" when activate it ?

No, that's VoiceSignal's voice dialing software for the PalmOS.

Microsoft's Voice Command software just does a beep and shows a small microphone icon when it is waiting for you to say something.

Also, Microsoft's Voice Command allows you to launch applications and get system information, calendar, and contact info. Not just call contacts.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    On my 700WX, voice command simply doesn't work. About 5 minutes after a soft reset, I get an error saying voice command must close due to a lack of memory.

I used to use it a lot on my 700w, never had this problem before.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_hotty View Post
    On my 700WX, voice command simply doesn't work. About 5 minutes after a soft reset, I get an error saying voice command must close due to a lack of memory.

I used to use it a lot on my 700w, never had this problem before.
    Interesting... I've never had any problems with it on my 700wx.

How much Program memory and Storage memory does your Treo show as available when you get this error? Are you having VC catalog all your media files, too? How many Contacts do you have?

I have over 1300 contacts and approximately 100 MP3's and I haven't had any memory problems.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    About 100 contacts, and zero MP3 files or movies. I have memory available, it's not really that, it just gives that error. I posted about it before, but I'm the only having this issue I guess.

The funny thing is, I remember reading somewhere that other people were having this problem too, I just can't find it, or remember where, lol.