Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried this new headset yet? I'm curious to see how it rates in comfort, sound quality and battery life.

http://www.store.motorola.com/mot/en...ionSKU=CATALOG
    It's not out yet is it? I am anxiously awaiting it.
    It is out. Motorola sent me an email telling me such.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I got the s9 on Saturday at Best Buy. I was using the HT820 before with a 700wx and Hannip's A2DP. The two biggest differences for me are the size and calls only come in through the left speaker. Pairing was easy.

When listening to mp3s at 128Kbps I can hear slight static at times. The bass is also less than the HT820, which should be expected because of the difference in the type of speaker. The buttons for track selection and volume are almost touch sensitive which could be good or bad. The only thing I can't do is pause audio.

When on a phone call the sound on my end is fine although it does take some getting used to only hearing a phone call in one ear and others have said I don't sound as distant as did with the HT820.

They fit comfortably on my head, but it's one size fits all so I'm sure that is going to leave a lot of people out. Battery life so far has been adequate for my needs of about 4 hours of mixed music, slingbox, and phone calls.

I'm happy with my purchase and I'll use them 'till the next best thing comes out. Plus with a smaller geek factor than the HT820 I was able to get the girlfriend's approval.
    just picked mine up from bestbuy, they'er charging now. i cant wait to try' em, every stereo bt headset ive owned looked ridiculous on me, finally something that dosent make me look like princess leia.
    has anyone seen these in any so cal bestbuys?
    just to reiderate on these headsets, they are f'n baddarse. ^^^ hey i think some cingular stores got'em, and i know you can get em on the web but time is money to me, i couldnt wait.
    Getting mine day after tomorrow. Looking forward to trying them out.
    I received my S9 headphones today. Very nice so far. The sound quality is quite good including decent bass. The highs seem a little "tinny" but otherwise very good especially for wireless. The only drawback I see if that the bandwidth of BT 2.0 seems to have a hard time keeping up with sampling rates above 128kbps. I can sometimes listen to complete songs at 192kbps but at other times if the signal fades a little it starts to clip and hesitate. This is not specific to the S9's though, I've experienced this with my 820's also. Overall I'd definitely recommend these at about $110. Got mine from mobilecityonline.com for $109 plus shipping.
    yeah the markup on those are so high now..I might wait. My buddy got his at best buy (employee discount) for 76 dollars and they still made money off of him. Ridiculous.

Anyway..he said they were great and that they are as small as they look. I guess the one-size-fits-all form factor was not a problem for him. He said he has not had any drop-outs so far while using slingbox or listening to 128kbps mp3's. He said they work fine for phone calls as well and that nobody complained about how he sounded on the other end.
    I just got one on all of your recommendations. (Best Buy) I'll report my findings in a couple of days. :^} It was easy to get going, and I got music and phone working in a couple of minutes after a brief charge.
    I ended up finding a new one on ebay for less than $100 shipped. Right now it seems ebay is the best place to buy them. One seller has 13 for $99 each plus 7.99 shipping. Saves a few bux from other online retailers and even more from bestbuy.
    just got mine. they are pretty good. the sound isn’t nearly as good as the sony HBH-DS970 but sound quality doesn’t matter if you get choppy bt connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoppins View Post
    I received my S9 headphones today. Very nice so far. The sound quality is quite good including decent bass. The highs seem a little "tinny" but otherwise very good especially for wireless. The only drawback I see if that the bandwidth of BT 2.0 seems to have a hard time keeping up with sampling rates above 128kbps. I can sometimes listen to complete songs at 192kbps but at other times if the signal fades a little it starts to clip and hesitate. This is not specific to the S9's though, I've experienced this with my 820's also. Overall I'd definitely recommend these at about $110. Got mine from mobilecityonline.com for $109 plus shipping.
    If you're not using them with a BT 2.0 device, then the bandwidth bottleneck is on your device. Basically, the 700wx only supports the slower BT 1.2, which could be the cause of your bandwidth issues. If you use your S9 with a BT 2.0 device, you shouldn't have any issues.
    Do they work on a Treo 680?

Ray
    I have not been able to get music to play from my 650

Someone suggested I need to spend another $20 for Softclick Audio Gateway
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I'm able to pair up my S9 with my 700WX. In the partnership settings, I have a selection Wireless Stereo. Does that mean that I have stereo capabilities on my S9 and that I do not need Hannip's A2DP hack?
    depends on which 700wx you have. If you have vzw 700wx you don't need my a2dp install. Otherwise you do.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    depends on which 700wx you have. If you have vzw 700wx you don't need my a2dp install. Otherwise you do.
    Thanks Hannip. I have Verizon!
    Just got mine today from Best Buy. It was on backorder for awhile. It works well. As suggested from the other threads, the large ear gels work best. It appears that I can go further away from my phone when streaming music, compared to the phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast