Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just returned mine to Radio Shack after using it for a week. In real world use (outside walking, etc), the bluetooth range is HORRIBLE. My songs would cut in and out constantly, and the only way they would be clear is if I put my Treo 700wx right next to my head. In my home, it worked fine, but I don't use headphones in the house. Very nice looking and feeling headset though!
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    I just returned mine to Radio Shack after using it for a week. In real world use (outside walking, etc), the bluetooth range is HORRIBLE. My songs would cut in and out constantly, and the only way they would be clear is if I put my Treo 700wx right next to my head. In my home, it worked fine, but I don't use headphones in the house. Very nice looking and feeling headset though!
    I would have to guess there's too much interference outside that causes it. Don't forget, Bluetooth is at 2.4 Ghz, which is the same frequency as 2.4 Ghz cordless phones, other BT devices, and running microwaves.

I just got mine yesterday. I went walking around our neighborhood with my dog and had no problems. I also drove to drop off some documents at a coworker's house and was able to watch/listen to my slingbox and had no problems either.

BTW, do you have the A2DP stack installed?
    One thing I noticed with the S9 is that Skype on my Treo allows me to converse/hear through the S9. My Jabra BT500's would not work the same way and the only way I can converse/hear is through the Treo mic and speaker.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Yes, I agree. The range is absolutely horrid. It seems to work better if you turn off activesync push email and the phone itself. It only skips if the phone is moving ive found..
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I had multiple problems with the Moto 820s, Sony-E. HBH-DS970 and Moto S9 with vzw 700wx...I sent a 700wx back because the BT A2DP skipped so much (I did not know that it was in BT stack, or whatever. I even tried to overclock the processorup to 520mhz, using xcpuscalar, thinking that the 312mhz my be a bit overworked). Did the update for the VZW 700w/wx from Palm's website and now all work without a flaw!!!!!

The update was fast ~30min total and then a soft reset.

Now I love my TREO ever more than before!

Dev
    Just got my S9 today. I paid $65 for them from a website that ships from china. net-stick.com. Also picked up on my 4gb transcend sd card from them for $44 or so. Got them both today and it only took about 10 days to ship.

My S9 is charging. But upon first try to pair, my treo couldnt find it. I have hannips a2dp. Is there anything else i need to install in order to use it? Or do i just have to let the headset fully charge to pair?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    -------------------------------------
    I find a similar thing. I almost have to hold my Treo behind my back to get good reception. If I put it in my shirt pocket it works ok, but I usually do not have a pocket on my tshirts when out walking the dog!

I think it is the location of the receiver behind the neck. It seems like poor design to me. When I am outside and it starts cutting out, I can set my Treo on a park bench or a car and get great reception out 25 feet or so. Put in in my pocket or on my belt and zilch - unless I walk looking sideways with the back of the headset pointing to my Treo.....

I haven't returned mine, sure considering it. Guess I better check the date of purchase.
    I have had similar problems. If I have 128kbps WMA file playing I have to keep the headset within about three feet of my Treo 700WX to avoid cutouts. Anything more than that and it works intermittently at best. This is a shame, since I hoped my Treo would replace my Zune as workout music player of choice. Any way to get the bluetooth radio juiced up on my 700WX? It is the Verizon variety, with version 1.22 firmware. Help?
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    The BT drop out is maddening to say the least. The S9 are an nice set of headphones. Paired with my 700WX and on my belt I get a lot of skip. If I pair with my laptop I can move around my house with almost no problems.

Palms BT update help significantly but still leaves alot to be desired.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12