1.    #1  
    Hi everyone!!

I am due for a contract upgrade and I was going to buy a Treo 750 last month, just when I heard about WM6 release. But I cant decide between waiting for new treo750 with WM6 or current treo750 with WM6 patch when it comes out. So please help me get answers to these questions:

1) WM6 would support 320x320 resolution. Is Treo 750's hardware capable of supporting this screen resolution after installing WM6 update??

2) There are very few games and apps for Treo 750 compared to other large screen phones, primarily due to its lower screen resolution. Would these apps/games become compatible for Treo 750 after WM6 patch due to increased screen resolution.

3) There are rumors that Cingular will launch their 7.2 Mbps HSDPA or HSUPA network this year. Would the wireless radio in Treo 750 be capable of supporting these speeds once its launched???

Should I go for current Treo 750 with Cingular WM6 patch coming in couple of months, or should I wait and see if there could be anything better coming for better WM6+Treo 750 experience.
    Any ideas when palm might be releasing WM6 version of Treo 750????

All experts on PDA phones out there, please help!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post

1) WM6 would support 320x320 resolution. Is Treo 750's hardware capable of supporting this screen resolution after installing WM6 update??
    No. This is a hardware limitation. The current 750's are not physically able to support a higher res.

2) There are very few games and apps for Treo 750 compared to other large screen phones, primarily due to its lower screen resolution. Would these apps/games become compatible for Treo 750 after WM6 patch due to increased screen resolution.
    Once again, no. I don't know about "very few", many vendors have altered their games to support square screens.

3) There are rumors that Cingular will launch their 7.2 Mbps HSDPA or HSUPA network this year. Would the wireless radio in Treo 750 be capable of supporting these speeds once its launched???
    Not sure about this one. Most likely no. I am using the comparison to EVDO Rev A to make this comment.

Should I go for current Treo 750 with Cingular WM6 patch coming in couple of months, or should I wait and see if there could be anything better coming for better WM6+Treo 750 experience.
    Oy vey! This question gets asked over and over in any technology forum. The answer is only YOU can answer that question. Figure out what YOU need and want from a device and whether the Treo can satisfy you now and the immediate future. You could sit and wait, but you will be missing out on using a great device today. Even if you do wait, there's something better awaiting right over the horizon. The problem is, you never can tell how long it takes to get to that horizon.

Any ideas when palm might be releasing WM6 version of Treo 750????
    Speculation is mid year for brand new device with wm6 and probably around the same time for upgrades to current devices.
    Last edited by JGold; 04/15/2007 at 06:39 PM.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)